Central Division Race Part II [warning in the OP and #355]

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues aren't resting players persay, but the reports all indicate that Steen, Tarasenko, and Bortuzzo are pretty close and would I imagine they would likely be playing if it was game 83 instead of 81.

I'd like to win the division but I'm more concerned with how we are playing. I think when the Blues are on, they are the best team in the division (since Kane is out for Chicago).

But if they aren't, any one of the the other four Central teams could very well beat them so where the Blues finish is less important to me than how the Blues are playing as they enter the playoffs.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
whats at stake for winnipeg in tonight's game? avs dont need the points so ill probably be half rooting for jets tonight

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
[NHL][/NHL]
whats at stake for winnipeg in tonight's game? avs dont need the points so ill probably be half rooting for jets tonight

They can clinch a spot with a Kings loss or an OT point for themselves I believe.

EDIT: Everything that is on the line: http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=762258

Calgary winning in regulation clinches the final two playoff spots for Calgary and Winnipeg. If Minnesota also wins, I believe that locks Winnipeg into the second wild card spot where they would likely get the Anaheim Ducks.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Does anyone else on their team boards have posters hoping their team loses games to avoid certain matchups?

With as nasty as the central is this year I don't think there's really a favorable matchup to be had. Seems so anti-sports fan to see actively wishing their team to lose games

Yeah i'm maybe dreading one team more than the others but there's not a sure thing in the bunch.

there are probably still a couple people upset we actually made it into the playoffs TBH--people watch for different reasons and some people like the idea of gathering all the resources we can before making a "real" push as a true contender. almost everyone else subscribes to the "anything can happen in the playoffs" view. Besides that, you want some of your players to have playoff experience for that "real" push, right?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Whatever happens, I just hope it's a Central team that wins the cup. Preferably the Jets, but if not, any of you would please me. Central FTW! :yo:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
:laugh: Just HATE THE GUY!~ :sarcasm:

Seriously, if those players suit up on Saturday against the Blues, then he's trying to avoid the Blues and get the Preds #1 and I hate that he's doing that.

Although I'm flattered that he doesn't believe in the curse.
It's not what you think. Haula isn't even a factor. He sits from time to time. This is our one opportunity to get Kemps a game to see what he can do. To get him in a game is huge. Nino got hurt a couple games back and was in a lot of pain in the Chicago game, so resting him is a no brainer. Vanek isn't earth shattering. I'll give you Parise though, but when you consider how hard he works every night and gets knocked around, it makes sense to give him one game.

Valid reasons why most are sitting tonight.

Dubs will definitely get the final game as the last warmup for the postseason. Parise will probably be back for the same reason. If Nino is still hurt, he should probably sit again.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
:laugh: Just HATE THE GUY!~ :sarcasm:

Seriously, if those players suit up on Saturday against the Blues, then he's trying to avoid the Blues and get the Preds #1 and I hate that he's doing that.

Although I'm flattered that he doesn't believe in the curse.

Nothing to do with trying to force a matchup, and everything to do with resting players who need it now that they've clinched.

The Wild's workload has been insane of late, and a game off is needed for these guys.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild...apparently trying so hard to lose to the Preds by resting everyone... just took the lead with 2mins left in the game. :sarcasm:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
With tonight's victory over Chicago, coupled with Minnesota's victory over Nashville....

The St. Louis Blues have officially won the Central Division! :yo::yo:

Nicklin3011*

Eh either way the vlues arent better then chicago on paper or in real life especially in the playoffs if they happen to meet

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Eh either way the vlues arent better then chicago on paper or in real life especially in the playoffs if they happen to meet

The same real life where the Blues just beat the Hawks twice in a week? I'm not saying the Blues are absolutely better than Chicago just because of two, one-goal games but it's not like it's not close or something.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
We are ****ing pathetic.

As a Blues fan, I know all to well what this feeling is like. We had it damned near clinched last year with 7 games to go, only needed like 4 pts to clinch the division, lost 6 straight, played the previous Cup champ in the 1st round, the rest is history.

With that being said, it makes tonight all that more gratifying!!!

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
As a Blues fan, I know all to well what this feeling is like. We had it damned near clinched last year with 7 games to go, only needed like 4 pts to clinch the division, lost 6 straight, played the previous Cup champ in the 1st round, the rest is history.

With that being said, it makes tonight all that more gratifying!!!

Congrats. I hope the Blues beat the tar out of Minnesota or Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad