Champions Hockey League 2019-20

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
They would probably lose to the top 7 or so, but they would beat most Liiga or NLA teams.
Statistics says otherwise! And why Adler and München beat Top swedish teams in least 3 Years?

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Statistics says otherwise! And why Adler and München beat Top swedish teams in least 3 Years?
Last time I checked this tournament has been won only by swedish and finnish clubs so hold your pride until that changes mm'kay?

Mixed start for every country in the first rounds. I don't like the reaction of "we lost, we shouldnt even play in this" . C'mon it's only good for this competition if swedish and finnish teams lose to teams from smaller leagues. Especially for swedes it should make them appreciate the tournament more. From my understanding part of the reason for low attendance numbers is becose of lack of competitive opponents.

Reactions: AB13

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Have some faith, Germany and the UK remain unbeaten still.
Oh yeah, so it seems. Belfast vs. Cardif for the finals :popcorn:Well surprising struggles for finns, swiss and swedes so far. But its early.

Some decent attendance figures everywhere else but "drums" Sweden. Minsk had some 1000 spectators, dunno if thats reltively good or bad for them. 3600 in Lahti and 4300 in Oulu. Those are very good numbers. I think anywhere closer to 4k than 3k in the whole league as an average is plenty fine as its not much less than the finnish league has as an average. Ofcourse we have some small arenas in many places (4-5k maximum capacity) and finns are lazy and tend to preferto watch the games via TV.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Okay! SHL vs DEL 15 won 2 remis 11 lost

Last 3 Years SHL vs DEL 6 won 2 remis 8 lost

Sorry maybe not exactly. I ve done a fast overview.
Thanks for that. Interesting stats and surprising to me. DEL teams are known to be physical. Combine that with Swedish teams trying to coast through the tourney and it might explain these numbers.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Thanks for that. Interesting stats and surprising to me. DEL teams are known to be physical. Combine that with Swedish teams trying to coast through the tourney and it might explain these numbers.
Meh, really dislike this attitude. Very toxic, kindergarden stuff. "If you win we didn't even care and are still better". It's like you dont even give the german side a chance to prove them selfs. Glad the actual athletes are smarter and would never say something like that.

Reactions: Pardus

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
CHL strikes again. Swedish teams should just leave this ****show

Me too, although Djurgården doesn't focus on the CHL and doesn't play the strongest team.

That is really absurd if a team does not skate its strongest roster.

Since that is a reality, even Bauman said that CHL champ is not the best club in Europe. Finally, he said the truth.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Swedish teams have won this tournament almost every year and German teams have never. That says even more considering SHL teams really don’t care that much about the CHL.

rooster85

Feb 29, 2012
That is really absurd if a team does not skate its strongest roster.

Since that is a reality, even Bauman said that CHL champ is not the best club in Europe. Finally, he said the truth.

In some cases surely you can say that about any "champions league" tournament. Liverpool won CL, but still Manchester City beat them in Premier League.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
What happened?

Some scrub couldn't take that Haga made him look like a fool and decided to shove him head first into the boards. Haga ended up being okay though. The Polish team did get 3x2+2 penalties though so it got a little out of hand for a while, but I have seen worse :laugh:

That's what I don't like. This tournament doesn't have the prestige yet to make possible injuris worth it. Way more cheap shots than in the SHL

Last edited:
Reactions: Slimmy

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
In some cases surely you can say that about any "champions league" tournament. Liverpool won CL, but still Manchester City beat them in Premier League.
I would agree with you if UEFA Champions League would be without Premier League´s clubs.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why did Frolunda lose to Graz yesterday? Hmm? Is it because Graz is so good or is it because Frolunda doesn't give a single f? I will let you decide.

CHL is definitely better than the usual pre-season games but the little teams from Poland, GB or Belarus are obviously out there to prove something so the game gets chippier. Severe fines for guys who cross the line should solve the problem.

Reactions: Slimmy

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Swedish teams have won this tournament almost every year and German teams have never. That says even more considering SHL teams really don’t care that much about the CHL.
Yes this wasn t the issue. Fact is that swedish teams has since 3 Years big problems with DEL-Teams. Much teams don t really care CHL.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yes this wasn t the issue. Fact is that swedish teams has since 3 Years big problems with DEL-Teams. Much teams don t really care CHL.
If Swedish teams win the tournament every year and DEL teams don’t I wouldn’t call losing a group stage game a “problem”

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Ambri-Piotta had literally nothing in the first period but they managed to score on PP right after faceoff. Should be an easy win for us. But as always you have to be aware of turnovers when you meet Swiss teams.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Why did Frolunda lose to Graz yesterday? Hmm? Is it because Graz is so good or is it because Frolunda doesn't give a single f? I will let you decide.

CHL is definitely better than the usual pre-season games but the little teams from Poland, GB or Belarus are obviously out there to prove something so the game gets chippier. Severe fines for guys who cross the line should solve the problem.

Good teams lose to worse teams in hockey sometimes. It's that simple.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
If Swedish teams win the tournament every year and DEL teams don’t I wouldn’t call losing a group stage game a “problem”
But anyway Malmö failed to Munich last Season in K.O. Stage and 15/16 the big Frölunda with extremly much luck vs Ingolstadt in K.O. Not bad for a Beerleague like DEL. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad