News Article: CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Old Anti-Flag was awesome. Their stuff from the past like 7 years just makes me shake my head.

Anti Flag has changed but they are still a good band. just saw them with Less Than Jake in november. the music i listen too is so much better than most of the mainstream crap that is out now.. sadly people rather listen to Mackelmore or some ***** like Miley Cryus and people think that is talent.. dancing like a **** is not talent and Madonna did that way better Miley Cyrus ever could.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hey I'm 30 and I'd much rather listen to Clapton, Billy Joel or the Eagles any day over CeeLo Green. Eh, whatever though. I'll more than likely be waiting in line to take a piss while the show is on. No biggie.

I love Clapton.

Most Billy Joel sucks and the Eagles are the most atrocious radio rock band of all time. The Eagles are the Nickelback of their time.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I love Clapton.

Most Billy Joel sucks and the Eagles are the most atrocious radio rock band of all time. The Eagles are the Nickelback of their time.

Correct! :handclap:

Having said that, the great thing about music is that it is subjective and people like a wide range of types. Would I listen to CeeLo pre-game? Probably not, but I have plenty of friends who would and I'd be pretty sure that in a crowd of 40k+ there would be at least 10k who are really enjoying him.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
The whole thing is gimmicky.

Just play the damn hockey game. If someone wants to hear music they can go to a concert.

Punxrocknyc19*

I don't want to go OT, but LTJ and A-F were awesome live.

yea they are. Less Than Jake knows me from my fb name haha. they are my favorite ska band.. and will the best band at warped tour this summer...

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702006&navid=nhl:topheads

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? :rant: are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey :shakehead

You realize your stereotypes are just as stupid as what you claim rap music to be? I am not an NBA fan and I love rap.

Also, Cee Lo Green isn't rap. :facepalm: What, you think he's a rapper because he's black? Wouldn't be surprising coming from you.

Punxrocknyc19*

You realize your stereotypes are just as stupid as what you claim rap music to be? I am not an NBA fan and I love rap.

Also, Cee Lo Green isn't rap. :facepalm: What, you think he's a rapper because he's black? Wouldn't be surprising coming from you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cee_Lo_Green

Thomas DeCarlo Callaway (born May 30, 1974),[2] best known by his stage name CeeLo Green (sometimes rendered as Cee Lo Green, or referred to as CeeLo), is an American recording artist from Atlanta, Georgia. A singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer and actor.

he is a rapper...

and the only reason rap music is popular with today's youth is because if they want to be a rapper, they can. they dont need to know how to play an instrument. the Beastie Boys are the best rap/rock bands to this day even though they are not around anymore are still better than the garbage people make today...

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Thomas DeCarlo Callaway (born May 30, 1974),[2] best known by his stage name CeeLo Green (sometimes rendered as Cee Lo Green, or referred to as CeeLo), is an American recording artist from Atlanta, Georgia. A singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer and actor.

he is a rapper...

and the only reason rap music is popular with today's youth is because if they want to be a rapper, they can. they dont need to know how to play an instrument. the Beastie Boys are the best rap/rock bands to this day even though they are not around anymore are still better than the garbage people make today...

To be fair, he raps in the video I posted above.

Also, everything you've posted in this thread is in stark contrast to punk ideology, and yet you have "Punxrock" in your username. Do you think that's ironic? Pls respond.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702006&navid=nhl:topheads

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? :rant: are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey :shakehead

Who owns the NY Rangers team? James Dolan.
What else does James Dolan own? The Knicks.
When was the last time the Knicks won anything? The same decade "The Bronx Is Burning."
What is the best known musical contribution of The Bronx? The birthplace of hip hop/rap.

Ergo, makes perfect sense to have these artists to play during Stadium Series New York:

Grandmaster Flash

Jennifer Lopez
Mary J. Blige
Fat Joe
French Montana

Fred the Godson

Outside of rap and hip hop...

Ace Frehley from KISS

In case you're too lazy to check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_the_Bronx#Music

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

he is a rapper...
This is the single worst post I've ever read on an internet message board and you should be ashamed for having posted it.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
they could have gotten Anti Flag.. and how many times they were featured in the NHL videogames since 2005 i think... at least if they were to get a musical act for this, they could have gotten someone who is a hockey fan.. remember when The Briggs played the LA Kings game during the playoffs a few years ago.. i bet CeeLo couldnt name 2 players from each team...

The place will probably be filled with soldiers, cops, and firemen… do you really think they'll have a band names Anti-Flag? I'd love a punk or alternative band, but who really cares…

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Who owns the NY Rangers team? James Dolan.
What else does James Dolan own? The Knicks.
When was the last time the Knicks won anything? The same decade "The Bronx Is Burning."
What is the best known musical contribution of The Bronx? The birthplace of hip hop/rap.
Well not exactly. The Knicks & Rangers are owned by MSG sports which is owned by the The Madison Square Garden Company, which is a public entity. The fact that Jim Dolan is chairman of that company is completely mind blowing given that the Dolans own less than 0.5% of the entire company. As long as the company is growing and making money, the board of directors couldn't care less how the sports teams are doing and their buddy Jim has free reign

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Well not exactly. The Knicks & Rangers are owned by MSG sports which is owned by the The Madison Square Garden Company, which is a public entity. The fact that Jim Dolan is chairman of that company is completely mind blowing given that the Dolans own less than 0.5% of the entire company. As long as the company is growing and making money, the board of directors couldn't care less how the sports teams are doing and their buddy Jim has free reign

Thanks for the update; it's really hard to live down the pre-spin off days (read: the days when Cablevision owned the Rangers and Knicks), to the point his ownership days became fuel for the rap diss, "I leave chicks like Ewing, knees hurt with no ring."

Oh, also, since Stadium Series NY is in The Bronx, why not add the aforementioned artists I listed? After all, they are from The Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad