Chabot vs. Rielly

Who would you build your D around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Chabot and Rielly.

You need to pick one guy to build your D around.

We are seeing Rielly thrive. We've seen Chabot dominate the world juniors and become the first dman to win the tournament MVP.

Both have played 15 games this year.
Rielly 18 points. Chabot 20 points.

Who you got?

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I guess so but some gambles are worth it.

I think its a pretty sure thing he is going to be a stud.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Is it really a gamble though?

C'mon, buddy - if you only watched the Sens and didn't know anything about Reilly beyond his name a vague idea of his stats, you'd probably feel the same way.

I can understand taking Reilly, but Chabot is not a gamble lol

Reactions: bert

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Leafs fans can attest that I was Rielly's biggest supporter when he was underrated

I would go with Chabot for the future

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Thomas Chabot

AwardYear
QMJHL
CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game2015[17]
Second All-Star Team2016
First All-Star Team2017
Emile Bouchard Trophy2017
Paul Dumont Trophy2017
Guy Lafleur Trophy2017[18]
International
WJC MVP2017[2]
WJC Best Defenseman2017
WJC All-Star Team2017
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Morgan Rielly

AwardYear
World U-17 Hockey Challenge Bronze Medal2011[29]
IIHF World Championships Gold Medal2016
IIHF World Championships All-Star Team2016[30
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not to take anything away from Morgan. He is a good dude and a good hockey player but ive seen him play a lot in person and on TV and he is not a "generational type player."

Chabot has a much higher ceiling. He is a special talent and weve seen special in Karlsson.

I think the bigger gamble would be to short Chabots stock.

Reactions: Flamesss

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Chabot is better than Rielly was at Chabots age.

Chabot is better than Keith was at Chabots age

Chabot is almost as good as Karlsson was at Chabots age.

Karlsson at 21 won the Norris and outscored the next closed Dman by 25 points. If you only counted his even strength points that year he still would have led Dmen in points.

I don't think he is close to but but we shall see. He is definitely a step ahead defensively than EK was but Karlsson was starting to also thrive on D at 21. He would steal the puck, lifting those sticks and skate out. So good.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Chabot is better than Rielly was at Chabots age.

Chabot is better than Keith was at Chabots age

Chabot is almost as good as Karlsson was at Chabots age.

He;s going to slow down, but as of right now his 21 yr old season has been just as impressive as Erik's 1st norris season at age 21.

Chabot is currently tied at 4th for scoring in the entire league, which is pretty bonkers all things considered.

I highly, highly doubt he can win the Norris this year, but I sure would love to see him prove me wrong too.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Karlsson at 21 won the Norris and outscored the next closed Dman by 25 points. If you only counted his even strength points that year he still would have led Dmen in points.

I don't think he is close to but but we shall see. He is definitely a step ahead defensively than EK was but Karlsson was starting to also thrive on D at 21. He would steal the puck, lifting those sticks and skate out. So good.
Its honestly an unfair comparison given how unreal Karlsson was during his unfortunately short prime but I couldn't be happier for Sens fans that Chabot is turning out to be such a player.

Reactions: jehkob

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Man, these wack sens fans are something else. Morgan easily. Chabot has been great so far. Lol, apparently Chabot is generational. Ek leaves and you instantly have his replacement. How awesome for sens fans.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Man, these wack sens fans are something else. Morgan easily. Chabot has been great so far. Lol, apparently Chabot is generational. Ek leaves and you instantly have his replacement. How awesome for sens fans.

Have you looked at his accomplishments? Are you saying its impossible for a team to have back to back generational talents in a sport?

I mean the Pens had Crosby and Malkin...

The packers went from Favre to Rodgers.

Its kind crazy and unfair sometimes but its not that crazy.

Karlsson and Chabot are different talents but that doesn't mean that they both can't be great.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Chabot easily. I’m building a team, I am taking the younger player who has played better than the other at his age

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Just look at how he played against the Leafs.

He's a beast. No disrespect to Rielly but Rielly doenst even have skating or size.

Chabot looks like a guy that will be on the top pairing on team Canada Defences one day.

Morgan does not have that kind of talent. If he was I'd be worried for our defence.

Reactions: 1dreamof1cup

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I remember they ran this poll like a week in the season and Leaf fans were acting like it was a ridiculous question.

I answered Chabot then. I'm sticking with my answer going forward. He's already better than Rielly and he's 21.

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

He's a beast. No disrespect to Rielly but Rielly doenst even have skating or size.

Chabot looks like a guy that will be on the top pairing on team Canada Defences one day.

Morgan does not have that kind of talent. If he was I'd be worried for our defence.
do you have him confused with someone else?

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto

Uhhh...?

He skates like the wind and is 6'1" 220.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad