Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Derek Ryan signs with the Flames (3 years, $3.125M AAV)

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I knew when that Treliving interview came out with him talking about "value swings" in free agency that they would be going after Czarnik.

I hope this guy comes to camp ready to roll and wins a spot as the top line RW. He looks like he has the talent to piggy back with Johnny/Mony and potentially have a break out season.

Time will tell.

The Ryan signing you knew had a good chance of happening the second Peters was hired as coach. Bit of an overpay, but welcome to free agency. He fills a need. Heck, both players fill a need.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I've actually liked Czarnik in a few games i've seen of his. Seems like a decent bottom six player..

I don't get the people complaining about Ryan....when Reaves and Beagle are getting near 3 mil, he is worth more than them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames fans said he wouldn't see the top 9 and take time from their young C's. You don't pay a guy 3m to anchor the 4th line.

He can play RW that can take faceoff on their 3rd line?

He is not going to take the C from Monahan, Backlund and possible even Jankowski and Lindholm

The Flames have good depth at center now.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Flames fans said he wouldn't see the top 9 and take time from their young C's. You don't pay a guy 3m to anchor the 4th line.

Hopefully he takes time away from Jankowski who he is better than and is better fit on the 4th line anyways.

I don’t think he will take time away from Bennett who I am not sure the Flames see as a center anymore or Lindholm if he plays center since he is clearly better than Ryan.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
He can play RW that can take faceoff on their 3rd line?

He is not going to take the C from Monahan, Backlund and possible even Jankowski and Lindholm

The Flames have good depth at center now.

He took C from Lindholm in Carolina *crying*. I don't know much about Jankowski but I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him moved to wing.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Would have liked under 3 for Ryan but 3.1 isn't going to upset me. Anythimg under Stajans deal woulda made me happy and considering the cap has gone up quite a bit since that one, im haply.

Czarnik could be a sneaky good deal and really on the cheap too. Love it

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Peters refused to play Lindholm at c over Ryan. Why would that change in Calgary?
OK then...there is still the other 3 guys.

Lindholm are probably going to be a RW for the FLames. They need help there.

Cole4Christmas

Nov 19, 2017
Flames fans, what does this mean for Jankowski, Lindholm, and Bennett? Seems like the Flames are overloaded at C with Monahan, Backlund, and Ryan down the middle.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames fans, what does this mean for Jankowski, Lindholm, and Bennett? Seems like the Flames are overloaded at C with Monahan, Backlund, and Ryan down the middle.

Monahan and Backlund are the top 2.

Jankowski will likely be the 3rd C since that's what he is exclusively.

Bennett and Lindholm are likely a wing moving forward.

Ryan can either be a 4th center or wing.

Then there are injuries...it's a good thing to have flexbility

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Lindholm and Bennett at wing.

Monahan
Backlund
Janks
Ryan at center

You can never have too many guys that can play center. Ryan also gives us a guy who can win faceoffs as does Lindholm

Reactions: Cole4Christmas

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Bennett can’t play centre and I expect Jankwoski to take the 3C spot. Lindholm will most likely be RWer in the top 6.

Reactions: Cole4Christmas

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Czarnik is a low-key good signing. He might take off in Calgary.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad