News Article: CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yikes. Very misguided on the Eagles and, especially, Billy Joel.

The Eagles are terrible and my view on them is widely held by people who think that they are terrible. I maintain that they are the Nickelback of their time. The most radio friendly thing around.

I'm sure in 30 years Creed/Nickelback will be compared to some other, ****** radio friendly artist and the diehard Creed/Nickelback fans will say, "Yikes. Very misguided on Creed/Nickelback."

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The Eagles are terrible and my view on them is widely held by people who think that they are terrible. I maintain that they are the Nickelback of their time. The most radio friendly thing around.

I'm sure in 30 years Creed/Nickelback will be compared to some other, ****** radio friendly artist and the diehard Creed/Nickelback fans will say, "Yikes. Very misguided on Creed/Nickelback."

The Eagles best of album is one of the highest selling albums of all-time, so you really sound sorta silly.

Comparing them to Nickelback or Creed is insane.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I'd much rather watch local youth hockey teams play during intermission than this. Wannabee NFL at its finest.

PS. Ceelo sux!

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

There are a handful of Eagles songs that I like, but I've always thought they were vastly overrated in general. The Nickelback comparison is a bit harsh though…

As for Billy Joel, I completely disagree. I've always really enjoyed his music. I think his music is classic.

For reference I'm a 29 year old guy.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The Eagles best of album is one of the highest selling albums of all-time, so you really sound sorta silly.

The Spice Girls, Britany Spears and ABBA are some of the largest album selling groups of all time. Using albums sales isn't a great way of measuring 'quality', it simply measures popularity.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Hotel California went 16x platinum in the US, and The Eagles had two other albums go 7x platinum as well.

Creed has had one album go 11x platinum, and two albums go 6x platinum.

Nickelback has one album at 8x platinum and one album at 6x platinum.

So I guess if you're using album sales to justify a band's greatness, they're pretty similar with a slight edge to the Eagles, considering the fact that the other albums have been out for about 30 years less.

Again, using album sales to claim that a band isn't terrible is sorta silly, especially when you consider that Creed and Nickelback have sold like over 50 million albums combined.

But I'm not a fan of these advanced statistics, I prefer to use my ears to form an opinion. And my ears say all three are pretty bad.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Hotel California went 16x platinum in the US, and The Eagles had two other albums go 7x platinum as well.

So I guess if you're using album sales to justify a band's greatness, they're pretty similar with a slight edge to the Eagles, considering the fact that the other albums have been out for about 30 years less.

Again, using album sales to claim that a band isn't terrible is sorta silly, especially when you consider that Creed and Nickelback have sold like over 50 million albums combined.

But I'm not a fan of these advanced statistics, I prefer to use my ears to form an opinion. And my ears say all three are pretty bad.

I see what you did there…

I like it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

:laugh::handclap:

I agree, awesome post though hahaha.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Gaslight Anthem would be a solid choice if they ever went that route. Hell, The Boss could join them.

There. You've covered all bases. The young and the old.

Yeah, I totally agree with is. Gaslight sounds enough like the Boss anyways, haha

Punxrocknyc19*

Great, now we gotta stomach this fat cue ball sunglasses wearing idiot

:laugh: he looks like this guy

tumblr_lej3m0wazh1qg4tnio1_250.jpg

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I'm not a fan, but I am going for the game not a crappy musical performance.

I still think the most awkward NHL music performance was when they had that "Tonight is the Night" guy on the ice singing during player intros at the 2011 or 2012 ASG. Cringe worthy.

Holy **** that guy was great. They had those extended periods of player intros and he was just there, dancing, until the time came for him to sing for fifteen seconds again then continue dancing.

I loved it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
On one hand I'd like to see a guy or a group that's more widely associated with hockey than pop culture. On the other hand, I can't help but to remember the Ace Frehley incident at MSG for a home opener a few years back. I was embarrassed for the guy. I'd rather get someone that would put on a good show than a washed up performer or group.

hockeyfan102

Jan 14, 2014
Still have two tickets available for the game tomorrow - section 128, row 24, aisle seats. $300 for the pair. PM me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad