CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part III: ALLCAPS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
15 yards for that?!

Exactly, it's to the point where you can't touch the QB, ever.

Well, unless it's DeMarco, playing QB for the Redblacks, then you can twist his knee until it snaps!!!

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, like it or not, the RedBlacks ARE an expansion team.

I expect they'll be the CFL doormats for at least 3 seasons, maybe more.

Will the fan base still find it fun at TD Place stadium long enough to see a winner?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Well, like it or not, the RedBlacks ARE an expansion team.

I expect they'll be the CFL doormats for at least 3 seasons, maybe more.

Will the fan base still find it fun at TD Place stadium long enough to see a winner?

It won't take that long if management does their job. One of the benefits of the CFL is that there are loads of CFL caliber players in US colleges.

Look at Winnipeg and Edmonton. Last year's doormats, now EDM is on top of the West and Winnipeg has doubled their win count.

First thing they need to do is dump Burris and go with DeMarco though. He's done.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Okay, officially this team sucks ******s. What a mess. This management has some major explaining to do. You know all these RedBlack fans out there that were so quick to point out how bad the Renegades were back in their day... Well the Rens were never this bad, ever! :shakehead

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Did Burris misjudge how many yards they needed for the 1st down. They were still short a full yard after gaining about 2 on 2 plunges. Makes no sense to sneak on 2nd and 3rd down when you need 3 yards and 2 scoring plays and time is running out. The offensive coordinator or Burris blew that big time.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Okay, officially this team sucks horsecocks. What a mess. This management has some major explaining to do. You know all these RedBlack fans out there that were so quick to point out how bad the Renegades were back in their day... Well the Rens were never this bad, ever! :shakehead

Exactly, I think the Renegades were at least a little more competitive early!

What I dislike is all the hype we were fed about how favorable the expansion draft was for us. Yeah right, sure thing there CFL. That was a load of junk we were fed, along with a crap players.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That wasn't what the pre-season marketing said. Didn't the CFL try and bend over backwards to make this a successful first year expansion team ?

That's correct... it was all bull crap to sell as many seasons tickets as possible. I think a few seasons ticket holders will not renew for next season, even though they're supposedly having so much fun at TD Place stadium! Fun only goes so far after prolonged losing!

It also stinks how many penalties are called against the Redblacks and let go when the other team makes the exact same play.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The D got worn out because of the shorter week between games. They needed the offense to hold the ball longer but the play calling has been unbelievably bad.

Burris can't make a pass or call the right plays (which could be the O-coach too). Burris makes 4 yard tosses when they need 10. They blamed the receivers this week for cutting the routes short but notice how Burris throws down-field behind receivers on the sideline passes instead of leading them up field on the run. This causes the receiver to be stopped and facing the wrong way and then they get gang tackled before they can turn back up field. This season he's also thrown a number of shoe strings balls and then acts displeased with his receivers when they can't make the catch. He constantly overthrows open receivers on deeper routes with guys wide open.

Coaching and Burris are the greatest disappointments with the RBs in my book. They need to make changes because they are going no place with this O-coach and QB.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The D got worn out because of the shorter week between games. They needed the offense to hold the ball longer but the play calling has been unbelievably bad.

Burris can't make a pass or call the right plays (which could be the O-coach too). Burris makes 4 yard tosses when they need 10. They blamed the receivers this week for cutting the routes short but notice how Burris throws down-field behind receivers on the sideline passes instead of leading them up field on the run. This causes the receiver to be stopped and facing the wrong way and then they get gang tackled before they can turn back up field. This season he's also thrown a number of shoe strings balls and then acts displeased with his receivers when they can't make the catch. He constantly overthrows open receivers on deeper routes with guys wide open.

Coaching and Burris are the greatest disappointments with the RBs in my book. They need to make changes because they are going no place with this O-coach and QB.

Yes, coaching and Burris are bad IMO. Also, at times, our D-backs couldn't cover American high school receivers.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
To those of you calling for people's heads, crying out at the dearth of talent this squad seems to have, and how we're not as good as we thought we would be:

This is an expansion team. Most of these players haven't played together for a full year yet. The talent in the draft wasn't big to begin with, even though the CFL did make it more prevalent than past expansion drafts. Surely, this is a matter of too-high expectations more than it is too-low performance (although, no one will deny that a bit of that is present too.)

ThreeMs

Oct 21, 2013
Ottawa
This team is beyond awful, but what's worse than their play is the number of penalties being called. I've not watched the CFL much since the Renegades folded, and I'm finding the game almost unwatchable because of all the brutal calls.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Watch, the BC Lions will BLOW the RedBlacks out next week!

46-3 sounds about right!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This team is beyond awful, but what's worse than their play is the number of penalties being called. I've not watched the CFL much since the Renegades folded, and I'm finding the game almost unwatchable because of all the brutal calls.

I agree, some of the roughing the passer calls are just horrendous! It's football, it's meant to be hard hitting! A little push of a QB, who JUST barely released the football IS NOT ROUGHING IMHO.

From my biased observations, the RedBlacks aren't allowed any slack with the O-line holding, all the while, the other teams are holding just the same and getting away with it.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Watch, the BC Lions will BLOW the RedBlacks out next week!

46-3 sounds about right!

I am sure you will be disappointed if they aren't blown out.You seem to be cheering more for them to fail than for them to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad