• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ofc

Chabot is confused as one because he has size if though he's terrible in his own zone as well.

Lmao, what a terrible statement. Whiffing on a puck =/= defensively inept. Chabot when he's off he's off-last night was one of his worst games. But he's a solid 2 way defender. No need for terrible reactionary takes, kid.

When Chabot was a prospect, his projection into the league as a comparable was Bouwmeester because of his strong defensive acumen and 2 way game. He was not the only defender in WJC history to win MVP as a D just for his offensive contributions. Or winning best D in entire CHL (playing I believe record low 34 regular season games).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Not sure you can really go wrong here. I would probably go with Chabot for his all around game. But Hughes if my team needed an offensive D.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Chabot is the only top 4 defneseman on that team. Trying to do too much, playing too many minutes.

The Senators need to get him some help

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This thread is one of the funniest shit I’ve seen on the internet. You have neutral fans chiming in, then you have rival fan base of the Vancouver Canucks also chiming in, speaking against how they really feel, just to take jab at the Vancouver Canucks, with the same users who dumped on Canuck players in previous threads , absolutely hilarious, keep this thread open actually.please. Don’t lock.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Chabot is the more complete player.
While that may have been the case pre-contract, this year and even last season I haven’t seen that stud defensive game consistently. His mental gaffs have regularly eroded what usually is solid defensive play from what I’ve seen

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
While that may have been the case pre-contract, this year and even last season I haven’t seen that stud defensive game consistently. His mental gaffs have regularly eroded what usually is solid defensive play from what I’ve seen
I’ll admit I follow NYR primarily, which means I’m working from a small sample size, so I’ll defer to you on this one. :)

CrushablePilsner

Jan 23, 2021
Ottawa
This is a silly thread. You are comparing two players at entirely different points in their careers. Both players are also in completely different situations. It is impossible to conclude which is "better" and recency bias isn't helping anything.

I am a sens fan and Chabot is one of the only current bright spots on the team even though he hasnt had a great start. Hughes' numbers speak for themselves and he is an electric defenseman.

I think if you prefer one player over the other that is great , however you are a fool if you think the other is far behind...

edit: spelling

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd like to see them when each player has a stable partner

Hughes is playing with Tyler Myers most of the year, and his Xgf jumps from 1.76 to 4.03, and GF% from 14 to 61 when he is away from that sack of wrenches.

Ottawa probably envisions Chabot with JBD out of North Dakota, but he is playing with gudbranson and zaitsev primarily at the moment.
Vancouver can tell you about Gudbranson

revolving door with each right now

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It's easy when you're playing 4th forward to a good offense. With that being said, Hughes was solid defensively tonight. But in other games, my God, lol.

Where's that .gif of Hughes tumbling down from a head fake by a 4th liner.
I am not expecting Quinn hughes to be roman Josi Defensively.
He is a pure Offensive D-man, and he is special when it comes to skating.

Chabot is a very good player, But he does not have Series changing ability like Quinn does.

dedutchhockey

Dec 30, 2020
Hughes is what Branstrom was supposed to be.

Chabot is what Juolevi was supposed to be.

both will be cornerstones for their franchise.

I feel bad for Chabot though that he is developing in a losing culture. That can limit his potential. Sens can’t just tank completely, they need to insulate him some help and talent in back end.

Hughes has been lucky enough to have had Tanev his 1st year and is surrounded by very offensive players to compliment his style. He has also gotten a taste of playoffs and meaningful games. This will definitely help him more in the long run in terms of development vs Chabot

Reactions: lawrence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad