Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Ramus Andersson signs extension (6 years, $4.55M AAV)

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Lol. How so? He's already playing a solid 2nd pairing game, and looks like he could develop into a 1st pairing guy.

There is risk with any young player, that they don't pan out. At 4.5 he's at worst a slightly overpaid 4/5 guy.

I wouldn't bother, he clearly hasn't seen Andersson play.

Thanks, Vancouver!

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Risky contract. You just never know how these D man are going to turn out. Could be good value, could be a cap weight around the neck of the team. Depends on quite a few variables. But, Calgary fans seem to like it, so good for them.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Risky contract. You just never know how these D man are going to turn out. Could be good value, could be a cap weight around the neck of the team. Depends on quite a few variables. But, Calgary fans seem to like it, so good for them.

Beats paying Hamonic this money.

Reactions: Rockmorton

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Not really, it’s a whole bunch of flames fans saying it’s an amazing deal. It’s far from a great deal unless your Rasmus.

50/50 split between those who watch him and those have never watched him play.

Yeah, let's trust the random fan who has never watched him play, sounds completely logical.

Reactions: Mitts

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I hope the people who are saying this is a bad contract have watched this guy play all season. He has been the Flames best guy on D this season.

Reactions: Mitts

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If I ever have a kid I'm going to name him Rasmus and tell him to play defense.

50% chance your kid'll have to play for the Sabres after that (unless I'm forgetting someone --- I've got Andersson, Dahlin, Sandin, and Ristolainen). Are you prepared to deal with that reality? :naughty:

Looks like a solid deal for the Flames, unless Andersson's development takes a total nosedive.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
50% chance your kid'll have to play for the Sabres after that (unless I'm forgetting someone --- I've got Andersson, Dahlin, Sandin, and Ristolainen). Are you prepared to deal with that reality? :naughty:

Looks like a solid deal for the Flames, unless Andersson's development takes a total nosedive.

My kid can play 1000 games for the Boston Bruins if he makes the show. I might clock Marchand on the dads trip, but whatever.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Are they not the ones that know him the most?

Fans are also the most likely to homer their teams moves, so it can work both ways.

However, saying this is bad is out of lunch 100%. Unless Rasmus treats this as his retirement contract or injuries cripple him, this is going to look pretty good soon enough imo.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Its an okay deal, but he needs to keep improving to make this deal a steal, if he becomes top pair within two years it'll be good.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Fans are also the most likely to homer their teams moves, so it can work both ways.

However, saying this is bad is out of lunch 100%. Unless Rasmus treats this as his retirement contract or injuries cripple him, this is going to look pretty good soon enough imo.

Not when "a bunch" of them agreed on the deal. I dont think a fan would be happy if their team signed a 2M player for 4M+

Reactions: kevrondl

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He hasn't impressed whatsoever. Met expectations for about 8 months over the past 3 years and has been very meh otherwise. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Meh.? That's a nice thing to say lol...I think his hand eye coordination is mostly gone...too bad at such a young age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad