CCHL 2016/2017 Season

Godin22

Mar 6, 2017
Rockland and Cumberland Finish Trade

Rockland sends Sanders to the Grads to complete a trade made earlier in the season.

Sanders is a D-man who spent last year playing for the U18 AAA Rangers putting up 0.42 ppg from the back end.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
Sanders didn't fit in to what the Nats "vision" is I guess. He played solid minutes the past 2 years at U18 and was a key success to the D-core. Another one of those head scratching moves for the Nats.

Gotta question their decisions when they send someone like Blacksmith to another team for what essentially amounted to nothing.

Lots of hype around Rockland for next year, but I think they will just continue to disappoint.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Sanders didn't fit in to what the Nats "vision" is I guess. He played solid minutes the past 2 years at U18 and was a key success to the D-core. Another one of those head scratching moves for the Nats.

Gotta question their decisions when they send someone like Blacksmith to another team for what essentially amounted to nothing.

Lots of hype around Rockland for next year, but I think they will just continue to disappoint.

I simply don't agree. I think they are headed in the right direction and have some really good hockey people in place. They have come a long way in the past 6 months.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016

Gloucester Rangers became a different team last season since the ownership change and had some pretty good upset wins. The new ownership had their hands tied because there were probably limited cards left to play with and I am glad they tried to stick with the players they had giving them a chance to prove themselves instead of cleaning house mid season.

Blacksmith wasn't going back to Rangers so might as well get a little instead of nothing.

I haven't had a chance to see how Rockland did at the bantam draft so did they go local or take top kids available? I consider the bantam draft as first thing new ownership did and will be interesting how well they do for recruiting players to strengthen their CCHL club.

I personally hope they can do well and add even more parity to the league. I would rather see a team come in the rink and know it is going to be a good game instead of easy 2 points.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Who is Left for the RBC?

Who’s Left The only two places remaining to be decided in the Royal Bank Cup play downs are in the Fred Page Cup.

Fred Page Cup (May 3- May 7)
CCHL- Carleton Place leads Ottawa 3-1.
LHJQ- Terrebonne defeats Longueuil 4-1. Longueuil is the LHJQ Rep
MHL- Miramichi and Truro are tied 2-2. Next 2 games are Monday & Wednesday.
Host: Terrebonne
CJHL Rankings: Terrebonne (3); Longueuil (6); Carleton Place (7) & Ottawa (HM). The MHL winner will be the only unranked CJHL team in this cup

Western Canada Cup (April 29-May 7)
AJHL- Brooks defeats Whitecourt 4-0.
BCHL- Penticton defeats Chilliwack 4-1. Chilliwack is the BCHL Rep
MJHL- Portage defeats OCN 4-2.
SJHL- Battlefords defeats Flin Flon 4-0.
Host: Penticton
CJHL Rankings: Brooks(1); Battlefords(5); Chilliwack (10) & Penticton(17). Portage is the only unranked CJHL team in this cup.

Dudley-Hewitt Cup (May 2- May 7)
OJHL: Trenton leads Georgetown 3-2. If Trenton wins the OJHL then Georgetown is the OJHL Rep
SIJHL- Dryden sweeps English River 4-0. Dryden did not lose a playoff game.
NOJHL- Powassan sweeps Blind River 4-0. Powassan did not lose a playoff game.
Host: Trenton
CJHL Rankings: Georgetown(3);Powassan (9); Trenton (10) & Dryden (12)

Royal Bank Cup (May 13-21)
Dudley-Hewitt Cup winner
Fred Page Cup winner
Western Canada Cup winner
Western Canada Cup runner up
Host: Cobourg Cougars

Final Game is to be televised on the TSN Network @ 5 p.m.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Carleton Place dispatches OJS in five games, though it was hardly a 5-game type of series. All four of CP's victories were decided by a single goal -- two in overtime.

Have to feel for Marty Dagenais w/Ottawa, to have pushed CP so hard in back-to-back years with nothing to show for it. Credit to Jason Clarke for continually icing elite teams despite significant roster turnover.

Much has been said of attendance and general interest in many of the league's markets, so I'm going to put this out for discussion: What does the CCHL have to do (realistically, within existing parameters of pay-to-play and import structure) to boost interest/attendance?

Pembroke should sort itself if PLK can recapture some of its former glory. Other markets like Brockville, Hawkesbury, etc?

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
AJHL- Brooks defeats Whitecourt 4-0.
BCHL- Penticton defeats Chilliwack 4-1. Chilliwack is the BCHL Rep
MJHL- Portage defeats OCN 4-2.
SJHL- Battlefords defeats Flin Flon 4-0.
Host: Penticton

Penticton leads Chilliwack 3-2, but you're right in that both teams will play for the WCC.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Who is left for the RBC

Fred Page Cup (May 3- May 7)
Miramichi leads Truro 3-2. Game 6 is Wednesday night with a possible Game 7 on Friday night. Regional cup play-down attendance is on the line.

As correctly pointed out by Sidekick, the BCHL title remains undecided as the series is knotted at 3-3 with the deciding game on April 25. Chilliwack has home ice advantage. No matter the winner, both teams will participate in their regional cup play-down.

Dudley-Hewitt Cup (May 2- May 7)
Trenton & Georgetown are tied with home ice advantage to Georgetown with Game 7 on Wednesday night. No matter the winner, both teams will participate in their regional cup play-down.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Congrats To Carleton Place

Congratulations to Clarke,Staff, Players, and Families good luck the rest of the Way

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
CPC loses game one of the Fred Page Cup in a bleeping shootout. I had no idea that shootouts are part of this tournament.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
CPC loses game one of the Fred Page Cup in a bleeping shootout. I had no idea that shootouts are part of this tournament.

Both goalies played 70 minutes so they must have had 10 minute overtime. I never liked shootouts, rather see 3 on 3 for 5 minutes, then 2 on 2 for 5 minutes and finally 1 on 1 sudden death.
No worries, Clarke will have his team ready for next two games.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
College Francais dominated the play most of the game. Faster team and better structured than CPC.

Terrebonne are favorite....they are very very very good.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
CPC loses game two, also in a shootout. Usually when you score 7 goals you win. Not today.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
So I dunno when Hockey Canada or the CJHL went to the 3pt per game set-up but it can some weird scenarios.

Such as tomorrow Carleton Place needing to just take the game to OT to advance. Even if they lose (in OT) that extra point would give them 3 total to Truro's 2 ..so you can advance without winning a game....

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
CPC was better yesterday. What a game to watch. Let's hope thos team meet again down the road.

Truro are avg....

3 others teams are about the same caliber.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
As expected, CPC eliminated the MHL team. Now they just have to beat both Quebec teams. The last time a team from the Q won the Fred Page Cup was 11 years ago.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
College Francais is a physical defensive club .

Will be a good game tomorrow and I expect the powerhouse Cobras to win sunday....

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Royal Bank Cup Finalists

Western Canada Cup
Brooks, Alberta wins their first ever Cup championship and have secured a place at the Royal Bank Cup by defeating Chilliwack. Today, there is a play-in game to decide the other Western Cup representative at the Royal Bank Cup. Chilliwack plays Pentiction who knocked out Battlefords. Pentiction was not only the host but also the BCJHL champion.

Dudley-Hewitt Cup
The two OJHL teams (Georgetown & Trenton) in this Cup will be playing for the championship. A rematch from the OJHL championship. The last 2 games with these teams have been 1-0 Georgetown wins. The winner has a berth at the Royal Bank Cup.

Fred Page Cup
As noted above by DukeGuy, Carleton Place will be playing the host, Terrebonne, for the Cup championship. The winner moves onto the Royal Bank Cup.

Royal Bank Cup (May 13-21)
So two teams have their positions at the national championshp - Brooks and the host team Coourg.
Final Championship Game is to be televised on the TSN Network May 21 @ 5 p.m.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Rumour is there is new ownership of Kemptville 73s. If true, Mr. Tugnutt should be thanked for raising the standard in Kemptville and bringing a very competitive team to each game and a place where players actually wanted to play again. Good luck th future endeavours and hopefully Terry Nichols sticks around with new ownership because I think he does a great job with his players, parents and only one of two GM who come on here to give us facts to clear discussions.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
No rumour. A press release was issued yesterday mentioning former NHL player Jason York as part of the new ownership group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad