News Article: CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Status
Not open for further replies.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Don't like his music, but whatever. The NHL cares more about how many people tune in on TV than how happy the people at the actual game are with the performance.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Punxrocknyc19*

Yeah, but do you really expect them to have a punk band play as this thing?

"And now performing...the Swingin' Utters!"

they could have gotten Anti Flag.. and how many times they were featured in the NHL videogames since 2005 i think... at least if they were to get a musical act for this, they could have gotten someone who is a hockey fan.. remember when The Briggs played the LA Kings game during the playoffs a few years ago.. i bet CeeLo couldnt name 2 players from each team...

AHB*

Cee Lo is more hip-pop than rap at this point. His hit song "**** (Forget) You" had mass commercial appeal (it was covered on Glee) and he is known in many US household because he is a judge on "The Voice."

It's one thing to get pissed at the NHL for selecting a pop star instead of a rocker for this event, but getting mad because he is "ghetto," "thug," or "hood" is a grossly inaccurate characterization and racist.

While the whole racism thing is annoying, the fact that the NHL is allowing a guy who was in a scandal over the past year, regardless of whether they were true or not, is ridiculous. And the whole situation was sketchy since there are allegations that he paid off the victim in a settlement.

However, the District Attorney's Office announced that Green (real name Thomas DeCarlo Callaway) was charged today with furnishing ecstasy to a female victim. The musician allegedly slipped ecstasy to a 33-year-old female while the two were dining at a downtown Los Angeles restaurant sometime between July 13 and July 14, 2012. The two later went back to the woman's hotel.

I'm not happy with this at all.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Of all the things to complain about, you whiners choose this? I don't listen to CeeLo Green but guess what? I could not give a flying **** about him performing because I'm not 12 years old

Punxrocknyc19*

While the whole racism thing is annoying, the fact that the NHL is allowing a guy who was in a scandal over the past year, regardless of whether they were true or not, is ridiculous. And the whole situation was sketchy since there are allegations that he paid off the victim in a settlement.

I'm not happy with this at all.

im just glad they did not announce Justin Bieber as an musical act. watch the NHL save that for the NHL awards show at the end of the year since he is a hockey fan.... :rant::cry::shakehead

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
im just glad they did not announce Justin Bieber as an musical act. watch the NHL save that for the NHL awards show at the end of the year since he is a hockey fan.... :rant::cry::shakehead

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg:large

AHB*

Of all the things to complain about, you whiners choose this? I don't listen to CeeLo Green but guess what? I could not give a flying **** about him performing because I'm not 12 years old

Umm maybe because we have to sit through it and would rather see a live performance from someone a lot of us will like, rather then a guy like this who is more suited for teens/young adults.

Also, a lot of adults enjoy concerts. It's not only 12 year olds. Motley Crue, Billy Joel, Clapton, Springsteen, Eagles, I could go on and on, but those are mostly adult filled shows. Get a grip.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Umm maybe because we have to sit through it and would rather see a live performance from someone a lot of us will like, rather then a guy like this who is more suited for teens/young adults.

Also, a lot of adults enjoy concerts. It's not only 12 year olds. Motley Crue, Billy Joel, Clapton, Springsteen, Eagles, I could go on and on, but those are mostly adult filled shows. Get a grip.
Tough ****. Write a letter. I'm sure the NHL will care oh so much

AHB*

Tough ****. Write a letter. I'm sure the NHL will care oh so much

So I can't give my opinion that I don't agree with bringing in a guy who's been the center of controversy over the past few months?

Thanks....thought this was a message board. Was here to discuss but see that i'm only limited to things i can change...i'll go post in the ticket buyers discussion i guess...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

The only appropriate one you listed was Springsteen. Clapton would never play something like this, and Billy Joel, the Crue, and the Eagles are all unappealing to anyone under the age of 45.

AHB*

The only appropriate one you listed was Springsteen. Clapton would never play something like this, and Billy Joel, the Crue, and the Eagles are all unappealing to anyone under the age of 45.

Umm selective reading. I wasn't suggesting they get any of those guys. What i was saying is that older people still go to concerts. The poster above said only 12 year olds care about that kind of stuff, which is ridiculous. Many older people go to concerts, it's not something that ends when you're 14.

I'll leave though, since i don't like Cee-Lo and clearly that's a crime in this thread.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
So I can't give my opinion that I don't agree with bringing in a guy who's been the center of controversy over the past few months?

Thanks....thought this was a message board. Was here to discuss but see that i'm only limited to things i can change...i'll go post in the ticket buyers discussion i guess...
Glad you understand now

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Disagree. I'm 19 and take all of them (except Springsteen who I can't stand) over CeeLo

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Umm selective reading. I wasn't suggesting they get any of those guys. What i was saying is that older people still go to concerts. The poster above said only 12 year olds care about that kind of stuff, which is ridiculous. Many older people go to concerts, it's not something that ends when you're 14.

I'll leave though, since i don't like Cee-Lo and clearly that's a crime in this thread.

Nothing is a crime. The insane-o complaining about a popular act that has mass appeal is just annoying.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Hey you don't say that.

The amount of cougars at Crue concerts is worth the price of admission alone. That is a toolish comment but it's the damn truth.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY

Hey I'm 30 and I'd much rather listen to Clapton, Billy Joel or the Eagles any day over CeeLo Green. Eh, whatever though. I'll more than likely be waiting in line to take a piss while the show is on. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad