Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Elias Lindholm (6 years, $4.85m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it reported that Lindholm was asking for a lot and that is why Carolina traded him?

That deal seems very reasonable for a 23 year old Center who seems to be a lock for at least 40 points, and will probably be a 50-60 point guy

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it reported that Lindholm was asking for a lot and that is why Carolina traded him?

That deal seems very reasonable for a 23 year old Center who seems to be a lock for at least 40 points, and will probably be a 50-60 point guy
I don't even think it was that much of a difference, but for whatever reason the talks got a bit nasty. This is a fair deal for a guy who could easily hit 50 points this year and is entering his prime.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Rumour was 5x5 out of Carolina if I remember correctly

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Little bit of risk to this one for sure but I think it will look good, he's still improving.

Is he expected to play center or RW? I know he spent some time down the middle but unless I'm wrong more of his time on the Canes was on the wing

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Why would he be a 50-60 point guy under the same coach he never scored 50-60 points ?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Little bit of risk to this one for sure but I think it will look good, he's still improving.

Is he expected to play center or RW? I know he spent some time down the middle but unless I'm wrong more of his time on the Canes was on the wing

Tough to tell. He might get a look at 1st line RW but with the Neal signing more likely he’ll start on the second line with Tkachuk/Backlund. He may take over the 2C spot if they bump Backlund down to 3C as well. Lots of different possible line combos in Calgary this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->