Czech Republic​

Denmark​

Finland​

France​

Germany​

Norway​

Poland​

Slovakia​

• Slovan Bratislava (National Champions)

Slovenia​

Sweden​

Switzerland​

Why does Austrian league have 4 teams? Why does Slovakian league only have 1 team?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It doesn't.

Because the league ranking (which is based on the performances of clubs of that league in the CHL) is rather poor.
Ljubana plays in the austria league aswell.

Slovakian teams cant have done worse than Polish teams. The slovakian league is much stronger than poland league.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I can't see through this ranking. The performances in the group stage seem to have more value than in the knockout stages. Strange!

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia

Slovakian teams cant have done worse than Polish teams. The slovakian league is much stronger than poland league.
Slovak teams also skipped a season or two by refusing to play in CHL due to financial reasons of it not being worth it at that time.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki

Didn't notice that since you listed all the other ICEHL teams under Austria, including the Hungarian Fehérvár AV19.

Slovak teams haven't done worse than Polish teams, but one of the Polish teams qualified through Continental Cup.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Does slovak teams still have financial problems?
Well they aren't rich, they are mostly trying to break even, and CHL really was a lossful endeavor for them, the incentives just weren't there. Maybe that might change with Slovan, but the team would have to get through a round or two of the knockout stages.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
It doesn't.

Because the league ranking (which is based on the performances of clubs of that league in the CHL) is rather poor.
Because they have almost no national coefficient. Poland has 65 points in the ranking, Slovakia 40. These points were valid for use in the season 2021/2022. Slovak clubs refused to play this competition, so they could not improve their coefficient for deployment.

The coefficient is made based on the results of all teams in the league in the season. The winning team scores three points for winning in the 60th minute, the opponent does nothing. If the match goes into overtime, the winning team has two points, the losing team one. There is one bonus point for each playoff promotion. At the end of the season, all points of all teams in the league are counted. And these points are then divided by the number of all matches that teams from the league have played. The last thing is this:

The average for the last four seasons is made this way. 2021/2022 = 100% point value, 2020/2021 = 75% point value, 2019/2020 = 50% point value, 2018/2019 = 25% point value.

Perhaps I explained it clearly enough. In October 2021, the coefficient looked like this:

1, SHL - 245 points
2, NL - 226 points
3, ICEHL - 217 points
4, DEL - 212 points
5, Liiga - 206 points
6, Extraliga - 191 points

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
You missed Great Britain - Belfast Giants off your list of qualified teams

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
FTnFIliUUAEVDZn

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
He spams every single thread with this ridiculous anti-Swe trolling, my best guess is that he does it with the intention that we praise them as a reaction.

The biggest problem is: he created some of the threads so they disappear if you use the ignore function like I tried already.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He spams every single thread with this ridiculous anti-Swe trolling, my best guess is that he does it with the intention that we praise them as a reaction.

The biggest problem is: he created some of the threads so they disappear if you use the ignore function like I tried already.
If someone say Czechia is not top 6 that person is not called for being anti-czech. Its absurd that im not allowed to have my opinions without getting made fun of, ignored, bashed etc. Im one of the few sane persons on this forum. And no im not spamming every single thread about Sweden, thats a overact from your side.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Dude, I can still understand some perverse ways if you write bad things about Tre Kronor. But why are you dishonoring SHL clubs? Both Rögle and Färjestad will advance from the group, even if they play nine forwards and three defensive pairs.

Reactions: Puck Dogg

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
We're "bashing" you because you are only here for spamming.
It would be quite fun if you could actually discuss about something for once. I love seeing others opinions and active posters here. But you're even using this thread here just to troll the SHL.
You say Sweden will probably be relegated. Then you insist Danmark is far better than Sweden and Cracovia+Katowice will advance over Farjestad and Rögle.
That's where it all ends with "unpopular opinions" and it is getting just stupid and embarrassing pretty fast..

it is getting annoying for everyone here.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
It would be quite fun if you could actually discuss about something for once. I love seeing others opinions and active posters here. But you're even using this thread here just to troll the SHL.
You say Sweden will probably be relegated. Then you insist Danmark is far better than Sweden and Cracovia+Katowice will advance over Farjestad and Rögle.
That's where it all ends with "unpopular opinions" and it is getting just stupid and embarrassing pretty fast..

Im having fun, when it's just occassional.

Why so serious?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

That's true and that's what makes your bonehead trolling so unfortunate.

Im not spamming. Im writing ontopic stuff. But sure, if you guys are so sensitive i will stop with sweden stuff. Lets shake hands and start over. And remove me from the ignore list, because i will keep making threads. Lets act like adults here.

Now lets talk about CHL. I think it will be the best so far with many players leaving KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad