CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part III: ALLCAPS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
screw melnyk!
2014. Year of the REDBLACKS!

First game watched and it was awesome. This season will be entertaining.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
MONTREAL – Chevon Walker had two touchdowns on the ground and one through the air as the Ottawa REDBLACKS earned their first ever pre-season win, 26-10 over the Montreal Alouettes Friday night at Percival Molson Stadium.
http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/article/syndicated/453835/walkers-td-trio-leads-redblacks-to-win-over-als
crop_20417694548.jpg

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Two games thus far. Not too shabby. Nice win and effort today. I love Burris! Anyway, the stadium should be rockin for the home opener especially if they continue to bring it... On a side note, not much "Red" in the RedBlacks jerseys. Maybe change name to the Ottawa WhiteBlacks instead?;)

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know if I can find a full game replay of the game? I know it's a long shot but I would love to take a second look at it.

Was a great game overall. I think Ottawa might finally have a reasonably competitive team.:nod:

Oct 10, 2010
Final cuts ;

General Manager Marcel Desjardins declared 14 cuts to the team's final roster, with veteran kicker Justin Parlardy and National receiver Simon LeMarquand among the most notable.

Desjardins also announced that National defensive back Steven Adu, and Parker Orms, International LB Devin Arrington, National DL Stephon Miller, International DL Dimetrio Tyson, International kicker Paolo Henriques, National OL Brendan Dunn, National OL Aaron Wheaton, International WR Taulib Ikharo, international WR Travon Patterson, National receiver Aaron Hargreaves, and National OL James Lee have all been released.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I guess that only leaves Brett Maher as a K/P.

I think you guys got a good one here. He was very competent here in Winnipeg as a dual duty guy in pre-season. His international status along with the Bombers huge loyalty to punter Mike Renaud ended up dooming him.

Should be a fun season for you guys. Burris and Walker is a great start on offense and solid vets like TJ Hill, Anton McKenzie and one of my all-time favourite Bombers in Jovon Johnson on defense.

Good luck this season, you guys are easily my favourite team out east and the only team in league other than Bombers I don't hate (yet I guess ;)).

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This is weird for me. I've follow the Bombers m whole life, and continued to follow them after moving here. It is actually easy to be a Bomber fan when there are no television blackouts. Now I will have to figure out who is my number one team once the season starts. It is sort of like when the Jets came back.

Oct 10, 2010
Roster as it stand today;

Quarterbacks: Henry Burris, Thomas DeMarco, Danny O’Brien.
Running Backs: D.J. Harper, Chevon Walker.
Fullbacks: John Delahunt, Patrick Lavoie.
Receivers: Matt Carter, Dobson Collins, Marcus Henry, Paris Jackson, Kierrie Johnson, Scott Macdonell, Tim Maypray, Jamill Smith.
Offensive Linemen: Matthew Albright, J’Michael Dean, Jon Gott, Alex Krausnick, Nolan MacMillan, Nate Menkin.

Defensive Linemen: Justin Capicciotti, Moton Hopkins, Brandon Lang, Andrew Marshall, Nigel Romick, Justin Phillips, Keith Shologan, Marlon Smith, Connor Williams, Jonathan Williams.
Linebackers: Travis Brown, James Green, Jeremiah Green, T.J. Hill, Jason Pottinger.
Defensive Backs: Eddie Elder, Eric Fraser, Jerrell Gavins, Jovon Johnson, Antoine Pruneau, Brandyn Thompson, Seth Williams.

Long Snapper: Kevin Scott.

Practice roster: QB Alex Carder, OL Hugo Desmarais, OL Steven Forgette, RB Michael Hayes, DE Monte Lewis, WR Robin Medeiros, WR Carlton Mitchell, CB Jermaine Robinson, WR Fred Rouse, LB Jasper Simmons.

Injured reserve: OL Joe Eppele, DL Zach Evans, CB Reggie Jones, OL Jeraill McCuller, LB Jordan Verdone.

Disabled list: SB Wallace Miles, LB Anton McKenzie.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
They're likely bringing in Hugh O'Neill from Edmonton as the new kicker; also don't be shocked at all to see us grab Jamel Richardson now, following his release from Montreal.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Again, I need to repeat this statement, you guys should have picked Maver instead of Glenn off Calgary in the expansion draft. :p:

There weren't in the same pool of draftees. Glenn was in the International Pool (Round 1) whereas Maver (if he was even left unprotected) was in the National Pool (Rounds 2 and 3).

They're likely bringing in Hugh O'Neill from Edmonton as the new kicker; also don't be shocked at all to see us grab Jamel Richardson now, following his release from Montreal.

Hugh is a friend of mine from high school. If that's true that's a great pickup. I've never met a harder worker and he has a seriously powerful leg.

Sorry for "invading" again, best of luck this season to the RedBlacks.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
There weren't in the same pool of draftees. Glenn was in the International Pool (Round 1) whereas Maver (if he was even left unprotected) was in the National Pool (Rounds 2 and 3).

The way the expansion draft was set up, was that if a team lost a Qb in the first round, they weren't allowed to lose a kicker, so essentially, the choice was there. As well, it was obvious Maver wasn't protected because you could only protect one kicker, and there's no way Maver was protected over Parades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad