Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Good stuff from Heponiemi-Kupari-Pyörälä line for Kärpät.
- lots and lots to improve though, it was only first real game

Its obvious that Heponiemi&Kupari will have fun times this season, Sm-Liiga, CHL and...for Team Finland as well.
Heponiemi-Kupari-Kakko line for both u20 wjc and for wc?.

The reaction of the Rouen goalie after the second Karpat goal was pretty hilarious. It was like "Ya, ok, I don't see shots like that in the French league". :)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Just watched a couple of minutes of the Bolzano-Skelleftea game. First of all it's tied at 2 midway through the second. Secondly, the atmosphere in the arena is phenomenal.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The Swiss teams have been on ice for what, 10 days?

As for DIF, no kids are dressed tonight.

Absolutely sad ... regretfuly ... a bit true. Bern had a tournament on the 21st august .... they lost all games ... and the oponents where second league neighbors + Bienne, a 3rd tier NLA team.

But hey are doing some efforts now !!

Some years ago ... you would have Bern, undoublty one of the top 10 or 15 EURO teams that would loose it's first game 6-0 against Trinec ... . Not to bash Trinec ... But Berne simply didn't have a game before !! not 1 single game against a 2 or 3rd league neighbor !!!

But they promised their fans they would make efforts.

The fact is that CHL started as a way to prepare for the season !! and so they used it as such. Ariving and being hammered in the frist 2 games. Today they do much better in the first games. Proof they have changed. Thanks God.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
the Zug/Berlin game is crazy, the refs are awful and Berlin fans are going crazy. 3-3 after 2

Berlin fans are going crazy because their team is commiting faul on faul ... and it is taking it's toll. !!
Refs aren't that bad IMO.

The public, like most of the time, are being a bit biased and do not understand penalties against their team. They are also a bit frustrated. 3-3 but shots are like double in favor of Zoug. (penalties help as well in this of course)

In all honesty. I ve been watching this game.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I have to say there was a lot of diving going on in the Zug/Berlin game, both team should be a little embarrassed by that. But other than that i really enjoy watching that game. Zug won 5-3 after being down 3-1.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Berlin fans are going crazy because their team is commiting faul on faul ... and it is taking it's toll. !!
Refs aren't that bad IMO.

The public, like most of the time, are being a bit biased and do not understand penalties against their team. They are also a bit frustrated. 3-3 but shots are like double in favor of Zoug. (penalties help as well in this of course)

In all honesty. I ve been watching this game.

Surprising intensity.

Berlin plays the man very aggressive, heavy forechecking, trying to install their advantage in physicality. And so, suppressing Zug's advantage in skill. It did work partly, but they take a lot of risk in one-on-one battles. as soon as the timing isn't perfect, they get a call... and rightfully so. They play like a Del Curto team.

Pretty funny was the 3rd goal for Zug. Between the bully and the goal there were 4 penaltyworthy scenes. The doublecheck on Martschini, the swinger to the upper body/head of Klingberg, his retaliation, and then finally him being wrestled down in the crease, which got a call:laugh:

Reactions: torero

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Wow, is Tappara playing all their regulars?

No idea who Tappara's regulars are. I can say if it wasn't for Thoreson and an incredible goaltending performance, Tappara would have won easily. Thoreson scores three in the SO, and Storhamar win 3-2.

Bolzano and Skelleftea are in OT tied at 3.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
No idea who Tappara's regulars are. I can say if it wasn't for Thoreson and an incredible goaltending performance, Tappara would have won easily. Thoreson scores three in the SO, and Storhamar win 3-2.

Bolzano and Skelleftea are in OT tied at 3.
Yeah that Thoreson guy has some sweet hands :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just watched a couple of minutes of the Bolzano-Skelleftea game. First of all it's tied at 2 midway through the second. Secondly, the atmosphere in the arena is phenomenal.
Yeah, Bolzano is my favorite team to watch in the EBEL, I'm thrilled they are doing as well as they are ever since they got into the league. That club is pretty special.

Reactions: adamnowek

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah that Thoreson guy has some sweet hands :)
To be honest, Storhamar isn't that bad. Their top line is an Allsvenskan scorer - solid SHL player - Thoresen who needs no introduction. With a roster like that they would probably survive in Liiga. And yes, Tappara was playing their regulars.

Their goalie this game wass 40 y.o. Backstrom so no wonder he isn't the greatest.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Yeah, Bolzano is my favorite team to watch in the EBEL, I'm thrilled they are doing as well as they are ever since they got into the league. That club is pretty special.

They are going to the SO against Skelleftea, which is cool cuz I hate Skelleftea (Frolunda is my favourite team in the SHL). However, I ain't no Bolzano fan. My team in the EBEL is Salzburg, and RBS has played Bolzano twice in the EBEL finals and lost to them both times.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Wow! Bolzano score the only goal in the SO and beat Skelleftea 4-3. Based on Sound and Fury's assessment of Storhamar's team, I'd have to say that this was the biggest upset in the opening 2 days.

Reactions: adamnowek

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Aalborg drawing at Zurich was the biggest but obviously big teams are in "whatever man" mode. Skelleftea gave up a ton of breakaways today even if SOG were 20-46 in their favor.

rizka

May 7, 2016
Wow, is Tappara playing all their regulars?
Yep, we had all players healthy and playing. The goalie may be an exception: the ex-Wild Niklas Bäckström is supposed to be the back-up this season even though he was in the net tonight.

Storhamar just played a nice game. They fought hard on defence and capitalized their chances. Their goalie was amazing, too. That happens sometimes.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This season has started with few upsets already, good stuff. Other countries, leagues, teams are catching the usual suspects.
Not sure about the amount foreign players in their teams but....nevertheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad