News Article: CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up

because every single rapper is black. their are white rappers... :help: most rappers are from the hood or jail.. not my problem they choose that lifestyle...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, CeeLo is fine. His music has broad appeal, and most of what I heard is pretty good.

Really, though, who cares? Are you going for the hockey or the music?

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
I could go on an angry, fire-breathing rant about what passes as music these days, but if I set aside my musical preferences, I can understand this choice. He is a good entertainer and quite popular.

Whatever, I just want to watch the game.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702006&navid=nhl:topheads

At the Jan. 26 face-off between the New York Rangers® and New Jersey Devils®, the cast of Jersey Boys will perform their classic hits during the pre-game festivities, which also will include a flyover by the Black Diamond Jet Team, North America's premier civilian jet team. The FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums and the NYPD Pipes and Drums will perform as the Rangers and Devils are introduced and take to the ice; members of the NYPD / FDNY Color Guard will present the game's colors. Three-time Tony Award® nominee Marin Mazzie will sing the U.S. National Anthem; New Jersey Shore rock band Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes will rock during the first intermission. The Jan. 26 game, and performances, will be broadcast live from Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC in the U.S. and CBC in Canada.

Pipes and Drums ! **** yeah!

Was it necessary to wait until 48 hours before the game to announce this? Terrible job by the NHL. I hope the product on the ice is better then the entertainment. Flyover is probably the coolest thing.

KreiMeARiver*

How about Eric Prydz or Mark Knight or The Shapeshifters or something that isn't terrible?

I'd prefer Christina Aguilera over CeeNo Green.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
For those of you complaining that the NHL wasn't doing enough in terms of entertainment and all that non-sense, I hope you are satisfied now. Let this be a lesson to all of us, be careful what you wish for.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Aug 1, 2007
Flushing, NY
I'm not going to say I don't enjoy some of the stuff Cee Lo has put out but come on NHL

Anyhow... The thing I'll be looking forward to (outside of the game of course) is the flyby by the Black Diamond Jet Team. Could care less about these performances. Most people will be retreating from the cold between periods. Especially on Wed with the temps feeling like 1 degree.

Bundle up boys and girls. Bring your forever lazy :laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
because every single rapper is black. their are white rappers... :help: most rappers are from the hood or jail.. not my problem they choose that lifestyle...

Lmfao hahahaha.

Seriously though no matter what they chose the half-time show would blow. Just go make some food or listen to your own music for 20 minutes. Better yet mute the TV and set up speakers then play whatever you want and it will look like Ceeplams is playing your music. Problem solved.

Deal with it. The entire Stadium Series concept is a joke.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Eh, CeeLo is fine. His music has broad appeal, and most of what I heard is pretty good.

Really, though, who cares? Are you going for the hockey or the music?

Basically this. I won't be going, but I can sure say that I won't spend a second watching the "halftime show" on my TV. I Just don't care. I'm watching the hockey.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You can't please everyone. You could get ****ing RHCP and half of the people clamoring for rock music would tell us how they suck, and only their old stuff is good. Or Green Day, and people would complain they're too political and they're now trash, and so on. If you're just shooting for a popular musician that appeals to a fairly large and "hip demographic, both hockey fans and non-fans alike, then CeeLo is as good as any.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702006&navid=nhl:topheads

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? :rant: are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey :shakehead

Yes please.

I don't like the chose, but it is what it is. I'm not watching the game for the performance anyway. I won't watch any of it whether it's pre-game or intermission. Thank god the ones at home have this luxury.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
BTW some are complaining that it is rap and not rock well how about this....

Jersey Boys (Pre-Game, Rangers v. Devils on Jan. 26)

Richard H. Blake, Matt Bogart, Jared Bradshaw and Christopher Messina of the cast of the Tony and Grammy Award-winning musical Jersey Boys, will perform during the pre-game festivities on Jan. 26. Jersey Boys opened on Broadway to critical acclaim on November 6, 2005 at the August Wilson Theatre. The show has been seen by more than 19 million people worldwide and is currently playing in New York; Las Vegas; London; in cities across the U.S. on a National Tour, The Netherlands and Seoul, South Korea.

Written by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice, with music by Bob Gaudio, lyrics by Bob Crewe, and directed by two-time Tony Award-winner Des McAnuff and choreographed by Sergio Trujillo, Jersey Boys is the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Jersey Boys won the 2006 Tony Award for Best Musical and the 2009 Olivier Award for Best Musical. The Original Broadway Cast Recording, produced by Bob Gaudio, received the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album and has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The Broadway production also won the 2006 Outer Critics Circle and Drama League Awards for Best Musical.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
The actual game time/ lenght of game is the same as a regular game...right..

All the entertainment is before the game and not during intermission?

What time does the puck drop?

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
The actual game time/ lenght of game is the same as a regular game...right..

All the entertainment is before the game and not during intermission?

What time does the puck drop?

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (First Intermission, Rangers v. Devils on Jan. 26)
CeeLo Green (Pre-Game and First Intermission, Rangers v. Islanders on Jan. 29)
Strawberry Fields (Second Intermission, Rangers v. Islanders on Jan. 29)- Beatles Tribute band

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Is this serious? I get that many people on here have a problem with hip-hop music, but this is disgusting. You can pretend this isn't racism if it helps you sleep, but it's still class discrimination AT BEST and it's incredibly narrow minded.

As someone whose two favorite genres of music are hip-hop and hardcore punk, I think the demographic is more similar than most people want to realize. Both scenes will of course have some people with poor "lifestyle" choices. Plenty of the rock musicians named in this thread have well documented issues with drugs and alcohol. A lot of the angst that drives hardcore and punk comes from being stuck in a ****** situation - much like those "rappers from the hood".

You can criticize a genre of music all you want, not everyone has the same taste. But your comments and the comments of others in this thread highlight a holier-than-thou complex that exists among many hockey fans, and it's alarming to say the least. That type of bigotry has no place in any sport. And honestly, it has even less of a place in punk culture, where the overall message is one of individualism and equality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia