Sportsnet: Ceci undergoes an arbitration hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The most impressive thing about Ceci is that he both sucks and blows.

Here is Ceci's new promo pic for the 2018-19 season
5947932.attach

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know he played a whole bunch of minutes last year but I don’t know that I want to give even what the Sens were offering.

I’m pretty sure that’s the bare minimum qualifying offer so...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I could see the Sens walking away from 4.75 for sure, especially with cheap ass Melnyk. Also, Ceci just isn't really that good to be honest.

They won’t walk away from 4.75. Stop pretending you know things. You don’t.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
They won’t walk away from 4.75. Stop pretending you know things. You don’t.

I didnt "pretend to know things". Guess you missed the part that said "I can see". Its called speculation. Walking away from that contract would be the smart thing to do instead of paying a bottom pairing guy almost 5 million per.

Lighten up.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I didnt "pretend to know things". Guess you missed the part that said "I can see". Its called speculation. Walking away from that contract would be the smart thing to do instead of paying a bottom pairing guy almost 5 million per.

Lighten up.

There’s literally zero chance of them walking away, so I don’t see how you “can see” it happening.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I would walk away from $2M for Ceci so... this is a lose lose for Ottawa. They are better without him.

This is true but he's from our suburbs and there's a segment of the fanbase that really glomms onto local players (never understood this myself), so Dorion will overpay, and the media will push him hard. Hell, one of our radio guys, Lee Versage, practically is in love with him and refuses to address his many flaws...so the overpay is coming.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I see people refer to him as a shut down guy to turn away the focus from his unimpressive - to put it mildly - offensive game, but what does he actually shut down?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Because signing someone who sucks to 5 million a year is stupid.

Not that hard.

I’m the furthest thing from a fan of Ceci, I was down on him before anyone else. I have my issues with his game but you and just about every else in this thread are underrating him pretty serverly. He can be a solid middle pair guy, unfortunately in Ottawa he is asked to do too much. Reminds me a lot of Petry’s usage in Edmonton. Walking away would be a pretty big mistake, not because I believe in Ceci but because with the trade of Karlsson it would leave a very big hole on the right side. Seriously. It would be massive.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
This is an interesting arbitration hearing, in most of these cases they take the guy to arbitration because they don't value the player as highly as the player does (see PK Subban) or there's contractual issues (Weber/Trouba), it's rare that a team goes to arbitration with a player they think so highly of.

Ottawa clearly overvalues the player and any other team that loved Ceci as much as the Sens do would have locked him up already, but they're also cheap as hell.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
arbitration is UGLY for a player... I cant imagine how bad Sens management will be ripping Ceci apart in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad