CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part III: ALLCAPS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Come to TD Place and you'll see why we've all fallen in love with the team. Beautiful facility (not a bad seat in the house!), terrific crowds, a great experience. The on-field production has been poor, but one visit to TD Place will turn their opinions on the team,

Exactly. Who cares, it's year 1. I understand the need for bandwagonners to have a successful team to be a part of things, but in the case of the RedBlacks it's not just about the results.

I'm not a big football fan by any means (what is a slot back? tight end? what? is there a tight middle?) but go to a game and you'll see. It's about Ottawa coming together as a community, for a single cause. Something that doesn't happen with hockey in this city. It's amazing to see when you're at the stadium. I hope Spooz has gone or will go to a game before throwing in the towel or raising more complaints about a team built by expansion picks and rejects. We'll get better.

I can just imagine what a playoff game will be like at TD.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Last home game, some fans got together and had a tailgate party in the 2nd Carleton parking - there was a canopy, BBQ, and beer. It seems like an ideal spot since the lot is usually wide open and uncrowded. I think it might actually be cool to organize an unofficial "HF boards" tailgate party one day (at least if we ever made the Grey Cup playoffs).

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will our RedBlacks win their 2nd game of the season against BC?

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I'll be at the game tomorrow night against BC, and every game I've been to thus far this season we've won. We got this guys. :)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I care about winning, but if I'm going to spend two+ hours of my time watching tonight, I'd much rather see an entertaining loss, than a boring win.

Obviously judging by the last few games.....it seems like a boring loss is the more likely scenario, but I'll give the game a chance.

BTW, it looks like counterfeit Redblacks jerseys are starting to pop up on places like eBay, so if you see Redblacks jerseys for absurdly cheap on the secondary market, be aware they might be counterfeit.

It blows my mind that the CFL is popular enough to see their jerseys knocked off.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah it should get better, we still have 2 games versus Montreal and Hamilton and still play Toronto.

I expect to at least have 1 victory from those games...

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Pretty ugly weather. Doubt I'll make the game tonight anyways, but I'm wondering if the game will be cancelled. Really bad stuff.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
I got free tickets to the game (great weather for it too!) hopefully it's a good one

Last edited:

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Going to my first ever CFL game tonight, hopefully it will be a good one. Dont mind a little rain, just no storms to cancel the game.

By the way, Ottawa is such a beautiful city, been enjoying my holiday here so far.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Going to my first ever CFL game tonight, hopefully it will be a good one. Dont mind a little rain, just no storms to cancel the game.

By the way, Ottawa is such a beautiful city, been enjoying my holiday here so far.
Glad you've enjoyed the city, hope the weather doesn't ruin the game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad