CCHL 2014-2015 season

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
Although the series has been very tight so far, it is obvious that Pembroke is the more talented team. They are way more physical, and in the playoffs, with the referees not calling much, we know how important this is. OJS overachieved all year, while the Lumber Kings cruised through the regular season, but now it counts and Pembroke is all in. They did the same thing last year, and almost knocked out Carleton Place in the semis.

As for the game last night, I would agree with Dagenais. It was a disgrace to watch Lumber Kings players dive all over the ice, and then there was the hit on Savard where only Ottawa was penalized. Savard apparently suffered a concussion on the play, and was replaced by Andriano.

I also agree that the league wants to see a CP-Pembroke final, but unlike many other people at the rink last night, I won't blame Kevin Abrams. I think the referees have just been bad in this series, and unfortunately for OJS, they have been on the receiving end of most of these questionable calls.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Although the series has been very tight so far, it is obvious that Pembroke is the more talented team. They are way more physical, and in the playoffs, with the referees not calling much, we know how important this is. OJS overachieved all year, while the Lumber Kings cruised through the regular season, but now it counts and Pembroke is all in. They did the same thing last year, and almost knocked out Carleton Place in the semis.

As for the game last night, I would agree with Dagenais. It was a disgrace to watch Lumber Kings players dive all over the ice, and then there was the hit on Savard where only Ottawa was penalized. Savard apparently suffered a concussion on the play, and was replaced by Andriano.

I also agree that the league wants to see a CP-Pembroke final, but unlike many other people at the rink last night, I won't blame Kevin Abrams. I think the referees have just been bad in this series, and unfortunately for OJS, they have been on the receiving end of most of these questionable calls.

I would agree that OJS over achieved all year, IMO they are not really as deep with talented players as some people say they are but they work very hard. IMO Savard is the best goalie in the league and was probably league MVP, I was shocked he was not awarded top goalie. On the other hand Pembroke has a lot more high end talent that is just starting to turn it up for the playoffs, my personal opinion is that this series is over if Savard is gone.

Hockeydude55

Dec 26, 2014
OJS needs more size up front if they truly want to compete as people have said. PLK has more skill but have some bigger players up front too.

dirk

Jun 17, 2009
CP Cornwall Broadcast

well thats 10 bucks and 2.5hrs I will never get back!!!!

Its great watching a livestream when the local yocals in Cornwalls have a dial up modem pushing out the stream! That quality was a joke…Fred Page Cup eh??

And the two dirt farmers doing the play by play need to learn a few numbers other than 5 players from Cornwall…

Good news…we all get to suffer through at least one more broadcast from the city of 1000 smells!!!

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

mathew93

Dec 21, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What happened to Sturtz from CP, not on the last boxscores.

Not sure what the deal is. I haven't heard anything from anyone about it. I know he sat out game 4 vs. Nepean, but I'm guessing that was just for rest since a couple of others guys sat out as well.

Last edited:

myviewfromthestands

Oct 7, 2012
Volunteers are what make FastHockey go in most of our rinks. Rather than knock those who give their time come out and help a team make things better. We can sit here and make a list of what is wrong with every broadcast in every rink - but what does that change? Nothing. Make a phone call and find out what you can do to make change.

Not happy with some aspect of the broadcast - then do not watch it... turn off the sound.... just stop complaining.....

Last edited:

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
Volunteers are what make FastHockey go in most of our rinks. Rather than knock those who give their time come out and help a team make things better. We can sit here and make a list of what is wrong with every broadcast in every rink - but what does that change? Nothing. Make a phone call and find out what you can do to make change.

Not happy with some aspect of the broadcast - then do not watch it... turn off the sound.... just stop complaining.....

Thanks for setting the forum straight. We forget or at times don't realize how important volunteers are in hockey rinks throughout this great nation.

Last edited:

pppuckman

Feb 29, 2012
Joke teams in the CCHL:

Gloucester - owner on the bench who knows very little, rarely speaks to players, has little respect throughout the league and heard the whole coaching staff quit
Kanata - 2 coaching staffs this season

Who else?

Last edited:

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
Joke teams in the CCHL:

Gloucester - owner on the bench who knows very little, rarely speaks to players, has little respect throughout the league and heard the whole coaching staff quit
Kanata - 2 coaching staffs this season

Who else?

Actually 3 coaching staffs this season. Something like 10 coaches (Heads and assistants, in the calendar year after the entire staff quit at the end of last season)

Not to mention, trainers, equipment guys, volunteers all left too. Way to go John Hill

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
CPC vs PLK. The referees will be busy. Shaping up to be a interesting (and entertaining?) series. These two teams seem to "hate" each other. CP in 6?

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
CPC in 6. Pembroke a good team, but not that good.

They both play the same kind of game and CPC does it better. They also know how to win games when the focus isn't necessarily on the play between whistles. Pembroke did a lot of whining and diving in the OJS series, it won't work for them in Carleton Place.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
CPC in 6. Pembroke a good team, but not that good. They both play the same kind of game, but CPC does it better. They also know how to win games when the focus isn't necessarily on the play between whistles. Pembroke did a lot of whining and diving in the OJS series, it won't work for them in Carleton Place.

It was kind of funny watching the league's 'toughest' team falling all over the ice. High sticks, slashes, etc. appeared out of nowhere. That being said, Pemby was the better team in the third period last night when it counted, full marks for the win.

CP in 5. Two teams that play similar styles, but CP just, as you said, does it better. They'll also be a bit fresher, as I don't think Cornwall pushed them the same way OJS pushed Pembroke.

Piccolino v Therrien in net...hm. Will be interesting.

I personally just think Jason Clarke and Dale McTavish should have a charity boxing fight to decide who wins the championship. :yo::laugh:

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
It was kind of funny watching the league's 'toughest' team falling all over the ice. High sticks, slashes, etc. appeared out of nowhere. That being said, Pemby was the better team in the third period last night when it counted, full marks for the win.

CP in 5. Two teams that play similar styles, but CP just, as you said, does it better. They'll also be a bit fresher, as I don't think Cornwall pushed them the same way OJS pushed Pembroke.

I personally just think Jason Clarke and Dale McTavish should have a charity boxing fight to decide who wins the championship. :yo::laugh:

HAHAHAHA, Oh Connor, pull your skirt down, your bias is showing.

Dagenais whines and crys then flat out lies when he claims Watt has concussion symptons. Just how many shifts did that kid miss??? Watt played great and was a huge factor in game 6 while Nellis sat in the stands. How many times did Michel die on the ice only to play on the ensueing power play. It's kinda funny to see someone grabbing his fish bowl in pain. Don't forget about the real non-call that left Chase bloodied in game 4 (think it was game 4). He sat with real concussion symptoms.

I think it's safe to say the refs (perhaps the league) played a rather large, perhaps too large, a role in this series in both directions.

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
CPC vs PLK. The referees will be busy. Shaping up to be a interesting (and entertaining?) series. These two teams seem to "hate" each other. CP in 6?

CP have one big gun, Sturtz, IF PLKs can neutralize him it will be a long series. CPC better coaches, PLK coaching....?? Best team wins.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

Who ever said Pembroke was "tough", not sure there is a tough team in the league, very few in hockey at any level. There could be lots of academy awards handed out to both teams in the final, no one hams it up more to get penalties than CP, especially there top players. I am going to call the upset, Pembroke in 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad