Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
And both of them are playing better than PLD. This might be one of the trades where there are no winners.
The Jets are deep and have plenty of time for PLD's game to come around. I've really liked what I've seen in spurts.

I really didn't want Laine traded in the first place but now that he is gone and with the ensuing circus around him, there is no way I would want him back, and certainly not at $10M per season for what he contributes!

Roslovic may yet reach his potential, good luck to him, he wasn't going to get that opportunity in Winnipeg.

Appleton has stepped up and more than replaced Roslovic imo.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Except that one team seems to be doing much better.....

All that matters is winning so I agree. I knew the Laine thing was going to crash and burn in Columbus. They have a $10 million winger with no Center close to playing with him. Such a bad fit and with a coach you knew he wasn't going to gel with. Really bad fit for him and the Bluejackets.

PLD will work out just fine. I said at the time they gave up more but made their team better. Jackets did the opposite. All this talk that Jackets won that deal and robbed the Jets didn't look at the rosters. I said that the Jackets would be worse with this deal and they are. Not even Torts can get this team to overachieve like so many other years when he got them in the playoffs.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Well, at least Roslovic is playing well for Columbus. Laine, not so much.

PLD is playing well on Winnipeg but given the price that was paid to get him I still think Columbus still ends up ahead in this deal but it will depend on how they handle a struggling Laine.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk this deal still seems like a clear win for Columbus to me just because of how good Roslovic has been for them.

And I know people are criticizing Laine, but he still has 7 goals and 12 points in 19 games. Do you want more from him? Of course, but that's still not terrible.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Idk this deal still seems like a clear win for Columbus to me just because of how good Roslovic has been for them.

Roslovic had a hot start but only three points in his last ten.

And I know people are criticizing Laine, but he still has 7 goals and 12 points in 19 games. Do you want more from him? Of course, but that's still not terrible.

That's literally Jeff Carter as a Jacket level. The parallels are eerie.

Reactions: snowkiddin

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Oh, I see, Hockey-Reference is missing his last three games. That three point game against DAL really skews things though. Outside of that he's been pretty pedestrian since his initial hot streak as I mentioned.

Yea.. that is absolutely wrong... the biggest issue is people comparing him to Dubois which he obviously he isnt... he was meant as an addition to two top players, and he has surpassed expectations.

If you think otherwise, you need to watch more hockey plain and simple.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that Patrik Laine is not playing as well as most of us expected. But that can be a very nice thing indeed - when Patrik Laine plays as well as he can, it's like adding another player for the team! So it's not that bad. If he doesn't score 50 goals this season, it's more likely that he scores 50 goals next season.

Nov 24, 2006
I think that Patrik Laine is not playing as well as most of us expected. But that can be a very nice thing indeed - when Patrik Laine plays as well as he can, it's like adding another player for the team! So it's not that bad. If he doesn't score 50 goals this season, it's more likely that he scores 50 goals next season.

:huh:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Dubois is physical and makes an impact when he not scoring. Laine is invisible and sometimes a liability when he is not scoring.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Laine was on the Jets, even if the Jets had the exact same winning record... the Jets board would be infested with post after post complaining about his "usage" new line proposals around "getting him going" and complaining all around. I for one am glad to be rid of that discourse.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
My eyeball test suggests Dubois is the doing the things that allow Connor and Ehlers to flourish. Works for me!

It’s actually nice to see Ehlers flourish without him feeling obligated to pass to Laine.

Dubois seems fine. I wasn’t going to knee jerk react to him until sometime next year. A lot of impatient posters want to draw a conclusion right away, which is silly.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
One thing is obvious...none of the three players in the deal are shooting the puck nearly enough. All three have very high conversion rates when shooting but it's like they all want to show they are team players and pass the puck. I expect that of Roslovic, he's not really a shoot first type player but not of Laine. His shot level is way down from what I would expect.

And what's happened to our daily trade winner declaration? There area lot more stats to compile and determine the winner. :)

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Not watching Columbus games, or if you are, watching with your mind already made up. Because you're not accurate.
My Finn friend Even the Laine Fanboys watching CBJ games are watching through Rose colored glasses have their minds made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad