Prospect Info: Chabot - potential

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Peter DeBoer does not use both EK and BB on the PP at the same time, they switch out with each other during the PP.

On Wednesday, in Toronto, he wasn’t on the ice for a single Sharks goal, but he was on the ice for three goals against, two of them with the Maple Leafs on the power play. He’s not a first-unit power-play QB, that spot, for the most part is still fellow Norris Trophy winner Brent Burns.

I know they aren't on the same PP unit. I'm saying that they could be because they would work well together.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Chabot will never be Karlsson, but honestly he's probably already better on the PP than EK was for 95% of his time in Ottawa.

It would have been nice to see EK in Boucher's system mind you. It's hard to argue it's been night and day since GB took over from Marty Raymond.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I know they aren't on the same PP unit. I'm saying that they could be because they would work well together.

Are they not? Dailyfaceoff has EK listed on both units, so I figured the Sharks just used him like we did and that he played 90% of the full 2 minutes.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Are they not? Dailyfaceoff has EK listed on both units, so I figured the Sharks just used him like we did and that he played 90% of the full 2 minutes.

Usually Burns or him start, and then they switch. It's rare that one of them starts and then halfway through the other joins.

Reactions: stempniaksen

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So is Peter DeBoer an idiot?

There's a couple of threads at the top of the Sharks board talking about whether he needs to be fired so... I think there are quite a few Sharks fans who think he's an idiot.

My guess is he's out by January and Quenneville is brought in.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To be fair GB has taken over the PP this year and it looks fantastic.

Would look even better with EK...thanks Eugene.

Or worse, as it did last yr with EK playing tons of minutes on the PP with much less success & it looks as bad in SJ with him on it. The PP looks great with Chabot though. Thanks PD.

Chabot is a top pairing defender,wish we could find a RHD to pair with him for the next 10 years......

JBD maybe or Jaros, if they want to go with a more defensive defenseman with an offensive one. Two offensive defencemen together has it's own set of problems defensively sometimes. Burns & EK are both right shots & most coaches like to keep players on their shot hand side but it's not necessarily written in stone.

I thought that would be a problem in SJ, both EK & BB are Alfa dogs used to being the man, who play the same position & now need to share ice time with the other. Elite players tend to want the most PP time & opportunities to amass pts to continue being elite & making a lot of money. They want to play with great players who aren't playing or challenging them for their position though & if they are it can become ruthless. BTW is Ek on the first or second PP unit in SJ? I will be surprised if EK re-signs in SJ.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Or worse, as it did last yr with EK playing tons of minutes on the PP with much less success & it looks as bad in SJ with him on it. The PP looks great with Chabot though. Thanks PD.

JBD maybe or Jaros, if they want to go with a more defensive defenseman with an offensive one. Two offensive defencemen together has it's own set of problems defensively sometimes. Burns & EK are both right shots & most coaches like to keep players on their shot hand side but it's not necessarily written in stone.

I thought that would be a problem in SJ, both EK & BB are Alfa dogs used to being the man, who play the same position & now need to share ice time with the other. Elite players tend to want the most PP time & opportunities to amass pts to continue being elite & making a lot of money. They want to play with great players who aren't playing or challenging them for their position though & if they are it can become ruthless. BTW is Ek on the first or second PP unit in SJ? I will be surprised if EK re-signs in SJ.
Yeah having two skilled guys on the first pairing isnt ideal,but having someone that can enhance Chabby and give the pair something that Chabot cant offer...So I agree and could see Jaros being the really only choice we have currently ,as his size and physical dimension is likely what that pair would need

Reactions: aragorn

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I can see Jaros really developing into a good partner for Chabby. Our defense prospects look not so bad all of a sudden.

In 4 years:

Chabot - Jaros
Lajoie - JBD
Wolanin - Ceci/Demelo
Tychonick

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

The Sharks PP is at 22.4%, the Sens is at 22.6%. The PP has looked just fine with EK on it.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
There's a couple of threads at the top of the Sharks board talking about whether he needs to be fired so... I think there are quite a few Sharks fans who think he's an idiot.

My guess is he's out by January and Quenneville is brought in.

His system has been figured out. From my understanding they were a great defensive team until late last November when DeBoer changed things to be more like Vegas (even though his personnel doesn't fit playing that way) and they have been bad defensively since then. Also, their offensive gameplan basically revolves around getting point shots for deflections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad