PTO: [CGY] Devante Smith-Pelly(r), Tobias Rieder(s), Zac Rinaldo(s), Alexandre Grenier(r) PTO with Flames

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
feel bad for Smith-Pelly. He should have signed a bigger/better contract last year after his strong playoffs instead of giving Caps a deal and trying to go for another cup. Now he may not even get a contract next year.

That's why players should always put money first, above winning.

DSP certainly made the Capitals GM look like a genius for not signing him to any sort of two or three year "thanks for what you did for us" deal, and getting him on a show me deal.

Reactions: BHD

Ledge And Dairy

That was my thought on hearing it as well. However, the Kadri acquisition sounds like it probably would've centered around Brodie? Makes me think that for whatever reason Treliving/Peters may not be so confident in our center depth.
Its not that we arent confident in our center depth it's that we didnt really have secondary scoring last year since backlund and Frolik are stronger defensively then offensive. At the end of the day Kadri still scores goals and is strong offensively. At the time of that trade offer we probably had a 3rd pair rd set up to sign and we move rasmus to the 1st pair. We would end up with ridiculously strong center depth of Monahan - Kadri - Backlund - Ryan, and not have to rely so heavily on the top line doing all the scoring.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Again I don't disagree at all, I just think it adds merit to the suggestion they are open to Lindholm at C, if the roster allows for it. Perhaps signing guys like Rieder makes that easier.
Honesty, what I would find downright hilarious, is if we moved Lindy to C, Tkachuk (or Gaudreau to RW) and had Lindy center Bennett and Janko. Watching a decent chunk of CFHF lose their minds would be f***ing amazing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Honesty, what I would find downright hilarious, is if we moved Lindy to C, Tkachuk (or Gaudreau to RW) and had Lindy center Bennett and Janko. Watching a decent chunk of CFHF lose their minds would be ****ing amazing.

Meaning the lineup would be something like:
Gaudreau/Tkachuk - Monahan - Gaudreau/Tkachuk
Jankowksi - Lindholm - Bennett
Dube - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Mangipane

Meaning Bennett would be in the top 6. Meaning your mind you probably be the one that melted first. The magic of that would bring tears to the eyes of a number of folks on CFHF :laugh:

Reactions: Drop Shock

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Meaning the lineup would be something like:
Gaudreau/Tkachuk - Monahan - Gaudreau/Tkachuk
Jankowksi - Lindholm - Bennett
Dube - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Mangipane

Meaning Bennett would be in the top 6. Meaning your mind you probably be the one that melted first. The magic of that would bring tears to the eyes of a number of folks on CFHF :laugh:
Maybe you should work on your reading dude, I've penciled in Bennett on the 2nd line too because it is what I expect to happen. My problem is people like you praising one player because you prefer their style of game while shitting on the other while ignoring actual production.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Maybe you should work on your reading dude, I've penciled in Bennett on the 2nd line too because it is what I expect to happen. My problem is people like you praising one player while ****ting on the other.

I've just said Jankowski's a replacement level centre.
In most of my 'Lindholm moves down to Centre', I have him in the middle 6 LW hole personally.

I know you're pointing at me about 'the meltdown' if Janko's moved with Bennett... I have no problem, as long as the guy isn't playing down the middle anymore, because he isn't good there. :laugh:

Also, not sure how you expect me to keep up with all the shit you write; I can't follow 4 threads of you talking to yourself anymore, I gave that up years ago. Gotta tell you though, fam, the hypocrisy and random internet arrogance in the way you write is legit, your posts are magic.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Also, not sure how you expect me to keep up with all the **** you write; I can't follow 4 threads of you talking to yourself anymore, I gave that up years ago. Gotta tell you though, fam, the hypocrisy and random internet arrogance in the way you write is legit, your posts are magic.
Well we both know this is a load of bullshit and we both know why

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
feel bad for Smith-Pelly. He should have signed a bigger/better contract last year after his strong playoffs instead of giving Caps a deal and trying to go for another cup. Now he may not even get a contract next year.

That's why players should always put money first, above winning.

I think you have to understand that Smith Pelly has a well known and well earned bad reputation. What he got from the Caps was what he was going to get. He didn't leave a bunch of money and years on the table to go for another cup

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think you have to understand that Smith Pelly has a well known and well earned bad reputation. What he got from the Caps was what he was going to get. He didn't leave a bunch of money and years on the table to go for another cup

That’s right. Some have convinced themselves that he gave up some sweetheart deal from other teams....I don’t think there was really a ton of interest because he’s a known quantity.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Rieder PTO already paid off with some sweet schadenfreude! Even if he repeats his 0 goal performance, it was worth it

Reactions: Bezer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Imagine if Lucic and Rieder start scoring goals to help the Flames. Oiler fans would be going nuts.

Considering both guys will be brought in to be Calgary's 10th-13th best forwards, and not miscast as top 6 options... I honestly do think both guys will have good years.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I do as well. They are part of a deep team and away from that continuous shit-show in Edmonton. Edmonton might not be so bad this year with new management, but a change of scenery will do both players a world of good. In Reider's case, he outright earned his spot coming in as a PTO. In Lucic's case, there is no pressure on him to score. Just be defensively responsible and everything else is gravy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad