CCHL 2014-2015 season

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
HAHAHAHA, Oh Connor, pull your skirt down, your bias is showing.

Dagenais whines and crys then flat out lies when he claims Watt has concussion symptons. Just how many shifts did that kid miss??? Watt played great and was a huge factor in game 6 while Nellis sat in the stands. How many times did Michel die on the ice only to play on the ensueing power play. It's kinda funny to see someone grabbing his fish bowl in pain. Don't forget about the real non-call that left Chase bloodied in game 4 (think it was game 4). He sat with real concussion symptoms.

I think it's safe to say the refs (perhaps the league) played a rather large, perhaps too large, a role in this series in both directions.

You really need to put the rose-coloured glasses away.

There were some pretty spectacular flops from the Lumber Kings last night. Piccolino's dive when Bebb crashed the net was one of the most obvious ones I've seen in a while. It would be naive if I said that Ottawa didn't try to sell a bit, but PLK was blatantly throwing themselves around.

Chamberland is going to be in the refs' ears all series if he complains about the same type of things as he did in the Ottawa series. CPC will bring them much more often.

Watching Pembroke last night, they were off their game for a while. Usually it was after an adversity-testing event, like a tough call. Ottawa gave them room to comeback into it, but they just aren't strong enough to do the same against Carleton Place.

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
You really need to put the rose-coloured glasses away.

There were some pretty spectacular flops from the Lumber Kings last night. Piccolino's dive when Bebb crashed the net was one of the most obvious ones I've seen in a while. It would be naive if I said that Ottawa didn't try to sell a bit, but PLK was blatantly throwing themselves around.

Chamberland is going to be in the refs' ears all series if he complains about the same type of things as he did in the Ottawa series. CPC will bring them much more often.

Watching Pembroke last night, they were off their game for a while. Usually it was after an adversity-testing event, like a tough call. Ottawa gave them room to comeback into it, but they just aren't strong enough to do the same against Carleton Place.

No rose colored glasses here buddy. In fact, re-read my post, I don't deny any acting on the Kings part at all. All I pointed out was the Sens pushed the envelope also, but perhaps the biggest acting job coming from the OJS bench throughout the series.

I thought both teams played careful. Maybe it was just game 7 jitters. No one wanted to be the guy who gave up that goal.

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
No rose colored glasses here buddy. In fact, re-read my post, I don't deny any acting on the Kings part at all. All I pointed out was the Sens pushed the envelope also, but perhaps the biggest acting job coming from the OJS bench throughout the series.

I thought both teams played careful. Maybe it was just game 7 jitters. No one wanted to be the guy who gave up that goal.

You guys missed the point: great series, I saw the 7 games and for $10 bucks a pop that was great hockey, sure beats watching some floaters in the NHL at times. Gotta love the effort this kids (young men ) give to the game.

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
You guys missed the point: great series, I saw the 7 games and for $10 bucks a pop that was great hockey, sure beats watching some floaters in the NHL at times. Gotta love the effort this kids (young men ) give to the game.

Right on! Well put.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
CJHL Match-ups

MHL*- Dieppe Commandos (1) vs. Truro Bearcats (8)

LHJAAAQ* -Le College Francais de Longueuil (2) vs. Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (1)

CCHL- Carleton Place Canadians (1) vs. Pembroke Lumber Kings (3)

OJHL- Toronto Patriots (2 SW) vs. Kingston Voyageurs (4 NE)

NOJHL*- Soo Thunderbirds (1) vs.Cochrane Crunch (4)

SIJHL- Fort Frances Lakers (1) vs.Dryden IceDogs (3)

MJHL- Portage Terriers (1) vs. Steinbach Pistons (2)

SJHL*- Melfort Mustangs (1) vs. Notre Dame Hounds (3)

AJHL* - Spruce Grove Saints (1) vs. Brooks Bandits (2)

BCHL*- Penticton Vees (1) vs. Nanaimo Clippers (2)

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Who's Left? CJHL Rankings as of March 2, 2015

From the last posted rankings of 25 teams, 14 teams remain out of the 20 still playing. Italicized teams are out. Interestingly, none of the ranked OJHL teams have made it this far in the playoffs. Kingston has knocked off 3rd ranked Aurora & 8th ranked Trenton.

Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (3)
Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (4)
Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (5)
Penticton Vees (BCHL) (6)
Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (7)
Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (9)
Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (10)
Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (13)
Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (11)
Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (12)
Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (14)
Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (15)
Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (16)
Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (17)
Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (18)
Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (19)
Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL), Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), Winnipeg Blues (MJHL), Elliot Lake Wildcats (NOJHL), Cobourg Cougars (OJHL)

pppuckman

Feb 29, 2012
Actually 3 coaching staffs this season. Something like 10 coaches (Heads and assistants, in the calendar year after the entire staff quit at the end of last season)

Not to mention, trainers, equipment guys, volunteers all left too. Way to go John Hill

Can anyone confirm that the Rangers coaching staff quit?

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Can anyone confirm that the Rangers coaching staff quit?

They quit in December and were begged to stay on.

Rumours flying around about where Sylvain Favreau will end up. I like the guy, hope he gets another head coaching position sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

sawagohabs4ever

Nov 26, 2010
They quit in December and were begged to stay on.

Rumours flying around about where Sylvain Favreau will end up. I like the guy, hope he gets another head coaching position sooner rather than later.

Rumour I heard was he would end up in Cumberland after coaching with Barban in the summer league last year.

417hockey

Oct 3, 2014
cant imagine the finals over in 4 straight
Those at the game can you fill us in on what the difference makers were?

Congrats to casselman!

Tarzan

May 23, 2010
cant imagine the finals over in 4 straight
Those at the game can you fill us in on what the difference makers were?

Congrats to casselman!

CP could make a pass, Kings couldn't, especially from their D-men. CP worked as a team, Kings are a bunch of individuals (except for a handful of kids). CP goalie could make a save, Kings goalie couldnt. CP was disciplined, Kings were not. That about sums it up.

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
CP could make a pass, Kings couldn't, especially from their D-men. CP worked as a team, Kings are a bunch of individuals (except for a handful of kids). CP goalie could make a save, Kings goalie couldnt. CP was disciplined, Kings were not. That about sums it up.

Totally agree.
If PLK lose tonight, they will not recover, they're a good team, but fragile, no grit.

knowtherules

Dec 21, 2014
I said CP in 6-7, and I'm sticking by it.

Old
04-08-2015, 07:52 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
CPC in 6. Pembroke a good team, but not that good. They both play the same kind of game, but CPC does it better. They also know how to win games when the focus isn't necessarily on the play between whistles. Pembroke did a lot of whining and diving in the OJS series, it won't work for them in Carleton Place.
It was kind of funny watching the league's 'toughest' team falling all over the ice. High sticks, slashes, etc. appeared out of nowhere. That being said, Pemby was the better team in the third period last night when it counted, full marks for the win.

CP in 5. Two teams that play similar styles, but CP just, as you said, does it better. They'll also be a bit fresher, as I don't think Cornwall pushed them the same way OJS pushed Pembroke.

Piccolino v Therrien in net...hm. Will be interesting.

I personally just think Jason Clarke and Dale McTavish should have a charity boxing fight to decide who wins the championship.

Note the date.

6yekcoh

Apr 13, 2012
Looking at the cchl website and watched the houseedge media production of game 7 highlights ojs vs pem. Well done I thought. The OJs backup goalie played well by the few minutes shown. The last goal was not the all-star dmans best play I guess. Do many games have clips done?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad