Champions Hockey League Gameday Discussion 2019/2020

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Minsk is very competitve and when HPK lose today vs Zug and Pilen will win, than they ve meaningless games vs Rungsted.

Last edited:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Outside of KHL you could argue that this group has three of top 10 orgs in european hockey. Grenoble is also a decent pro team which can also win couple of games like the win over Skellefteå. At the moment Kärpät (and Bern) seems to be a favorite to go through needing only one win from remaining three games.
Definately the toughest group by far. Kärpät ranked 3rd and Bern 5th even with the KHL teams in the mix. Skellefteå 26th.

Top 250 européen / European ice hockey club rankings / 2018-19

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
This Ranking is not particularly meaningful. That would mean that Jokerit would only be the fourth best Finnish team. The KHL clubs have to be rated much higher. Yekaterinburg must to be on 3rd. Kazan, Ufa, Dynamo Moskow in Top 20.

Yeah, it is based on the performance in the domestic leagues. So the teams in the KHL that finish in the bottom of the league will be rated lower than teams that finish in the top of the SHL. Very hard to have a fair ranking in hockey. In football the ranking is based on the teams performance in CL and EL. Since KHL isn't in this tournament it is hard to have such ranking. But it clearly should be the same system as in football.

Bad game against Banska Bystrica. Hard team to play against since they grinding the f*** of this game. But 2 points is okey.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Super entertaining game between Bern and Kärpät. Kärpät with the shootout win.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Frölunda wins in regulation. Think they played well but their PP is still awful. Unnecessary to let Mountfield back into the game late in the third. Thought Frölunda controlled the game after their 4-2 goal.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
I recommend to tune into the Ambri-Munich game, just to witness the best hockeysupporters Switzerland has to offer.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Too bad there arent that many fans here from the smaller hockey countries, would be nice to hear if the CHL championship would be more prestigious to them than winning their own national league. I know that the swedes, finns, swiss, germans and czech atleast would rather win their own league and CHL championship would be a nice extra (like for JYP a couple years ago). Would EBEL teams rather win CHL than their own league?

rizka

May 7, 2016
@Maverick41 I don't think 3.652 is that much of Hakametsä's capacity, which is 7.300. It's more than half still, 50.03 percent to be exact! We should keep that stuff out of this thread, though, or the trolls will come. I also tag here @Ciccarelli.

Tappara desperately needed points and six points we got. If we get another six points from the Norwegians, we are quaranteed to qualify for the playoffs once again which is awesome. Friday's game against KAC was a decent effort. First period was a little suspicious. The Austrians created a lot of scoring chances by speed and skill and also by our defence's mistakes. In the second period Tappara spent a lot of time on opponent's defensive zone not letting them make routine line shifts and that drained KAC's energy. On the latter half of the game Tappara had plenty of pretty goals against the exausted KAC. 8-3 was the final score.

Today's game against Biel I couldn't follow that closely, but it seemed a lot like the previous encounter. Hiller looked great again and so did our Heljanko. Tappara was pressing for goals, but only had one on one of many powerplays. Luckily it was enough, 1-0 was the score.

Reactions: Go Donbass

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
@Maverick41 I don't think 3.652 is that much of Hakametsä's capacity, which is 7.300. It's more than half still, 50.03 percent to be exact! We should keep that stuff out of this thread, though, or the trolls will come. I also tag here @Ciccarelli.

Tappara desperately needed points and six points we got. If we get another six points from the Norwegians, we are quaranteed to qualify for the playoffs once again which is awesome. Friday's game against KAC was a decent effort. First period was a little suspicious. The Austrians created a lot of scoring chances by speed and skill and also by our defence's mistakes. In the second period Tappara spent a lot of time on opponent's defensive zone not letting them make routine line shifts and that drained KAC's energy. On the latter half of the game Tappara had plenty of pretty goals against the exausted KAC. 8-3 was the final score.

Today's game against Biel I couldn't follow that closely, but it seemed a lot like the previous encounter. Hiller looked great again and so did our Heljanko. Tappara was pressing for goals, but only had one on one of many powerplays. Luckily it was enough, 1-0 was the score.

You're right on both counts. For Hakametsä I only used the number of seats without the standing room capacity or suites.
And it should have been posted in the general discussion thread, where they were already talking about attendance figures, not in the game day discussion thread.
My apologies.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
M It seems that only a one Liiga team could reach the K.O.-Stage. Tappara!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad