Prospect Info: Chabot - potential

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It almost makes one wonder if the poster has an agenda and a conflict of interest posting about management's moves

EDIT: he's obviously affiliated with management

Why is this "obvious"?

I'm not, and just wonder why you think it is.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Why is this "obvious"?

I'm not, and just wonder why you think it is.
51-FtUSVoTL._SY445_.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Thomas Chabot has the potential to be an elite defenceman in the NHL, whether he gets there or not remains to be seen & only time itself will tell & of course, if he can minimize injuries during this journey.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
The good thing about Chabot sounds he doesn’t have to be better to be an elite defenseman, he just has to maintain the level he’s playing at, which I think he will. I’m not talking about continuing to go PPG+, more just continuing to be a two way force like he has pretty much every game so far this year.

I’ve watched a lot of hockey this year and so far he has been the best defenseman I’ve watched from any team.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The good thing about Chabot sounds he doesn’t have to be better to be an elite defenseman, he just has to maintain the level he’s playing at, which I think he will. I’m not talking about continuing to go PPG+, more just continuing to be a two way force like he has pretty much every game so far this year.

I’ve watched a lot of hockey this year and so far he has been the best defenseman I’ve watched from any team.

...and stay healthy.

**knock on wood**

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Another 10-15lbs will do wonders along the boards.

My only concern is he looks a little gassed in the 3rd. He is playing a lot and will probably get skinnier as the season goes.

Hopefully is Jaros continues his encouraging play, as well as Lajoie then maybe they can dial him back a bit.

Poor kid looked extremely nervous in his first few shifts last game. So happy to see him persevere. A young guy thrust into a shitstorm

Reactions: topshelf15

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
By far our best D (was our 2nd/3rd best last year but left in the AHL in a year we wanted to actually win, funny enough. Another example of great coaching).

Unfortunately, he has being thrown to the wolves. He is playing phenomenally, and is probably a top 5 guy at transition in the league already. He is going to struggle on the defensive side of things playing the minutes he does against the players he does at his age.

His puck skills are that of a skilled winger, he has the size and skating teams dream of, and his hockey I.Q is off the charts. His shot has become a weapon, which is unbelievable considering I used to watch him practice in Saint John and would not even be among the top half for the Sea Dogs with regards to their shot.

I can 100% guarantee you that Chabot is loving the role he's been given, even if it's unfair. He has always loved being "THE GUY". When he isn't, he becomes that guy very soon. He did it at 17 in the Q with the Sea Dogs, then at 18 in the entire Q, then at 19 the entire CHL.

I would have a hard time finding 5 guys I'd have moving forward from the 2015 draft, which is a huge compliment with the talent from it.

McDavid
Eichel
Rantanen

Are probably the only guys I'd confidently take over him. Of course guys like Aho, Marner, Provorov, Werenski, Barzal are unbelievable as well

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
By far our best D (was our 2nd/3rd best last year but left in the AHL in a year we wanted to actually win, funny enough. Another example of great coaching).

Unfortunately, he has being thrown to the wolves. He is playing phenomenally, and is probably a top 5 guy at transition in the league already. He is going to struggle on the defensive side of things playing the minutes he does against the players he does at his age.

His puck skills are that of a skilled winger, he has the size and skating teams dream of, and his hockey I.Q is off the charts. His shot has become a weapon, which is unbelievable considering I used to watch him practice in Saint John and would not even be among the top half for the Sea Dogs with regards to their shot.

I can 100% guarantee you that Chabot is loving the role he's been given, even if it's unfair. He has always loved being "THE GUY". When he isn't, he becomes that guy very soon. He did it at 17 in the Q with the Sea Dogs, then at 18 in the entire Q, then at 19 the entire CHL.

I would have a hard time finding 5 guys I'd have moving forward from the 2015 draft, which is a huge compliment with the talent from it.

McDavid
Eichel
Rantanen

Are probably the only guys I'd confidently take over him. Of course guys like Aho, Marner, Provorov, Werenski, Barzal are unbelievable as well

Hard not to consider Barzal and Aho too, the 2015 draft might go down as the best ever. I am convinced he is the best D man from that draft but the elite forwards its producing are insanely talented.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Hard not to consider Barzal and Aho too, the 2015 draft might go down as the best ever. I am convinced he is the best D man from that draft but the elite forwards its producing are insanely talented.
Ya I agree with this, every 12 years, to me, another elite draft comes up, 2003 I remember from childhood, Perry, Stall, Fleury, Getzlaf, Vanek Suter, Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Brent burns, Kesler, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle, not in that order that was only from the 1st round, basically flip a coin get a star half of the time.

2nd round, same 2003 draft, Eriksson, Bergeron, Weber, Crawford, backes, Howard(jimmy); Pavelski in the 7th, Bufyligen in the 8th.

I went back to 1991, are these guys good players? Lindros, niedermeyer, forsberg, Kovgalev, Naslund etc.

Then 12 years back Gretzky would have went 1 in 1979 had he been drafted but he was already signed with the Oilers to a contract and that was history.

Also fun fact all of these players would have been born in the year of the Ox in the chinese calender. Strong animals, strong draft.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ya I agree with this, every 12 years, to me, another elite draft comes up, 2003 I remember from childhood, Perry, Stall, Fleury, Getzlaf, Vanek Suter, Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Brent burns, Kesler, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle, not in that order that was only from the 1st round, basically flip a coin get a star half of the time.

2nd round, same 2003 draft, Eriksson, Bergeron, Weber, Crawford, backes, Howard(jimmy); Pavelski in the 7th, Bufyligen in the 8th.

I went back to 1991, are these guys good players? Lindros, niedermeyer, forsberg, Kovgalev, Naslund etc.

Then 12 years back Gretzky would have went 1 in 1979 had he been drafted but he was already signed with the Oilers to a contract and that was history.

Also fun fact all of these players would have been born in the year of the Ox in the chinese calender. Strong animals, strong draft.

Step 1: Load up on 2027 draft picks
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

McDavid
Eichel
Rantanen

why does this board flip flop constantly about what it complains about?

Chabot was a 1st year pro that played 60+ games in the nhl last year.

it seems like every prospect.....Doesn't matter what they do....it was the wrong decision

for the record I thought Chabot should have been here all year last year

Reactions: topshelf15

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
why does this board flip flop constantly about what it complains about?

Chabot was a 1st year pro that played 60+ games in the nhl last year.

it seems like every prospect.....Doesn't matter what they do....it was the wrong decision

for the record I thought Chabot should have been here all year last year
What are you even talking about? What have I flipped flopped on? If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

I said it was stupid when it happened, nothing has changed there. I said Brown/Chlapik/Batherson being down was the right decision.

I will call something out for being the wrong decision (Chabot, which you agree with...). Not sure what other things you are basing this off?

A team trying to win, leaving a top 3 D in the AHL is stupid. Case closed. Nothing, whatsoever, to do with "flip-flopping"

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Another 10-15lbs will do wonders along the boards.

My only concern is he looks a little gassed in the 3rd. He is playing a lot and will probably get skinnier as the season goes.

Hopefully is Jaros continues his encouraging play, as well as Lajoie then maybe they can dial him back a bit.

Poor kid looked extremely nervous in his first few shifts last game. So happy to see him persevere. A young guy thrust into a ****storm
Yeah, Jaros has been playing very well.. He shows flashes of being that big physical two way defender we have needed for many a moon

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Still very early in the career but the guy looks to be elite, wonder what the potential trade return will be when we inevitably ship him out come contract time?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Boucher's analysis on Chabot is pretty spot on. Starts around 5:10 in and goes for the rest of the video.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is it too early to call Chabot our best player, ahead of guys like stone and duchene?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What are you even talking about? What have I flipped flopped on? If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

I said it was stupid when it happened, nothing has changed there. I said Brown/Chlapik/Batherson being down was the right decision.

I will call something out for being the wrong decision (Chabot, which you agree with...). Not sure what other things you are basing this off?

A team trying to win, leaving a top 3 D in the AHL is stupid. Case closed. Nothing, whatsoever, to do with "flip-flopping"

Ok....so my apologies....I'm well aware you were on board with Chabot being up from the get go...and the flip flop coment was not directed at you personally...that wasn't my intent but I do see how you construed it that way and it was a poor choice of words on my end

i was referring to the constant it doesn't matter what the team does there's always a contingent that criticizes

my personal favorite is "I hope they do the right thing..."

so again my apologies....I do know you were consistent with your thoughts on Chabot from day one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad