Prospect Info: Chabot - potential

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Those 7 pieces are going to be key for the rebuild.

Remember Dorion's master plan:

2i20u6.jpg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think the very effective boycott is going to prevent tight ass from paying TC. Really don't want to trade this guy.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They maintain the player's NHL rights.

The player controls if they play in the NHL. There are other options and players can refuse to play and attempt to force a trade.

Like Nylander is controlling where he's playing .......... oh wait, he can't play, unless he signs with the Leafs, or they trade him to a team that they choose, not Nylander.

Team controls if Nylander plays in the NHL, this season.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Like Nylander is controlling where he's playing .......... oh wait, he can't play, unless he signs with the Leafs, or they trade him to a team that they choose, not Nylander.

Team controls if Nylander plays in the NHL, this season.
Nylander is controlling if he plays in the NHL this season. If the Dec 1st deadline passes he will play somewhere else.

The team controls his rights. The player controls if they play in the NHL or another league.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Nylander is controlling if he plays in the NHL this season. If the Dec 1st deadline passes he will play somewhere else.

The team controls his rights. The player controls if they play in the NHL or another league.

Are you suggesting his first priority to play in another league?

Don't kid yourself, he wants to play in the NHL, and if it's not in Toronto, he'll be happy to end up wherever they trade him to.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Are you suggesting his first priority to play in another league?

Don't kid yourself, he wants to play in the NHL, and if it's not in Toronto, he'll be happy to end up wherever they trade him to.
His 1st priority is to be paid what he is worth.

If teams don't pay fair market value, talent can refuse to play for that franchise.

See Karlsson, Erik.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
His 1st priority is to be paid what he is worth.

If teams don't pay fair market value, talent can refuse to play for that franchise.

See Karlsson, Erik.

Looks like Ottawa dodged a bullet, with EK, shedding themselves of EK.

He could have signed the $88 M deal he was offered .................. but after 15 games, zero goals and only seven assists (minus 8) the trade may have been the best option.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

He could have signed the $88 M deal he was offered .................. but after 15 games, zero goals and only seven assists (minus 8) the trade may have been the best option.

Eeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now

Reactions: Micklebot

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

He is destroying my damn fantasy team (could've had Pastrnak, Patty Kane, Seguin, etc.) but other than that I'm sure he'll rebound with the Sharks.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Please stop posting your stupid walls of useless text. Will Butcher is not the best offensive blueliner in the NHL. That you have written a wall of text and didn't address my original comment of "favours players who have a higher ratio of power play time" clearly demonstrates you don't understand the issue. I'd ask you to look up 'ratio' in the dictionary but I'm afraid you will and then post another boring wall of stupid text.

It's always interesting to see who the stats show is most efficiently productive vs what the eye test and media test shows. Obviously there are things that don't show up in the numbers, and a team's offensive prowess as a whole can affect these stats positively and negatively, so it's neat to read about.

I think a simple kudos for the effort put into the debate, and an agree to disagree would have been a lot more respectful that to mock the effort the poster puts into the discussion and then call it all "stupid".

It reads like you don't like what the stats show so you're sticking out your tongue, taking your ball, and going home. It's a shame because I was looking forward to seeing what you would come back with as a rebuttal because I was enjoying the debate.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't think signing Chabot will be an issue. I don't think signing EK was as much about the budget as it was about personal issues, and about whether a massive 8 year deal at this stage of his career, after the last season, and with many question marks going forward was a good idea. In the end it seems as though they never even got started down the negotiation path as it appears as though personal issue made staying out of the question.

Chabot will be more like McDavid. He'll be just entering his prime when he's looking for a massive 8 year deal, and it will be a no brainier to lock him up at that point. There is a huge difference between locking a guy up at 11 million a year until he's 30 over doing the same until he's 37.

Even if Alfie owned the team you'd have to have a good think about 88 million for EK at this stage in his career, you really would because at least half of that deal would be past the natural decline point of most players, and that's not taking into account injury history and a sub-standard previous year. That's not to say you don't end up doing it, but it would require some real debate amongst the management team.

Singing Chabot at 22-23 based on whatever his performance ends up being at the end of this year and next is a lot simpler of a task because outside of unusual circumstances you'll be locking up all of his peak years.

I don't think there will be an issue signing these young guys, so long as EM doesn't come in and make enemies of them all ;)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Please stop posting your stupid walls of useless text. Will Butcher is not the best offensive blueliner in the NHL. That you have written a wall of text and didn't address my original comment of "favours players who have a higher ratio of power play time" clearly demonstrates you don't understand the issue. I'd ask you to look up 'ratio' in the dictionary but I'm afraid you will and then post another boring wall of stupid text.

Dude, I could write a 1000 pages and you would still be clueless and that's the fun part of it :laugh:

You find these elaborated texts useless because your brain doesn't get initiated from it, to each their own. Personally, I find that type of content very interesting and wish there was more stuff like that on HF instead of the insignificant emptiness of the content that you can post (and also offensive, like saying people who don't root for their local team are not great persons and lack character... I mean, hard to be more Pejorative Slured than that)

So, did I say that Butcher was the best offensive blueliner in the NHL? No, I didn't, I just posted a stat that reveals that he has been the most productive so far in relation to his ice-time (ES+PP), and this is what P/60 means. His production will eventually go down but so far he has produced at a very high level. Chabot has been improving his production drastically lately because these guys have not played a ton yet so the variation is much greater than vets with every game played.

And you keep saying the same thing but I have addressed it in the post #77... I posted their PP TOI, their PK TOI, P/60 at EV, P/60 on the PP... but you didn't comment on it; instead you just kept saying it was stupid :facepalm:

So no, I'm not going to calculate all the exact ratios but again, if you look at post #77, you can see that all these guys get a decent amount of PP TOI. Then if you look at the page below, you can see their TOI in all situations (that's where you find EV TOI/GP) and expect the ratios to be quite similar for most of them. For example, EK gets 25:57 TOI/GP, including 3:59 of PP (15.35%) and 1:12 of PK(4.62%). Klingberg, 23:10 TOI/GP, 3:15 of PP (14.03%), 0:30 of PK (2.16%).

NHL.com - Stats

Even after all that, you'd have more math to do to find the exact cumulative production value in relation vs the situations... That is WHY I just put the overall P/60 initially, for SIMPLIFICATION reasons.

Why? So What? Great effort I guess :laugh::huh::towel::facepalm::lol::clap::shakehead

Why are you mocking this? I love stats and I'm very interested in that type of stuff. I also love those hockey debates. And I have time and money on my side so I'm free to do whatever I want

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's always interesting to see who the stats show is most efficiently productive vs what the eye test and media test shows. Obviously there are things that don't show up in the numbers, and a team's offensive prowess as a whole can affect these stats positively and negatively, so it's neat to read about.

I think a simple kudos for the effort put into the debate, and an agree to disagree would have been a lot more respectful that to mock the effort the poster puts into the discussion and then call it all "stupid".

It reads like you don't like what the stats show so you're sticking out your tongue, taking your ball, and going home. It's a shame because I was looking forward to seeing what you would come back with as a rebuttal because I was enjoying the debate.

This is bang on. Obviously, it's impossible to tell everything all at once with the stats, you have to look at them separately at face value. A lot of advanced stats websites got shutdown so it's not easy to find the exact stuff you are looking for and selecting all the criterias that you would like to. Anyway, that's why you have to go with simplification. Next time I guess I'll have to spam an alert that there is shortcomings in these stats :laugh:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Still early. Way too early. Give it atleast the rest of the season before this kind of take.

Reactions: Icelevel

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Fun fact: Despite huge mountains and valleys, the Earth is still a super smooth object. The next part is a slightly contested but smarter people than me have claimed that, if shrunk to the size of a billiard ball, the earth would feel about as smooth.

It's pretty much true that the earth is smooth. You can do the math (highest mountains vs. circumference of the planet).

Comparing it to a billiard ball is a bit nebulous though. I mean, are we talking about a straight-out-of-the-factory cue ball? Or are we talking about one in a greasy bar that has been stuffed into a long soccer sock and repeatedly bashed on the craniums (rightfully) of about 30% of the posters in this thread? Big difference!!

I think we need to get more specific in our terminology during our investigation of these key issues. And maybe grab some kind of online sock and billiard ball.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin.

This is Fox News level of spin right here.

It almost makes one wonder if the poster has an agenda and a conflict of interest posting about management's moves

EDIT: he's obviously affiliated with management

Reactions: FlyingJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad