Sportsnet: Ceci undergoes an arbitration hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ceci is like Phaneuf.. A good defensemen who gets played above his ability. He's a #5 who is played like a #3. Throw him on a team bottom pair and he would be one of the most under rated guys in the game. He needs to have depth in front of him.

If he needs to be a #5 to succeed he's not that good...

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm a Senators fan but Ceci can keep dreaming if he thinks he's getting 6 million per season. I think he'll get between 4 and 5 million per.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Quality depth pieces can be just as important as quality star pieces.

So I'm to believe a #5 defenseman can be just as important as a #1 defenseman?

No...

LifeAfterAlfie

Sep 4, 2013
I predict that they will award Ceci $3.5M. I would go with the Sens offer, but the arbitrator will give him a bit extra for the minutes he played.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Ceci is like Phaneuf.. A good defensemen who gets played above his ability. He's a #5 who is played like a #3. Throw him on a team bottom pair and he would be one of the most under rated guys in the game. He needs to have depth in front of him.
I think this is pretty generous. but even if he does become a good bottom pairing guy, he wouldn't be worth 4-5 million. he's actually pretty comparable to Steve Santini

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
If arbiter goes down the middle at 4.5-4.75, does Ottawa take the contract, or release him?

It would not happen even at 6M suspect, simply for the fact that a right hand shot with 2nd pairing offense and the ability to play against the leagues top players for that many minutes would fetch a decent price at the deadline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Montour just signed his bridge deal, Ceci just finished his. Not the same situation.
I don't see why that should matter. This arbitration deal can only be 1 or 2 years, which is also a bridge deal.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So if Ceci gets the middle and gets like 4.7 or whatever it is, do the Sens let him walk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad