Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Elias Lindholm (6 years, $4.85m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Good contract. Have a weird feeling he is going to end up on our second line between Tkachuk and Bennett.

Should be a consistent 40-50 point player.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Tough to tell. He might get a look at 1st line RW but with the Neal signing more likely he’ll start on the second line with Tkachuk/Backlund. He may take over the 2C spot if they bump Backlund down to 3C as well. Lots of different possible line combos in Calgary this year

Yeah definitely gives them more depth options up front especially if Bennett can finally at least play like a 2nd liner. There's going to be a lot resting on how Hanifin performs too though I think

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah definitely gives them more depth options up front especially if Bennett can finally at least play like a 2nd liner. There's going to be a lot resting on how Hanifin performs too though I think

Yeah a solid Hanifin and Brodie bouncing back could be huge

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
pretty good deal IMO. I think this deal may end up looking like a steal in a year or two; he has plenty of upside IMO and should jive in well behind Monahan and company.

Reactions: DirtDiver

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good contract. Always liked Lindholm, and think he was more to give offensively, while being solid defensively.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Seems reasonable. Betting on growth for a young guy. If you don't get much improvement, it's still probably a decent deal long term as salaries escalate. If you do get improvement, it becomes an excellent contract.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wow that's a very risky one.
How so? Even if he never finds his full game, he looks like a solid 40-50 point second line centre. That's worth at least 4 mil/ year. If he does improve on his numbers, the contract is a huge bargain. Seems like low risk, potentially big reward.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Solid versatile 40-50 point player locked through his prime for 4.85M, that's not bad. Not a great contract by any means, but fair.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I like the deal, although I feel it is a little high for Lindholm. He would have done well centering the Necas and Svech line this year. In the end you have to give up talent to get talent.

I'm not sure which will come first: Flames fan being frustrated watching what Lindholm can do versus what he does consistently or frustrated watching Peters' system? I vote the later! Remember process over outcome!

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I like the deal, although I feel it is a little high for Lindholm. He would have done well centering the Necas and Svech line this year. In the end you have to give up talent to get talent.

I'm not sure which will come first: Flames fan being frustrated watching what Lindholm can do versus what he does consistently or frustrated watching Peters' system? I vote the later! Remember process over outcome!

Can’t be worse than Gulutzan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad