Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Imagine comparing Laine to Ovechkin. Not even in the same ballpark whatsoever Ovechkin is so much better.

Aside from that, PLD is already a better player than he is. I would take him over Laine any day. Jets did good here with this trade

How quickly we forget the “controller disconnected” jokes about Ovi for the first decade of his career.

LAINEC

Mar 15, 2018
Candyland
Good trade for both teams. Keklu really got two players he wants and he had to solve this Dubois think quikly as possible and get good return. Winnibeg gets good 1b/ elite 2 center who probaly wants to be Jets also he plays more important position. Columbus centers looks in bad in paper atleast but this Texier kid is good.

Reactions: RCAFguy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good trade for both teams. Keklu really got two players he wants and he had to solve this Dubois think quikly as possible and get good return. Winnibeg gets good 1b/ elite 2 center who probaly wants to be Jets also he plays more important position. Columbus centers looks in bad in paper atleast but this Texier kid is good.

Say what you want to say about Torts but he gets the best out of his players cause they know that they have to show up each and every game for the entire game. So yeah, he probably will push Texier to become a better player and he's going to get more usage and ice time... if he is up for the challenge.

Will be interesting to see Dubois without Torts. I'm a big fan of Dubois's game but lets see if he keeps up his energy with a new coach that may or may not be on his back as much.

I think Laine is going to bust out on the Jackets with more top line minutes and usage on the top PP with those two studs on the back end. Domi sucks defensively but he's skilled and I'm curious to see what the Blue Jackets do

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Seems like both of these players feel they are better than their former teams give them credit for. Time to put up or shut up now boys! Hope they both prove they are as good as they think on their new teams. There is nothing wrong with a win/win trade.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Would be nice...not how I understand, but would be fantastic if we find out you are right
Im just depending on someone elses information o a finnish hockey forum. And the info is from some kind of news site they said. I believed it.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I wish the Jets would of drafted Mathews instead of Laine. We wouldn’t be in this situation otherwise
It's so lovely to be a Finnish poster here and constantly embarrassed by fellow Finnish posters. On a regular basis. And our lingo was supposed to be the logical one, on the "descriptive" end of the linguistic scale including the semantics and usage and thinking patterns. Mr Myth, meet Mr Bust.

The only efficient remedy I've found for this national / cultural / psycho-genetic predicament is to be just as embarrassing myself in reckless abandon and stop worrying about the whole thing. It works?

Reactions: Gordian Knot

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just speculation but it seems like Laine will be missed by the Jets more than PLD by the Jackets (team mates wise).

For sure.
Dubois really lost the room, Laine while looking to get out worked on his weaknessess as asked and stood up for his linemates in games.

2 very different approaches

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Seems like both of these players feel they are better than their former teams give them credit for.

I think Torts felt Dubois was better than what Dubois consistently showed. Dubois may be better fit in WPG because they don’t need him to be “the guy” for their offense like CBJ leaned on him to be. Laine may embrace that role in Columbus.

Reactions: CBJx614

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
So much Kek.

I once visited 4chan's nether regions and they didn't even know there had been a country called Kekkoslovakia with a Kekkonen for eternally extended boss man. They were firm in their belief that Finland wasn't on the map. I left quickly. Obviously not hockey fans at all.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Couple days late to the party but i like this a lot for Winnipeg.

Schiefele-Dubois-Stastny-Lowry is a very deep collection of centers, IMO one of the better cores in the league. Not gonna be a team i want to face in the Canadian division.

This isnt a bad deal for Columbus. Dubois didnt want to play there and they got a very good young winger in return. If they can get a legit 1st line center to play alongside him even better.

Long term, i would rather have Dubois on my team. 2-way, 1st line (arguable) center over 1st line scoring winger any day.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

ijuka

May 14, 2016
For sure.
Dubois really lost the room, Laine while looking to get out worked on his weaknessess as asked and stood up for his linemates in games.

2 very different approaches
Yes, that's how you notice that one is a character guy and one is not. Unfortunately, the narratives tend to oppose reality.

Schiefele-Dubois-Stastny-Lowry is a very deep collection of centers, IMO one of the better cores in the league. Not gonna be a team i want to face in the Canadian division.

This isnt a bad deal for Columbus. Dubois didnt want to play there and they got a very good young winger in return. If they can get a legit 1st line center to play alongside him even better.

Long term, i would rather have Dubois on my team. 2-way, 1st line (arguable) center over 1st line scoring winger any day.
Do you think Roslovic is a non-factor or something? It's odd to not address him at all.

Reactions: BB88

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

I agree. But in fairness, 'Lumbers isn't in so deep trouble down the middle either, considering the pros and cons of Tortsie's flexicuff shcakles of a teamplay system. Domi, Texier, Roslovic, Nash, Koivu, Stenlund, in a pinch Jenner, it's a workable roster. Jetsies' C collection is flying a mile above, granted, and who knows if Jarm-Jarm Keks pulls a weird trade before the season is over. (I have odd thoughts about Kopitar. But something like Barkov is most unlikely to say the least.)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I take prime Kucherov/Kane/Pasta over okay 1C.

Dubois hasn’t proven to be a 1C yet and not sure if he can get to franchise level.
Laine hasn’t proven either to be among the very best wingers but I’d bet on him here.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
It's so lovely to be a Finnish poster here and constantly embarrassed by fellow Finnish posters. On a regular basis. And our lingo was supposed to be the logical one, on the "descriptive" end of the linguistic scale including the semantics and usage and thinking patterns. Mr Myth, meet Mr Bust.

The only efficient remedy I've found for this national / cultural / psycho-genetic predicament is to be just as embarrassing myself in reckless abandon and stop worrying about the whole thing. It works?
I know. Finnish posters are a little different but enjoy their posts.

Icelandic people on the other hand are just wonderful posters.

Reactions: Stubu

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I agree. But in fairness, 'Lumbers isn't in so deep trouble down the middle either, considering the pros and cons of Tortsie's flexicuff shcakles of a teamplay system. Domi, Texier, Roslovic, Nash, Koivu, Stenlund, in a pinch Jenner, it's a workable roster. Jetsies' C collection is flying a mile above, granted, and who knows if Jarm-Jarm Keks pulls a weird trade before the season is over. (I have odd thoughts about Kopitar. But something like Barkov is most unlikely to say the least.)
Yeah as a very strong defensive team i dont think the lack of a 1C sticks out like a sore thumb. Its more center by committee and they will roll with what works. I do like Texiers potential but i dont think he turns into a bonafide 1C.

Reactions: Stubu

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I take prime Kucherov/Kane/Pasta over okay 1C.

Dubois hasn’t proven to be a 1C yet and not sure if he can get to franchise level.
Laine hasn’t proven either to be among the very best wingers but I’d bet on him here.
Laine isnt any one of those guys.

While you are betting on Laine reaching another level, i am excited to see Dubois in a more offensive system, behind Schiefele, with potentially seeing time with elite offensive talent like Wheeler/Connor/Schiefele (PP). Should have Ehlers on his wing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad