OT: CF Montreal thread - Neva Too Late edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Anyone know things about ticketing? Maybe my search game is weak but I didn’t find any family ticket sections. A friend of mine and I are looking to go to a game with our sons (two 5 year olds). Any idea what I’m missing?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone know things about ticketing? Maybe my search game is weak but I didn’t find any family ticket sections. A friend of mine and I are looking to go to a game with our sons (two 5 year olds). Any idea what I’m missing?

Section 118 is the family one but I don't know about prices. "Lait's go" on their ticket website has lower ticket prices for children/teens but I haven't looked further

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Section 118 is the family one but I don't know about prices. "Lait's go" on their ticket website has lower ticket prices for children/teens but I haven't looked further

Thanks. My search game is indeed weak. It's clearly written on the ticket page showing the map of the stadium where it says "Family Corner" above section 118. :dunce:

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Seriously? Of course they don't play the same side, but Choiniere plays both. Duh.

A lot of players won't adjust as easily on the other side. We've seen it a few times with this team over the last few seasons. Raitala was once used on the right side and was really bad. Most players are one-footed and they struggle when they have to use their left foot on the right side of the pitch. Choinière is a workhorse and will play wherever they ask him to play. He's not even playing at his natural position whether it's the left or the right side. At the end of the day, both ZBG and Orri don't play much at all so I doubt we'll ever see any of them tried on the other side.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
A lot of players won't adjust as easily on the other side. We've seen it a few times with this team over the last few seasons. Raitala was once used on the right side and was really bad. Most players are one-footed and they struggle when they have to use their left foot on the right side of the pitch. Choinière is a workhorse and will play wherever they ask him to play. He's not even playing at his natural position whether it's the left or the right side. At the end of the day, both ZBG and Orri don't play much at all so I doubt we'll ever see any of them tried on the other side.
That's not what I was suggesting. I was asking if Choiniere on the left and ZBG on the right isn't more offensive than Choiniere on the right and Thorkelsson on the left.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Well then your question wasn't clear enough

seemed clear to me... I feel like we know what all our WB options are capable of, and the only one who is borderline starter material at this point is Choiniere. ZBG is more of an offensive sub option, Lassi is in the wrong position and so is Johnston.

So for me, I feel we should test what we have with Thorkelsson at WB. Maybe he's not a better option, but we should find out. Coming on as a sub, he's always seemed better than the starter he replaced.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
seemed clear to me... I feel like we know what all our WB options are capable of, and the only one who is borderline starter material at this point is Choiniere. ZBG is more of an offensive sub option, Lassi is in the wrong position and so is Johnston.

So for me, I feel we should test what we have with Thorkelsson at WB. Maybe he's not a better option, but we should find out. Coming on as a sub, he's always seemed better than the starter he replaced.

Johnston is a good enough RB if needed. He was very good there for Nashville. I don't think they played with 3 CBs there.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Johnston is a good enough RB if needed. He was very good there for Nashville. I don't think they played with 3 CBs there.

They did play a strong defensive squad though. The thing is.. as a wingback, he needs to run a whole lot more up and down the pitch. I'm fine with his play so far. I feel like some people expect way too much from him because we clearly overpaid. I mean.. we paid for Johnston the same amount that we did on DJ

The way I felt his question was about playing Orri instead of ZBG. I'm not the only one who read it that way. That said. I'm not too confident in his play. I also felt that he was good when relied on but as I've said weeks ago: I also felt good when I first saw Kizza and Bassong play. So.. but Orri as much more the same profile as Miller/Johnson than a typical wingback. He's mostly a CB who played LB in Iceland. From the videos we saw last year, he's good with the ball and passes.. but he's not someone who's going to run up&down + cross.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This is the equivalent of 9 year old me pulling the cord off the Nintendo when my older brother would be on his way to an easy win against me at street fighter :laugh:

My nintendo was plugged was linked to a light switch in my room. The number of times that I turned it off because I wanted to play too. :laugh:

About the incident, it's really dumb that he gave only a yellow. Can you imagine a coach doing this at the World Cup? I won't let the other team get a chance to score so I'll stop the ball on the field..

:help:

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad