Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Elias Lindholm (6 years, $4.85m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Late bump, but he has 18 points in 16 games so far and looks great on our top line. Really liking this deal a lot.

Ferland is also falling back down to Earth. I expect both players to fall off their current pace, but Linhold to outscore Ferland by at least 15 points.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
Late to the party here, but I wouldn't have minded $4.8M per for Lindholm in CAR. The term of 6 yrs however seems a bit long, but he'll probably prove it a good contract. His versatility will be missed in CAR for sure. It'd be nice to be able to have him as an option at C under a new coach.

Anyway, I could finally see him break 50pts on this deal. I wouldn't expect much more than that though, based on his previous usage under Peters. But just under $5M for ~50pts seems like the going rate these days.

How dare you discuss what this thread is supposed to be about. lol. But seriously, I love that contract and think it will be seen as a legitimate bargain deal by it's mid-point. I personally think 30/30 is easily within his reach. He looks to be taking his game to another level and fitting in perfectly as our top line RW. The fact we can play him around the line-up is just a bonus. I liked the trade when we made it and I like it even more now. Great trade for both teams in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad