CCHL 2014-2015 season

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Rick Dorval has resigned in Ottawa...gotta think Martin Dagenais would want to run his own team...will dorval land anywhere?

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Lots of changes for next season:

1) Adam Dewan back coaching in Kanata
2) Rick Dorval & Lou Nitisco now in Hawkesbury
3) Martin Dagenais in charge in Ottawa
4) Tugnutt coaching in Kemptville

It should make for an interesting season.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Lots of changes for next season:

1) Adam Dewan back coaching in Kanata
2) Rick Dorval & Lou Nitisco now in Hawkesbury
3) Martin Dagenais in charge in Ottawa
4) Tugnutt coaching in Kemptville

It should make for an interesting season.

Tugnutt coaching in Kemptville is an iffy decision. Are his kids still playing? If they are, I could see some players wanting out of that organization with a parent coach in charge.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
Cornwall is a team I expect to make a lot of moves this summer. I think Cumberland and Nepean are going to have a very good season.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
CCHL Player Losses by Team

List of Players who either aged out or leaving for College, this does not have any traded players, OHL prospects, or those players drafted by USHL..Which teams have a tougher job rebuilding..

- Brockville (4) -Pikul, Hulton, Walter,Wilson,
- Cornwall (2) Thompson,Ulrick
- Carleton Place (9) D. Gareau, DAndrea, Summers, Peterson, Roll, Edwards, Smith, Ghantous, McVeigh.
(Side note: V. Post out for half of season with ACL injury from RBC Cup)
- Cumberland (2) Bennett, Turner
- Hawkesbury (6) Reis, Lemelin, Roeper, Laliberte, Landers, Roumeliotis.
- Kanata (3) Kulczycki, Moffatt, Rowe.
- Kemptville (3) Couvrette, Giberson, Harvey.
- Nepean (7) Hodgson, Mulder, Williams, Smith, Ferras, Herlihey, Coghill.
- Ottawa (7) Shecter, Martin, Collins, Charbonneau, Clitsome, Dupont, Evelyn.
- Pembroke (8) Johnston, Harper,Durocher, Gleason, Gonu, Rowe, Shaw, D. Staples
- Rangers (5) Adams, Jansz, McDiarmid, Rosebrook, Veenstra.
- Smiths Falls (7) Plouffe, Buonincontri, Beasley, Costello, McMartin, Beaulac, Momesso.

Last edited:

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
List of Players who either aged out or leaving for College, this does not have any traded players, OHL prospects, or those players drafted by USHL..Which teams have a tougher job rebuilding..

- Brockville (4) -Pikul, Hulton, Walter,Wilson,
- Cornwall (2) Thompson,Ulrick
- Carleton Place (9) D. Gareau, DAndrea, Summers, Peterson, Roll, Edwards, Smith, Ghantous, McVeigh.
(Side note: V. Post out for half of season with ACL injury from RBC Cup)
- Cumberland (2) Bennett, Turner
- Hawkesbury (6) Reis, Lemelin, Roeper, Laliberte, Landers, Roumeliotis.
- Kanata (3) Kulczycki, Moffatt, Rowe.
- Kemptville (3) Couvrette, Giberson, Harvey.
- Nepean (7) Hodgson, Mulder, Williams, Smith, Ferras, Herlihey, Coghill.
- Ottawa (7) Shecter, Martin, Collins, Charbonneau, Clitsome, Dupont, Evelyn.
- Pembroke (7) Johnston, Harper,Durocher, Gleason, Gonu, Rowe, Shaw.
- Rangers (5) Adams, Jansz, McDiarmid, Rosebrook, Veenstra.
- Smiths Falls (7) Plouffe, Buonincontri, Beasley, Costello, McMartin, Beaulac, Momesso.

Where is Ferras going ?

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Pembroke LumberKings
‏@PLKingsCCHL
The PLK have traded F @RjErickson_ and F @J_Staples95 to the @sooTBIRDhockey for all-star goalie Joel Horodziejczyk #GoKingsGo

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
NAHL Draft

List of CCHL players just drafted by NAHL teams......

D - Dan Brickley - Hawkesbury/Topeka
F - Ryan Cusin - Brockville/Corpus Christi
F - Nic Laburn - Kanata/Corpus Christi
F - Quinn Carroll - Kemptville/Lone Star
F - Nick Ford - Cumberland/Lone Star
D - Eric Israel - Brockville/Corpus Christi
F - Francois Lemelin - Hawkesbury/Minnesota
G - Kevin Gollmer - Cumberland/Wenatchee

Wonder if the "pay to play" model will have an influence on players leaving for leagues where they don't have to pay.
Brockville would get hit the hardest if they lose both players..
http://nahldraft.com/

Zola

Feb 8, 2008
RE: NAHL draft (theft)

Nic Laburn
“I'm very excited to be joining the IceRays next season,” said Laburn. When the season starts next year, fans in Corpus Christi can expect to see that I am a gritty and physical player. In addition, hopefully I'll score a lot of goals as well.”

Ryan Cusin
“It was an honor being the first pick for the IceRays in this year’s draft,” said Cusin. From what I’ve heard it’s a great place to play, and I’m beyond excited for the season to start. The fans can expect tons of offense from me. I love to put the puck in the net and that’s what I plan to do.”

http://goicerays.pointstreaksites.com/view/goicerays/-4882/news_152775

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
With the pay to play model more American players are going to head home to play for free in NAHL if they the chance. NAHL is a good league but not the same calibre as CCHL, some really good teams but some weak ones also. Look for CCHL teams to focus more on Canadian players in the future.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
NAHL is a notch above the CCHL

You are entitled to your opinion but you will not get much support for it from pro scouts. The NAHL has several very good teams but a lot of real bad ones. The overall quality top to bottom is not comparable.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
You are entitled to your opinion but you will not get much support for it from pro scouts. The NAHL has several very good teams but a lot of real bad ones. The overall quality top to bottom is not comparable.

I agree on that now, but with pay to play you will see a slow decline in the overall talent as more kids who can will choose to play elsewhere.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
One thing I did not notice last season was a definite increase in the caliber of hockey in the JR B loop. Allot of people indicated last year at this time that an abundance of players would opt to play JR B instead of paying the money in CCHL. I don't think that happened. I think any player coming out of minor hockey will not question the money. Any good players who have been playing JR A are more than likely looking for a scholly and will continue playing (and paying) Any fringe players who have been playing JR A have to make the decision to pay or not. Most I believe want to continue at the highest level and will continue to pay. The odd player will revert back to JR B, but not enough to make a drastic improvement, as we saw last season. And I am not saying the JR B league is bad. That is not my point. My point is most players will pay to play.

forthefunofit

Jun 9, 2014
I agree on that now, but with pay to play you will see a slow decline in the overall talent as more kids who can will choose to play elsewhere.

Players will go where there is value, regardless if it is pay to play. Coaching, opportunity, exposure play a bigger role in the decision then the pay to play decision. All things being equal, a player would most likely opt for the "free" option. However, you need to be very careful when you weigh your options.

For example, friend of mine indicated to me that he had paid over $1500+ for equipment (sticks/helmet/pants) for the 2 years that his son was in the NAHL. Team did offer equipment but it was of such poor quality and condition that they were forced to purchase on their own.

CP Clarke

Jun 28, 2013

The most successful league in North America in moving players onto NCAA is the USPHL. They use a club system, something like what Europe organizations use. They own Midget, Jr B and Jr A. These kids pay around 10k to play every year at every level. This does not include any equipment, travel, billeting, etc...this is just the players fee. This model has been in place for 10 yrs....no lack talent in this league.
Pay to Play.....here to stay....

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
The USPHL is really not the same level as the USHL or NAHL (Tiers 1 and 2 ) in the U.S. Its very new as an organisation even though some of the teams have been around for some time. Very few players move to top NCAA programs from the USPHL . The top players come from the USHL. Also, I hope the Canadian kids moving to Texas like riding buses. Ever been on a trip from Corpus Christi Texas to Topeka Kansas? It doesn't compare to the trip from Brockville to Kanata!

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
The most successful league in North America in moving players onto NCAA is the USPHL. They use a club system, something like what Europe organizations use. They own Midget, Jr B and Jr A. These kids pay around 10k to play every year at every level. This does not include any equipment, travel, billeting, etc...this is just the players fee. This model has been in place for 10 yrs....no lack talent in this league.
Pay to Play.....here to stay....

This is a very inaccurate statement. The USHL by far has the most NCAA commitments

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->