Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
D8zwqZpXsAAkkdn.jpg

Is there a more entitled franchise that’s never won Jack shit?

Reactions: sarge88 and Fenway

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Interesting comments from the Fakers Assistant GM:

I'm sure he cares about his other clients and does as good a job as he can for them, but if he were my agent, I'd always assume that every piece of advice he offered me was something that was beneficial to LeBron. That LeBron's interests would always be put ahead of my own.

Bruins93

Apr 17, 2018
Boston
The NBA would be much better without Lebron at this point. I get he was a generational talent, but at this point he's washed up and his BS is ruining the game

Reactions: Economist

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Do not want 1 year of AD. Only way I'd be okay is if they had an extension in place before the deal. Otherwise, pass.

1 year of Leonard worked for Toronto though. If they could get AD without giving up Tatum I'd be ok with it. AD with no supporting cast the celtics are no different than NO last year

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
1 year of Leonard worked for Toronto though. If they could get AD without giving up Tatum I'd be ok with it. AD with no supporting cast the celtics are no different than NO last year

Different circumstances. They were obviously going nowhere with DDR, it just wasn't working for them. So by trading him for Leonard, they had the chance to be a top contender for one year and either a) keep him long term or b) lose him after one year, but getting to start over with a cleared future path by tanking.

In hindsight, he should have made the trade. But last year, nobody advised him to deal Brown (and Rozier) + for Kawhi.

I changed my mind on this again, I don't want them to trader for AD: First of all this guy hasn't proven yet that he's a winner. Mentality is a red flag and so is his injury history. Uber talented, but he does not want to be here.

What we need to do is keep developing Tatum and Brown. I can see Stevens having an easier time doing that when there are no divas like Kyrie on the roster. He may very well could have been a locker room cancer over the past season.
And then we have multiple draft picks for Ainge to strike gold. It can happen, most top teams don't need one several #1 overall picks to build their teams. Look at Toronto.

Reactions: Economist

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Doing a move like that would be fine if they weren't about to get burnt by Irving leaving in a few weeks.

And don't forget, the allure of getting AD was to entice Kyrie to resign long term, and then have AD resign long term. Without Kyrie, why would AD sign an extension here to play with a bunch of young players that are not going to realistically compete for a title for a while? He could do that in New Orleans already.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Doing a move like that would be fine if they weren't about to get burnt by Irving leaving in a few weeks.

And don't forget, the allure of getting AD was to entice Kyrie to resign long term, and then have AD resign long term. Without Kyrie, why would AD sign an extension here to play with a bunch of young players that are not going to realistically compete for a title for a while? He could do that in New Orleans already.
He is LA bound after next season, according to a lot of media.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim

Then why the heck are the Knicks his preferred destination? I wouldn't bet on the Lakers with grandpa Lebron being a perennial contender either.
You cannot have your cake (city of your choosing) and eat it too (contender). Most of the time it's either or. If he's adamant about being in NYC or LA, he has to live with the fact that he has to keep on building his own team instead of joining a contender.

But didn't Paul also say that no matter where AD's at next year that he will be testing free agency in 2020 regardless? So it's gonna be a risk for any team. And remember that: The Lakers will not waste another year of LBJ, so they are likely out for AD in 2020 if he's not being traded there.

My gut says that Ainge will do the trade for Davis and gamble big time like he did with Garnett (whose agent also said before the trade happened that KG didn't want no part of Boston). Danny thinks that a) the league is wide open with KD being out long term, b) Kyrie may not have incentive without KD to change teams and is inclined to stay if AD is here and c) even if Kyrie bolts, a team of AD, Horford, Hayward, Brown, (Capela), (Rozier) may be good enough to contend.

@pgm16: The media said the same thing about PG and several other players over the past years. They were only right with Lebron. Look, Ainge has been in the business for so long and knows NBA-divas. If he's trading for AD, I trust him that there is a decent chance to keep him long term.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Then why the heck are the Knicks his preferred destination? I wouldn't bet on the Lakers with grandpa Lebron being a perennial contender either.
You cannot have your cake (city of your choosing) and eat it too (contender). Most of the time it's either or. If he's adamant about being in NYC or LA, he has to live with the fact that he has to keep on building his own team instead of joining a contender.

But didn't Paul also say that no matter where AD's at next year that he will be testing free agency in 2020 regardless? So it's gonna be a risk for any team. And remember that: The Lakers will not waste another year of LBJ, so they are likely out for AD in 2020 if he's not being traded there.

My gut says that Ainge will do the trade for Davis and gamble big time like he did with Garnett (whose agent also said before the trade happened that KG didn't want no part of Boston). Danny thinks that a) the league is wide open with KD being out long term, b) Kyrie may not have incentive without KD to change teams and is inclined to stay if AD is here and c) even if Kyrie bolts, a team of AD, Horford, Hayward, Brown, (Capela), (Rozier) may be good enough to contend.

@pgm16: The media said the same thing about PG and several other players over the past years. They were only right with Lebron. Look, Ainge has been in the business for so long and knows NBA-divas. If he's trading for AD, I trust him that there is a decent chance to keep him long term.

I hope so

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I got infracted last night on the main board because I:

1) Congratulated STL fans
2) Told the TOR trolls celebrating the B's loss to go F*** themselves and that I hoped the Warriors came back and won the series.

To be fair, I think #2 was the culprit. My feelings haven't changed today. Never thought I would be rooting for GS at this point, but I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->