News Article: CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
Don't forget about the singer from Destiny's Child performing too. Look, I'm all for a good show (the Roots fit the 2012 Winter Classic bill perfectly) but I don't want to feel like I'm at a Z100 concert with the crap they are giving us this week.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Not that guy I can't stand him......it was horrible when he did the MNF opening.

Punxrocknyc19*

its a shame that they could not get someone with talent like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighers, Rancid, Bad Religion, Anti-Flag (big hockey fans) Less Than Jake, etc etc

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702006&navid=nhl:topheads

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? :rant: are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey :shakehead

He isnt really a rapper. And he is pretty popular through the gnarls barkley stuff and from the Voice. He usually does more funk type stuff with a lot of dancers etc lots of covers. It could be good. Try going in to it with an open mind. It may turn out to be a **** show but it could be really good. The guy can sing and is a heck of a producer.

Do you really want another Ace Frehley back in the NY groove moment ?

Punxrocknyc19*

WTF is the NHL doing

im shocked they couldnt get one good band to do this :help::shakehead isnt Kiss performing during the Kings outdoor game...

im not much of a fan of theirs but id rather have a real band perform over some stupid dancing r&b garbabe. dancing is not music :help:

Wamsutta

I'm Glen Sather IRL
Nov 8, 2011
Connecticut
The NHL has such gnarly NFL-envy that they insist on trying to have a halftime show and it's so painfully terrible and awkward every single time. I'd rather watch the mites play in the little rink and wipe out for 30 minutes than listen to CeeLo.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
[mod]

Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up

Last edited by a moderator:

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
[mod]

I have never been to a nhl arena that plays rap music.... Even the Staples Center in LA plays all rock music for Kings games.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nice job NHL - really got your hand on the pulse of what the fans want.

Will CeeLo be patrolling the crowd and spiking people's drinks?

nikonsniper*

Do you really want another Ace Frehley back in the NY groove moment ?

Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
The Strokes
Neil Diamond
Janes Addiction
Bob Dylan
Lenny Kravitz
TV on the Radio
Anthrax
Eric Clapton
MGMT

Are all either Native New Yorkers or have extensive ties to the city. No need to reach to Ace to get a local musician.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up

Exactly. This is so disgusting.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Cee Lo is more hip-pop than rap at this point. His hit song "**** (Forget) You" had mass commercial appeal (it was covered on Glee) and he is known in many US household because he is a judge on "The Voice."

It's one thing to get pissed at the NHL for selecting a pop star instead of a rocker for this event, but getting mad because he is "ghetto," "thug," or "hood" is a grossly inaccurate characterization and racist.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm not a fan, but I am going for the game not a crappy musical performance.

I still think the most awkward NHL music performance was when they had that "Tonight is the Night" guy on the ice singing during player intros at the 2011 or 2012 ASG. Cringe worthy.

nhnyr88

Apr 1, 2012
Do you hear some of the garbage they play at Rangers home games? "I DON'T CARE" is the Rangers new fight song. :laugh:

Anyway at least I'll get to hear some Four Seasons via the Jersey Boys. And before someone gets all 'old man' on me, I'm 25. lol

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I'm not a fan, but I am going for the game not a crappy musical performance.

I still think the most awkward NHL music performance was when they had that "Tonight is the Night" guy on the ice singing during player intros at the 2011 or 2012 ASG. Cringe worthy.

Yeah, that was weird.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
Do you hear some of the garbage they play at Rangers home games? "I DON'T CARE" is the Rangers new fight song. :laugh:

Anyway at least I'll get to hear some Four Seasons via the Jersey Boys. And before someone gets all 'old man' on me, I'm 25. lol

Or that terrible U2 song when the players first come out onto the ice.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Cee Lo is more hip-pop than rap at this point. His hit song "**** (Forget) You" had mass commercial appeal (it was covered on Glee) and he is known in many US household because he is a judge on "The Voice."

It's one thing to get pissed at the NHL for selecting a pop star instead of a rocker for this event, but getting mad because he is "ghetto," "thug," or "hood" is a grossly inaccurate characterization and racist.

Or R&B. Or soul. Or just pop.

When I think of rap music Cee Lo Green is not a guy that comes to mind. When I think of gangsters Cee Lo Green is not a guy that comes to mind.

That said, I am not a fan of his music. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad