OT: CF Montréal (Artists Formerly Known as Impact): Çnow Flake Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everything is wrong. Really out of the ordinary. I can't prononce nothing. Even the initials... The first thing that came in my mindou was Come f*** Me (Doue Voice)...

:facepalm:

Don't be one of those people that is so anti-CFMTL that you can't get over the name change.

I understand you would have rather kept them as Impact. But it's no longer the name.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Don't be one of those people that is so anti-CFMTL that you can't get over the name change.

I understand you would have rather kept them as Impact. But it's no longer the name.
Yep. Move on. You don’t have to support the marketing but you can still support the team.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ev6qYGFWQAArjAo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not crazy about Piette moving up the field and on a wing TBH. Central mid field defense is where he's the most useful.

Yea. It is his best spot. But I feel like as the season progressed, he was getting better in that new spot Henry put him in. So I think that is the main reason why IMFC Radio has him there in their depth chart.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I hope the new coach doesn’t play Wanyama deeper than Piette again. Aside from that the 11 looks fine.

On the depth chart tho I’d imagine that Toye is above Hurtado since we actually have an interest in his development, and Tabla shouldn’t even be on the roster. I’d rather give Assi minutes this season than waste them on Ballou.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nancy's been with the MLS coaching since January 2016 and served under Biello, Garde, Cabrera's short stint, and Henry. But Nancy's been a coach in the Academy since 2011 before moving up to the MLS staff.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I like this decision. Let's maintain some consistency... I personally feel manager influence is somewhat overrated at the MLS level. Our best seasons were with Klopas and Biello haha

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope the new coach doesn’t play Wanyama deeper than Piette again. Aside from that the 11 looks fine.

On the depth chart tho I’d imagine that Toye is above Hurtado since we actually have an interest in his development, and Tabla shouldn’t even be on the roster. I’d rather give Assi minutes this season than waste them on Ballou.

Nancy to Tabla: Ballou, Assi-toi. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Michelangelo

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
It’s probably the best choice right now. Nancy was with the guys through last season and is prepared to go on the road with them again, so it’ll be a good morale boost and help them with continuity in the messaging.

I just hope that this isn’t a decision they stick with for just this year and then move on when things are hopefully normal in 2022. Id like to go more than one season without wondering who’ll be on the sidelines.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Why is Toye so low on the depth chart?

He was described as untapped potential, now he's less capable than Hurtado?

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Why is Toye so low on the depth chart?

He was described as untapped potential, now he's less capable than Hurtado?
I think the idea is that Hurtado is more proven, so in the interest of fielding a competitive team you might have better look using him off the bench/on rotation instead of Toye.

I don’t agree though. Toye had a rough season last year but in his minutes he still made some nice runs, there just wasn’t enough creativity in the final third to make space or the passing abilities to feed him the ball after Taider left.

Hopefully Mihailovic can help bring that to midfield.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I completely support the nomination, it's what makes the most sense for continuity. Besides, it's the perfect timing to do this. Nancy worked his way up the ladder, he's now an example for everyone who works as a coach in the org.

Next in line is Bernier.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
CFMTL will have two preseason games on April 8th and 11th in Orlando. And then they will start in Miami where they will play out of Inter Miami's stadium.

Reactions: willzyix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad