Champions Hockey League 2022/2023

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Whoever made the call for coaches challenge looks like a real duns now.
It didn't matter though. New rules for this CHL season is that minor penalties are served the full 2 minutes unless the penalty kill scores and the 1st coach's challenge doesn't have any consequences.

Reactions: Slimmy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
GS working very very hard.

It didn't matter though. New rules for this CHL season is that minor penalties are served the full 2 minutes unless the penalty kill scores and the 1st coach's challenge doesn't have any consequences.
ah - I didn't realize. I don't see the NHL ever going to that.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
That explains a lot. If it doesn't cost you anything, might as well challenge. At least you get a convenient break. Didnt help SAIK though.

Really intense game now after the 3-2 goal.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
not that it's important compared to the other titles he got but is there another triple gold club member besides Filppula that won the CHL?

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
not that it's important compared to the other titles he got but is there another triple gold club member besides Filppula that won the CHL?

Not the CHL per se, but there are several players who’ve won earlier iterations of the “best club team in Europe”-format. I’m not sure, but I believe every Russian/Soviet member except Datsyuk might have won the old European Cup, and also Swede Mats Näslund.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
The worlds best PP by % is on the PP down by 1... 3:16 to play. vs Europe's best PK
Special teams was the deciding factor. Even if the "best PP in the world" against the "best PK in the world" was tounge in cheek, it turned into a great storyline.

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
What is the story behind that handicapped person? Got the gold medal and celebrated with the team on the ice, nice moment.
It is one of their hardcore supporters, Eric Grassien. They refused to take their photo after winning the championship last year until he was present on the ice and moved the photo away from the provided platform as it was not accessible for him.

Grassien has more of a sad story to himself, as he was an orphan and has spent his childhood in several different countries before he came to Geneva, where he fell in love with hockey. He was hit by a speeding car in 1989 and needs a wheelchair since the incident. He then lost his wife and kids to an extended suicide.

According to him, hockey and the team of Genève-Servette has helped him through the tough times and he has befriended several of the players and staff of the team.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Not the CHL per se, but there are several players who’ve won earlier iterations of the “best club team in Europe”-format. I’m not sure, but I believe every Russian/Soviet member except Datsyuk might have won the old European Cup, and also Swede Mats Näslund.

Jagr too, he won the "Super Six" during 2004-05 lockout.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
It is one of their hardcore supporters, Eric Grassien. They refused to take their photo after winning the championship last year until he was present on the ice and moved the photo away from the provided platform as it was not accessible for him.

Grassien has more of a sad story to himself, as he was an orphan and has spent his childhood in several different countries before he came to Geneva, where he fell in love with hockey. He was hit by a speeding car in 1989 and needs a wheelchair since the incident. He then lost his wife and kids to an extended suicide.

According to him, hockey and the team of Genève-Servette has helped him through the tough times and he has befriended several of the players and staff of the team.

Great from the players! Life can be a b****... Happy for him that the team he loves get success! It's a really nice win for swiss hockey in general.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad