Chabot vs. Rielly

Who would you build your D around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Lol. Imagine being this blinded. It’s ok to give into reality once in a while.

He leads all d-men in goals, points, PPG, leads all NON-Leafs d-men in +/-, and his team is at the top of the standings with the best goal differential.

Never mind being the front runner. He’d 100% win today, with unanimous vote!

The Patriots play in the Super Bowl.
You, my friend, dominate the hyperbole.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Absolutely love what im seeing from Rielly at both ends of the ice. However when you consider their development curves, one would have to think Chabot will surpass Rielly once he is 24/25. Voted Chabot on the premise of the thread (building for future). Immediate is obviously Rielly.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There will be problems with digital systems causing a scare similar to Y2K
Uhhh Harrison its quite clear that you are familiar with 2038 as thats when Melnyk will potentially be moving on from the Sens (at the earliest) as i recall you saying. I dont like these mixed messages.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Uhhh Harrison its quite clear that you are familiar with 2038 as thats when Melnyk will potentially be moving on from the Sens (at the earliest) as i recall you saying. I dont like these mixed messages.
Read up on the year 2038 problem man. It’s a real thing. The binary storage of the time in these digital systems basically gets reset to 0

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
This poll aside, I am pleasantly surprised at how well Chabot's two-way game has developed.

While he may not have the all-world hands that Karlsson has/had, he's certainly better defensively at the same age, and better on the powerplay.

The Sens PP looks like a whole different beast this year with Chabot running the show (without looking at the percentages).

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Lmao, that's all you got on me. What happened to your brutal allegations that you made against me? Nada. Keep it moving' kiddo.

I was totally going to go digging to find it, but then I just continued living my life. I’ve got a full time job bro, next time I spend more than 10 minutes a week on hfboards I’ll use that time to find it. You have my word

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I was totally going to go digging to find it, but then I just continued living my life. I’ve got a full time job bro, next time I spend more than 10 minutes a week on hfboards I’ll use that time to find it. You have my word

2183390c33417d017eaed6a53d80fb64.gif

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This poll aside, I am pleasantly surprised at how well Chabot's two-way game has developed.

While he may not have the all-world hands that Karlsson has/had, he's certainly better defensively at the same age, and better on the powerplay.

The Sens PP looks like a whole different beast this year with Chabot running the show (without looking at the percentages).

Where is this alleged two-way game? Chabot is utter garbage defensively at this point. He may be as good as Rielly one day in the defensive end, but he's not even as good as Dermott defensively as it stands now.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You know what's not extra? The dollars melynk is willing to spend, thus forever screwing your team over. Have fun.

Lol what are you talking about? This is chabot vs rielly.

Are you telling me that you're so extra that you felt hurt with he current subject matter, and changed subjects to try and insult others? That's so extra dude lol come on. Quit being so extra.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

lmaoooo this is so lame

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Where is this alleged two-way game? Chabot is utter garbage defensively at this point. He may be as good as Rielly one day in the defensive end, but he's not even as good as Dermott defensively as it stands now.

LOL.

Why are you comparing a bottom-pairing defenceman with a #1 defenceman?

Dermott is so utterly irrelevant to this discussion it's not funny. He's as sheltered as it gets, well pretty much as much as Rielly was until recently.

Putting up Toronto's garbage spare part against a guy whose actually producing among the top 5 defencemen in the NHL is pretty hilarious, even for you.

I might as well start comparing Tom Pyatt with Mitch Marner because he makes the latter look like a pylon on the defensive side of the game.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
LOL.

Why are you comparing a bottom-pairing defenceman with a #1 defenceman?

Dermott is so utterly irrelevant to this discussion it's not funny. He's as sheltered as it gets, well pretty much as much as Rielly was until recently.

Putting up Toronto's garbage spare part against a guy whose actually producing among the top 5 defencemen in the NHL is pretty hilarious, even for you.

I might as well start comparing Tom Pyatt with Mitch Marner because he makes the latter look like a pylon on the defensive side of the game.
lol. When was this, as a rookie? also Chabot faces closer QoC to Dermott than Rielly. Pretty hilarious to call Dermott a garbage spare part too

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lol. When was this, as a rookie? also Chabot faces closer QoC to Dermott than Rielly.

LOL.

Do you even check the stats before you spout off?

Rielly's CF% QoC: 49.95
Chabot's CF% QoC: 50.91
Dermott's CF% QOC: 48.78

As a matter of fact, Rielly faces closer QoC to Dermott than Chabot does, and is almost the same distance from Dermott as he is from Chabot.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
LOL.

Do you even check the stats before you spout off?

Rielly's CF% QoC: 49.95
Chabot's CF% QoC: 50.91
Dermott's CF% QOC: 48.78

As a matter of fact, Rielly faces closer QoC to Dermott than Chabot.
yeah, it's better to look at toi QoC
Rielly: 29.88
Chabot: 28.42
Dermott: 28.07

if you go by CF%, then you're basically saying Dermott is a tougher opponent than Chabot because he has a better corsi. Really the ideal thing to use is game score, but I don't have access to that

Reactions: Kelly

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
yeah, it's better to look at toi QoC
Rielly: 29.88
Chabot: 28.42
Dermott: 28.07

I don't think so.

If you go by ToI, you're just going by whoever the other team throws out there the most - for good or bad.

if you go by CF%, then you're basically saying Dermott is a tougher opponent than Chabot because he has a better corsi. Really the ideal thing to use is game score, but I don't have access to that

LOL, all of a sudden Corsi doesn't matter as a possession proxy.

After all the crowing about Leaf numbers.

That's rich.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't think so.

If you go by ToI, you're just going by whoever the other team throws out there the most - for good or bad.

LOL, all of a sudden Corsi doesn't matter as a possession proxy.

That's rich.
it's pretty easy to go by the idea that the best players play more. Yeah some coaches do weird things like Babcock plays Hyman a ton, but I think that's evened out by factoring in the decisions made by 30 other coaches. The problem with cf% is that there are tons of examples of 3rd and 4th liners and 2nd and 3rd pair defensemen who feast on weak competition and have better corsi than better players who face tougher competition. If you want to argue that opponents with highest cf% are the best, then why not admit Dermott is better than Chabot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad