Champions Hockey League 2022/2023

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Any news about Luleås lineup yet?

As for the game, Im pretty excited. Too bad I cant see it from anywhere. Will be a tough one for sure. Go Tappara!

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Any news about Luleås lineup yet?

As for the game, Im pretty excited. Too bad I cant see it from anywhere. Will be a tough one for sure. Go Tappara!

They’re yet to announce today’s lineup. As I mentioned in my previous post, Oscar Engsund is suspended but Julius Honka should return for today’s game.

I failed to mention that the team just signed center Niklas Olausson, who reportedly trained with the team yesterday, however it’s not clear whether he’ll play today. Olausson has long prior history with Luleå but wasn’t extended following the 2020-21 season. He’s an intelligent two-way forward but always somewhat of a sluggish skater, which certainly hasn’t improved with age. He was still a good playmaker, an alright shooter, a very strong faceoff man and an allround useful player, not the least on set pieces, such as defending in his own zone and on the PP. Signing him now and not waiting until next season is likely due to insurance for the playoff push, in particular for Mario Kempe not panning out/struggling with injuries. Olausson’s piled up points in lower tier leagues since his last stint so hopefully some of that carries over so that he can pitch in and help improve our woeful offense, but the main thing is he knows the system and could lead by example.

Reactions: Lartsaman

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
My guess for lineup:

Brännström - Connolly - Emanuelsson
Komarek - Fröberg - Shinnimin
Sallinen - Tyrväinen- Komarov
Mattsson - Berglund - Rask
Olausson

Andersson - Gustafsson
Sellgren - Honka
Pyrochta - Själin

Ward
Lassinantti

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Tappara impresses! Plays with lots of energy, optimistic hockey.

Room for improvement for Luleå, however, I hope we’ll make a competitive game out of this. We’re bad, but not this bad!

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Not THAT big of surprise even though there was this latvian or estonian guy trying to convince us that some swiss team is the favorite. IMO fair to say that ATM Tappara is the best club team outside of NHL.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Tappara a go go!

CHL-champions.

Way to go!

And believie it or not world; around over 1000(!) Tappara-fans from Tampere in the middle o' Finland travelled all the way up way north (Luleå) of Sweden.

Total respect.

And yes, yes; we heard ya Tappara-fans - and that a lot!

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Liiga best league in europe
Yes.

Tappara outplayed Luleå most of the game - then Luleå tried some trix time to escape (Sweden) again with golies away and that a lot. But nope.

Both Tappara and their travelling with a 1000-fans around or so from Tampere outplayed Luleå on their home turf - and that big time.

Way, way to go Finland ... coz now Finland have won:

No more and no remember no less:

Champions Hockey League and World Championschips and the Olympics and NHL Stanley Cup lex Lehkonen!

Canada ... just come on!

Reactions: Jussi and Lambo

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Not a shock, Tappara is the best team in Europe. But from second to fifth we see only Swedish teams. Swiss teams are far behind in terms of top teams.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Yes.

Tappara outplayed Luleå most of the game - then Luleå tried some trix time to escape (Sweden) again with golies away and that a lot. But nope.

Both Tappara and their travelling with a 1000-fans around or so from Tampere outplayed Luleå on their home turf - and that big time.

Champions Hockey League and World Championschips and the Olympics and NHL Stanley Cup lex Lehkonen!

Canada ... just come on!
There are now 2 tasks that Finnish ice hockey will have to check off in the notebook in the next few years. 1. Finally defending a world title (almost succeeded in 2021). 2. Winning a best on best tournament (unfortunately it depends on the whims from overseas when such a tournament takes place again). ;)

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Congratulations Tappara!

Well deserved win, they came out swinging immediately and we were lucky not being further behind after the first period. I’m glad we showed some determination and made it exciting in the end, Heljanko got to make some eye catching saves to close out their victory.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
will be interesting how next years league looks with the changes
Me thinx it was hunkydory and exiting to almost who won it to ... all the way to well .. hell.

Believie it or not; but I followed this tournament live away with my son and friends just for the fun of it - when our local team HV71(JKPG) was down at Europa at places like Bratislava and the lot. And fly-tickets were real cheap pre-corona.

HV71 our local heroes are down, down and were on the dole.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Me thinx it was hunkydory and exiting to almost who won it to ... all the way to well .. hell.

Believie it or not; but I followed this tournament live away with my son and friends just for the fun of it - when our local team HV71(JKPG) was down at Europa at places like Bratislava and the lot. And fly-tickets were real cheap pre-corona.

HV71 our local heros are down, down and were on the dole.
I am a Cardiff Devils fans and going on the yearly CHL road trip was fun. Looks like either Belfast or Gilford will the ones with the chance to play next season

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes.

Both Tappara and their travelling with a 1000-fans around or so from Tampere outplayed Luleå on their home turf - and that big time. And the fans on it.

Canada ... just come on!
Can you read my lips Canada: no, of course you can't you (Canada).

Just Finland/Funland can't understand the power hockey we stand on.

Finland is the best.

Finland are the real powerhouse of hockey nowadays until the day chickenshite heads of the NHL prove us way wrong.

With their own tournament ...

Last edited:

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Interesting statement to be made in this very day. Hard to back that one up with facts though.
1676756378011.png

Try this at NHL ...

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad