Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wow, Raptors dismantling the KD-less Warriors. While I absolutely cannot stand them, their team is not unlikable. And they are playing awesome basketball. They have a star in Kawhi, a deep supporting group and top notch defense. Kudos to them, but it also could have been the Sixers with a little luck or even the Bucks. Top 3 in the east was very strong, we saw that first hand.

This past 2 years turned out to be a huge bust for Ainge. He traded for the wrong star (Kyrie instead of Kawhi) and got the wrong co-star (Hayward instead of George). Not everything has been his fault (cannot foresee injuries), but using ammo for Kyrie seems unforgivable, even though it will not be that huge of a hit. Do these NBA exces don't care about personalities at all? I know most stars have some questionable antics, but Irving is probably topping them all. If you want a player of that calibre (barely top 10) you take Lillard and his great attitude,. otherwise it's not worth bothering.

The chance of Kyrie staying is like 1%. AD staying long term wouldn't be much higher, so I am ok with the situation and have accepted that we need a re-tool without stars. Maybe Horford leaves too which would open up a max slot.
We shouldn't completely re-build, but retooling seems like a good idea.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
This Raptors team is amazing and so likable. Just a great cast of young players and vets who all seem to like each other and are all pretty humble and selfless. No prima donna head cases like on most NBA teams. Go Raptors!! One more win.

I’m hoping to celebrate a Raptors championship Monday and then a Bruins Stanley Cup Wednesday.

Reactions: pgm16 and KrejciMVP

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
This Raptors team is amazing and so likable. Just a great cast of young players and vets who all seem to like each other and are all pretty humble and selfless. No prima donna head cases like on most NBA teams. Go Raptors!! One more win.

I’m hoping to celebrate a Raptors championship Monday and then a Bruins Stanley Cup Wednesday.

Lowry is a little bit of a headcase and fairly unlikable but they’re otherwise okay.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
D8itzIpWkAAavDg.png

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

I will not be upset if they win

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
lmao Lowry had to try and tell fans to stop cheering for Durant's injury. Never change, Toronto.

Dirt bag fans are going to dirt bag. And people in TO wonder why the rest of the sports world enjoys their misery? Stop cheering when opposing players get hurt and stop booing other countries national anthems. You know, show some f***ing class for a change. lol

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i’m workshopping a theory that KD’s torn achilles leads to Kyrie staying, trading for AD and KD signing in boston in 2020

Reactions: DKH and Fenway

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i’m workshopping a theory that KD’s torn achilles leads to Kyrie staying, trading for AD and KD signing in boston in 2020

Just seeing that makes me mad. I want no part in Irving coming back. Guy is a cancer, despite being incredibly talented.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It really changes the landscape for Kyrie. The idea all along was that he'd join up with KD to make a superteam, most likely with the Knicks. But if KD is going to miss pretty much all of next year with this, you can't see Kyrie going it alone in NY. With that option out the window, he either humbles himself and rejoins LeBron in LA or he stays in Boston to be the big fish here. I think his ego will lead him to stay, for better or worse.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It really changes the landscape for Kyrie. The idea all along was that he'd join up with KD to make a superteam, most likely with the Knicks. But if KD is going to miss pretty much all of next year with this, you can't see Kyrie going it alone in NY. With that option out the window, he either humbles himself and rejoins LeBron in LA or he stays in Boston to be the big fish here. I think his ego will lead him to stay, for better or worse.

The latest rumors going back to a few weeks now were that Kyrie and Jimmy Butler were going to Brooklyn, and had nothing to do with wherever Durant ended up. Anthony David had narrowed down his picks to the LA Lakers and the Knicks only. so maybe it was KD and AD in NY and Butler/Irving in Brooklyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad