CCHL 2014-2015 season

afooteCCHL

Feb 17, 2015
Looking at the cchl website and watched the houseedge media production of game 7 highlights ojs vs pem. Well done I thought. The OJs backup goalie played well by the few minutes shown. The last goal was not the all-star dmans best play I guess. Do many games have clips done?

If you go to the Boxscore and click "Game Live" a lot of the games have the goals clipped under the Highlights section (not Game 3 though). The "Video" section has a 5-second ad before every clip.

The best are the teams or volunteers that clip them to YouTube, very much appreciated.

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
Jmo, but Pembroke should try something different, like starting Green.

That's only part of the problem. As long as the league is gonna protect CP, the Kings will be headed to the box on a regular basis. I understand that the goal is to bring home the RBC Cup to the CCHL, but this is a pretty cheap way to go about it. My question is this, was McTavish consulted on the plan?

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
After two periods

CP with 4 high sticks and an elbow not called.

PLK- 5 min major head contact called on Mueller's hit on Sturtz. Hard to fault Mueller for being upset about the call.

Two sets of rules in this series. Too bad.

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
Old
04-08-2015, 07:52 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
CPC in 6. Pembroke a good team, but not that good. They both play the same kind of game, but CPC does it better. They also know how to win games when the focus isn't necessarily on the play between whistles. Pembroke did a lot of whining and diving in the OJS series, it won't work for them in Carleton Place.
It was kind of funny watching the league's 'toughest' team falling all over the ice. High sticks, slashes, etc. appeared out of nowhere. That being said, Pemby was the better team in the third period last night when it counted, full marks for the win.

CP in 5. Two teams that play similar styles, but CP just, as you said, does it better. They'll also be a bit fresher, as I don't think Cornwall pushed them the same way OJS pushed Pembroke.

Piccolino v Therrien in net...hm. Will be interesting.

I personally just think Jason Clarke and Dale McTavish should have a charity boxing fight to decide who wins the championship.

Note the date.

Mr. macdavid,

Tip of the hat sir, you called it.

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario
After two periods

CP with 4 high sticks and an elbow not called.

PLK- 5 min major head contact called on Mueller's hit on Sturtz. Hard to fault Mueller for being upset about the call.

Two sets of rules in this series. Too bad.

The refs have had a hate on for the Kings all series long. I have been at all the games. Long and short Jason out coached Dale and Therien was better the Picolino. It's very sad as this could have been a very good series. Jason is the new poster boy now that Sheldon is gone. :handclap:

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
@knowtherules Thanks boss! Figured since I was pretty much the only person contributing on here regularly I'd mix in some slightly different predictions! :sarcasm:

Spoke with both coaches after today's game. Tones very different, but both basically ended with "against those guys". This rivalry has been heated for years to come, I think. :yo:

Year-end CCHL power rankings:

1. Carleton Place
2. Pembroke
3. Ottawa
4. Cornwall
5. Hawkesbury
6. Gloucester
7. Brockville
8. Smiths Falls
9. Kemptville
10. Nepean
11. Cumberland
12. Kanata

Storylines for next year:
- Can Kanata claw their way out of the basement with questionable leadership?
- Will the Grads turn into the playoff team many are expecting them to be?
- With both CP and Pembroke losing key guys, will they still be the cream of the league in 15-16?
- Can Martin Dagenais defy the odds and make a city team a true contender for the first time in three years?
- How will Hawkesbury develop under Ric Dorval?

All that and more in next year's edition of the CCHL

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
That's only part of the problem. As long as the league is gonna protect CP, the Kings will be headed to the box on a regular basis. I understand that the goal is to bring home the RBC Cup to the CCHL, but this is a pretty cheap way to go about it. My question is this, was McTavish consulted on the plan?

...you know that Abrams is from the Pembroke area, right? I was at three games in this final, including today's in CP. Nothing wrong with the officiating in this series. Pembroke was extremely undisciplined, especially their goaltender. He shouldn't have started after game three and shouldn't have been left in for that game either.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Storylines for next year:
- Can Kanata claw their way out of the basement with questionable leadership?
- Will the Grads turn into the playoff team many are expecting them to be?
- With both CP and Pembroke losing key guys, will they still be the cream of the league in 15-16?
- Can Martin Dagenais defy the odds and make a city team a true contender for the first time in three years?
- How will Hawkesbury develop under Ric Dorval?

All that and more in next year's edition of the CCHL

No, Kanata will be at the bottom once again. They have some work to do, and even if they want to begin trending in the right direction, it'll take a year or so of more basement dwelling.

Cumberland by far the youngest team in the league, and have some very impressive prospects who have yet to join their roster. I have them in between 5th and 7th place next year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see CP and Pembroke in the final again next season. Two great programs, and two great developers behind the bench.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
...you know that Abrams is from the Pembroke area, right? I was at three games in this final, including today's in CP. Nothing wrong with the officiating in this series. Pembroke was extremely undisciplined, especially their goaltender. He shouldn't have started after game three and shouldn't have been left in for that game either.

No he's not. I believe he's from Kingston.

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario

Abrams is definitely not from Pembroke, he up a left shortly after Sheldon left. I guess he had no use for the area. There was no doubt that Piconlino was and is a loose cannon and was part of the issue with Pembroke.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Pete Goulet's taken over as Brampton's head coach in the ECHL.

Uh, wow.

I can only think Dave Leger as Nepean's next coach, but yikes. Talk about a franchise with no direction and not much in the pipeline player-wise.

Next year or two could get ugly in Nepean.

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
No, Kanata will be at the bottom once again. They have some work to do, and even if they want to begin trending in the right direction, it'll take a year or so of more basement dwelling.

Cumberland by far the youngest team in the league, and have some very impressive prospects who have yet to join their roster. I have them in between 5th and 7th place next year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see CP and Pembroke in the final again next season. Two great programs, and two great developers behind the bench.

Don't know about CP, but Pembroke has 2 great developers behind the bench..??????
Can you elaborate....
Who did they develop.?

Links

Jan 16, 2012
Nepean Raiders

Pete Goulet's taken over as Brampton's head coach in the ECHL.

Uh, wow.

I can only think Dave Leger as Nepean's next coach, but yikes. Talk about a franchise with no direction and not much in the pipeline player-wise.

Next year or two could get ugly in Nepean.

Peter Goulet is a class act, a great coach and was a great fit for Nepean. Dave Leger would be an excellent head coach for Nepean going forward. The Raiders would certainly be fortunate to go from one great coach to another without missing a beat.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Peter Goulet is a class act, a great coach and was a great fit for Nepean. Dave Leger would be an excellent head coach for Nepean going forward. The Raiders would certainly be fortunate to go from one great coach to another without missing a beat.

Couldn't agree more, but there's no denying how bad they were this year. 10th place isn't exactly 'missing a beat' in terms of consistency.

Wish him the best of luck in Brampton.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
CJHL Cups

The Western Canada Cup slots are all filled while both the Fred Page Cup & Dudley-Hewitt Cup await one more team. The CJHL Rankings as of March 2, 2015 are listed after each team.

Western Canada Cup
Host-Fort McMurray (NR)
MJHL- Portage Terriers (1)
SJHL- Melfort Mustangs (7)
AJHL- Spruce Grove Saints (2)
BCHL- Penticton Vees (6)
Both Cup Champion & Runner-Up plays in the Royal Bank Cup

Dudley-Hewitt Cup
Host & SIJHL Champion-Fort Frances Lakers (9)
OJHL- Toronto (NR) & Kingston (NR) Tied 3-3
NOJHL- Soo Thunderbirds (12)
SIJHL Representative- Dryden IceDogs (NR)
Cup Champion plays in the Royal Bank Cup

Fred Page Cup
Host--Cornwall Colts (NR)
MHL - Dieppe Commandos (18)
LHJAAAQ -Longueuil (NR) Leads Sherbrooke (20) 3-2
CCHL - Carleton Place Canadians (5)

Royal Bank Cup
Host- Portage La Prairie Terriers
Fred Page Cup Champion
Dudley-Hewitt Cup Champion
Western Canada Cup Champion & Runner-Up

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
The Western Canada Cup slots are all filled while both the Fred Page Cup & Dudley-Hewitt Cup await one more team. The CJHL Rankings as of March 2, 2015 are listed after each team.

Western Canada Cup
Host-Fort McMurray (NR)
MJHL- Portage Terriers (1)
SJHL- Melfort Mustangs (7)
AJHL- Spruce Grove Saints (2)
BCHL- Penticton Vees (6)
Both Cup Champion & Runner-Up plays in the Royal Bank Cup

Dudley-Hewitt Cup
Host & SIJHL Champion-Fort Frances Lakers (9)
OJHL- Toronto (NR) & Kingston (NR) Tied 3-3
NOJHL- Soo Thunderbirds (12)
SIJHL Representative- Dryden IceDogs (NR)

Fred Page Cup
Host--Cornwall Colts (NR)
MHL - Dieppe Commandos (18)
LHJAAAQ -Longueuil (NR) Leads Sherbrooke (20) 3-2
CCHL - Carleton Place Canadians (5)

Royal Bank Cup
Host- Portage La Prairie Terriers
Fred Page Cup Champion
Dudley-Hewitt Cup Champion
Western Canada Cup Champion & Runner-Up

Question for you Badger. As someone who has scouted Minor Midget for a long time, how do you feel about this new Midget CCHL league ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad