CCHL 2016/2017 Season

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
You can't be serious about comparing The Braves to a Prep School. The goal of the new format was to get more local kids in the league not to bankrupt families.

Was a comment everyone has choices in how they spend there money.

Didnt say i agree or disagree

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
Dont own a minor hockey team

Ill break this down for you.....

Hockey in this region was taken over 2 years ago by people who run hockey as a business. No one should be surprised they are bringing in a new customer base.

A poster was upset that Minor hockey was taken over buy people who run it like for profit business.

You then said....

Imagine that hockey run like a business.....

Which prompted me to say

Minor hockey is being run like a for profit business?

That sounds incredibly greedy.

Didn't think it was that hard to follow.....

Regardless, the point is, and you've acknowledged it with your post on July 20th, minor hockey is being run as a for profit business and no one should have an issue with that.

Are CPU18/HEOMidget teams registered as a non profit?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Ill break this down for you.....

A poster was upset that Minor hockey was taken over buy people who run it like for profit business.

You then said....

Which prompted me to say

Didn't think it was that hard to follow.....

Regardless, the point is, and you've acknowledged it with your post on July 20th, minor hockey is being run as a for profit business and no one should have an issue with that.

Are CPU18/HEOMidget teams registered as a non profit?

Please go to HEO u18AAA thread if you want to discuss minor hockey please.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Anyone know why they realigned the teams in the two divisions? Cornwall and Hawkesbury move to Yzerman while Pembroke and Kanata move to Robinson division. Looks like an East and West division but will anything else change like more division games?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
I was just following the flow of a 1/2 page of an organic conversation. Its the offseason, not like there's much else to take about.

Understood but 1/2 a page turns into numerous pages in a hurry. You will never get an honest answer on here anyways.

How many u18AAA kids from last year will make the jump to CCHL this year coming up? Moving on to CCHL2 is a fail in my opinion. Most of the 1999s from first year ended up in CCHL2, so will be interested to see if after second year will be different.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Understood but 1/2 a page turns into numerous pages in a hurry. You will never get an honest answer on here anyways.

How many u18AAA kids from last year will make the jump to CCHL this year coming up? Moving on to CCHL2 is a fail in my opinion. Most of the 1999s from first year ended up in CCHL2, so will be interested to see if after second year will be different.

Why is it considered a fail? It should be the natural progression in a 3 tier system...U18 to CCHL2 to CCHL is how the system is set up now.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Why is it considered a fail? It should be the natural progression in a 3 tier system...U18 to CCHL2 to CCHL is how the system is set up now.

Getting people to transition their mindset for Jr B to CCHL2 will take time.

Jr B was always considered a step down for players who could not make or had already finished in Jr A.

If they were to completely cut the 19 and 20 year olds out of CCHL2 that would help.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Getting people to transition their mindset for Jr B to CCHL2 will take time.

Jr B was always considered a step down for players who could not make or had already finished in Jr A.

If they were to completely cut the 19 and 20 year olds out of CCHL2 that would help.

Sorry but Junior hockey is after minor and as of today minor hockey ends at the end of your 17th year. Therefore junior can only survive with 18,19,and 20 year olds. That's why this area went to 21 year old(4 per team)at Junior B.
When KA took over Junior B he talked the owners into eliminating the 21 year olds ( because you lose a year of NCAA if you play past your 21 birthday. Plus most teams paid the 21 year olds so that also goes against NCAA rules.)That is why some players stop playing Junior A/B after there birthday if the have a NCAA school package.
Only a guess but I think part of the deal was, You change from Junior B to CCHL2 get rid of 21 year olds and I will put a cap on 17 year olds at U18 so you have enough players for a league. This idea makes both the CCHL2 and U18 weaker.

When you control three ( 3 ) leagues you can make the rules as you go to suit the climate. IMO

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Sorry but Junior hockey is after minor and as of today minor hockey ends at the end of your 17th year. Therefore junior can only survive with 18,19,and 20 year olds. That's why this area went to 21 year old(4 per team)at Junior B.
When KA took over Junior B he talked the owners into eliminating the 21 year olds ( because you lose a year of NCAA if you play past your 21 birthday. Plus most teams paid the 21 year olds so that also goes against NCAA rules.)That is why some players stop playing Junior A/B after there birthday if the have a NCAA school package.
Only a guess but I think part of the deal was, You change from Junior B to CCHL2 get rid of 21 year olds and I will put a cap on 17 year olds at U18 so you have enough players for a league. This idea makes both the CCHL2 and U18 weaker.

When you control three ( 3 ) leagues you can make the rules as you go to suit the climate. IMO

I don't see your point. Junior hockey does not start when Minor hockey ends...in fact I think you can say that Juvenile is Minor Hockey since it is/was governed by HEO Minor Council.

If you want all 17/18 year olds to stay in Major Midget, I guess that is a different argument all together.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016

Play two years of u18AAA for $12K plus then go to CCHL2 where most kids played B Rep most of their lives, one practice per week where older players leave the ice if asked to skate, older guys don't show up for Sunday afternoon games because hungover after Saturday's game is a fail to me. Removing the 21 yr old players is really going to weaken the talent.

If you play u18AAA two years then don't make CCHL at 17 then don't keep thinking you will get a D1 scholarship because percentage if CCHL players receiving them is low as it is.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Play two years of u18AAA for $12K plus then go to CCHL2 where most kids played B Rep most of their lives, one practice per week where older players leave the ice if asked to skate, older guys don't show up for Sunday afternoon games because hungover after Saturday's game is a fail to me. Removing the 21 yr old players is really going to weaken the talent.

If you play u18AAA two years then don't make CCHL at 17 then don't keep thinking you will get a D1 scholarship because percentage if CCHL players receiving them is low as it is.[/QUOTE]

Bold 1 $12K to Play U18? What was AAA?
Bold 2 So CCHL2 is the same as U 18? Filled with rep B players IYO.
Underlined 1 You know this from experience?
Bold 3 Same as removing 17 year olds from U18 it weakens the league.
Underline 2 Glad to see after two years you now realize that it is about money not development.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016

If you play u18AAA two years then don't make CCHL at 17 then don't keep thinking you will get a D1 scholarship because percentage if CCHL players receiving them is low as it is.[/QUOTE]

Bold 1 $12K to Play U18? What was AAA?
Bold 2 So CCHL2 is the same as U 18? Filled with rep B players IYO.
Underlined 1 You know this from experience?
Bold 3 Same as removing 17 year olds from U18 it weakens the league.
Underline 2 Glad to see after two years you now realize that it is about money not development.

Bold 1 $12K is just fees so not counting fuel or any other expenses.
Bold 2. U18 is filled with mainly AAA and AA kids, CCHL2 is majority B Rep
Underlined 1 just look at the numbers and tell me what odds are
Bold 3 Can't even argue removing a 21 yr old( some who played CCHL up to 20) and replacing with a 17 yr old won't weaken league. Just the leadership in room and on ice will be lost. A lot of players are deciding to go to university at 18 and not focus on hockey as much either because they can't afford $3K while in school.
Underline 2. Unfortunately everything is about money now so everyone needs to become a better consumer and invest what is best for the future.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Bold 1 $12K is just fees so not counting fuel or any other expenses.
Bold 2. U18 is filled with mainly AAA and AA kids, CCHL2 is majority B Rep
Underlined 1 just look at the numbers and tell me what odds are
Bold 3 Can't even argue removing a 21 yr old( some who played CCHL up to 20) and replacing with a 17 yr old won't weaken league. Just the leadership in room and on ice will be lost. A lot of players are deciding to go to university at 18 and not focus on hockey as much either because they can't afford $3K while in school.
Underline 2. Unfortunately everything is about money now so everyone needs to become a better consumer and invest what is best for the future.

So No increased advancement to CCHL, No tournaments for 15 year olds, decreased OHL draft numbers of 15 year olds 2 years in a row. U 18 is a fail as far a development of local HEO players. Imports are next (you watch) reducing the chances of area HEO kids again. Little or no information about the league on website. They treat the parents like mushrooms (keep them in the dark then open up the door and throw **** on them). Just about CCHL owners making money. They will change nothing unless it is to make more money for CCHL owners.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
IOB to coach the Grads

Looks like Tony IOB has been selected to take over for Favreau with the Grads. In 74 games with Kanata, he had a 9-64-0-1 record, but some may argue his hands were tied within that organization.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Looks like Tony IOB has been selected to take over for Favreau with the Grads. In 74 games with Kanata, he had a 9-64-0-1 record, but some may argue his hands were tied within that organization.

Tony is a good hockey guy, didn't have much pull while with Kanata, will have a voice not just on the bench but also on the management side of things with the Grads so I think it is a win win for both sides.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Anyone know who writes the juniorhockeynews articles? I can't believe how they ranked leagues this year. I am sorry but GOJHL is nowhere near CCHL caliber and there are many more mistakes.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone know who writes the juniorhockeynews articles? I can't believe how they ranked leagues this year. I am sorry but GOJHL is nowhere near CCHL caliber and there are many more mistakes.

I agree that this "ranking" is a joke, but your example of why is not a good one. The top teams in the GOJHL are absolutely at the same calibre as the top CCHL teams.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015

I want to remind all readers that this series of articles rating the junior hockey leagues in North America is based upon independent opinions and analysis of scouts throughout the United States and Canada.
This rating is based upon the 2016-2017 season and nothing more.* A leagues history does not come into account in any way.* It is a statement on development of players and how hard those leagues work to move players up to higher levels.
The criteria that was used in rating these twenty leagues, was how do teams within the leagues compare when developing players who move on to the NHL, NCAA, Canadian University, USHL, NAHL, Canada Junior A*and Major Junior*hockey programs.

Looks very clear to me. They have a criteria, they stated it and ranked leagues using the above criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->