Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That was the most anticlimactic ending to a finals I can remember
Yep. Let the players celebrate. A main reason the NBA has been dead to me for years.

There was no reason to stop play with .3 seconds left for a review and still the NBA got it wrong and reset the clock. Cringeworthy. Even the NHL does better.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No disrespect meant to NBA players, the road to the championship is a grind. But when you see some Warrior players shaking hands right after the final buzzer laughing and smiling, meanwhile you see the Bruins players with tears in their eyes even long after the final buzzer, it just tells me the emotional toll of trying to win a Stanley Cup is hard to comprehend for anyone who hasn't gone down that road.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Adam Silver makes Gary Bettman look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in comparison

How is it that a major sports league is run by a lanky awkward geek?

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I would have much preferred a Bruins Cup win but this takes some of the sting away. So happy for the Raptors and all the rest of my fellow Canadians.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No disrespect meant to NBA players, the road to the championship is a grind. But when you see some Warrior players shaking hands right after the final buzzer laughing and smiling, meanwhile you see the Bruins players with tears in their eyes even long after the final buzzer, it just tells me the emotional toll of trying to win a Stanley Cup is hard to comprehend for anyone who hasn't gone down that road.
And half of the interviews are just saying hi to former teammates on other teams and stuff.

Basketball is just so weird compared to hockey.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And half of the interviews are just saying hi to former teammates on other teams and stuff.

Basketball is just so weird compared to hockey.

We are starting to see some more similarities with the way NHL players act towards one another in comparison to the NBA players. But at the same time it's still very very different.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We are starting to see some more similarities with the way NHL players act towards one another in comparison to the NBA players. But at the same time it's still very very different.
Yeah, when Panarin tried to hi-five and hug Kucherov after the Lightning/Jackets series, everyone lost their shit.

Reactions: BruinDust

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
D8_tKvkU4AE9qiY.jpg

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

NHL is a higher physical toll

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
NHL is a higher physical toll

Absolutely, were talking a contact sport vs. a non-contact sport (although with the number of fouls they call now it's getting hard to tell).

Physically, emotionally and mentally the toll on players to win the cup is just vicious. They nor I would have it any other way.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I was happy to see the Warriors go down. Sick of them now...

Leonard joins Kareem and LeBron as the only players to win the Finals MVP for two different teams, pretty good company.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If you parlayed the Blues and Raptors you would be living large right now.

I was rooting for GS. I like Kawhi and honestly the history of the Raps but just had no interest in seeing Toronto win anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad