Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
None of those players is on the level of Panarin. I wouldn't say a draft pick who hasn't played an NHL game and an ageing Stastny are all that great either. Doesn't even address my point of no longer being the man and being 4th fiddle to Wheeler/Connor/Scheifele.

Why are you comparing Dubois to wingers in Winnipeg? Why not toss Hellebuyck in there too to make it a fifth fiddle rofl.

As for the rest of your slop, should we denigrate Laine’s goal scoring because he had elite set-up men like Wheeler feeding him power play one-timers? I’d be surprised if Laine keeps up his production with the likes of Max Domi.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
What's the problem with Blake Wheeler?
Mostly that his contract will be a drag on the team in a few years as his age catches up with him. Fierce competitor and he has high expectations for himself and his team. I heard an interview with him a few years ago where he said that he wants PL to be the best hockey player in the NHL before he (Wheeler)retires. Google it as I know it is out there.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
Now that I've slept on this trade...I think...CBJ won...
I think it all depends on the attitude and effort PLD brings to the Jets. We know Laine will score but he doesn't make those around him better, if PLD can do that on the Jets 2nd line I will have to give this to the Jets, if not then to the Blue Jackets.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
Chevy does not know what the f*** he is doing and is running a garage sale team on a welfare budget.

He let one of the best players in laine go and has failed the fans yet again with another blunder.

I have no faith in him and he needs to be fired before he sinks this franchise like the titanic.
"Welfare Budget"??????

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Genuinely surprised that the jets had to add to Patrik frikin Laine for PLD.
I would look at it more of 2 straight up deals. PLD for Laine and Roslovic for a 3rd round pick. Most Jets fans hoped for a 2nd, but those are the breaks. Counting on Roslovic to be a #2 center is a stretch. He is mostly a perimeter player who avoids the middle of the ice or any disputed board play. He will float around the edges but can score when the play falls into his lap.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Why are you comparing Dubois to wingers in Winnipeg? Why not toss Hellebuyck in there too to make it a fifth fiddle rofl.

As for the rest of your slop, should we denigrate Laine’s goal scoring because he had elite set-up men like Wheeler feeding him power play one-timers? I’d be surprised if Laine keeps up his production with the likes of Max Domi.

Laine is going to be the guy in Columbus. He wasn't the guy in Winnipeg. He'll be force fed minutes and PP/offensive zone time. He has an awesome defensive team around him and lots of firepower from the back end.

I don't think he'll score many less goals. He'll be fine.

Hey, maybe they'll even be smart enough to play him at left wing!

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Don't know if it was already posted, but LaPresse said Jarmo asked for Suzuki and a prospect (probably Primeau). Bergevin refused to move Suzuki.

Also said that Bergevin probably didn't want to trade Romanov or Kotkaniemi either...

Don't know what's left to be considered in the final 3

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Seems like people think that we take Snowpiercer to work in Winnipeg. lol

I'll say it again...Winnipeg makes men out of boys.

Snowmen out of boys...I was there in July the wind chill factor on the corner of Portage and Main is something else! :laugh:

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Seems like people think that we take Snowpiercer to work in Winnipeg. lol

I'll say it again...Winnipeg makes men out of boys.
Winnipeg isn't even that cold anymore. Above zero temperatures in January? Pfft...

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Laine is going to be the guy in Columbus. He wasn't the guy in Winnipeg. He'll be force fed minutes and PP/offensive zone time. He has an awesome defensive team around him and lots of firepower from the back end.

Well, you might as well try and extract maximum usage out of him. The Jets didn’t need to do that with the glut of premier wingers.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
well its f'n cold tonight
My furnace just died, I have a gas fireplace and one of those shitty space heaters going but it only 66 in the hot part of the house. Wednesday is supposed to be -35 in the afternoon! I have to wait to replace it.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Speaking hypothetically, do you think Chevy does this trade if Laine is perfectly happy and ready to sign long term? I think so (although ownership may have quashed it).

People are so eager to push toxic locker room drama that they forget that this is a fantastic hockey trade for the Jets. My guess is that it has been on offer for awhile and that CLB was the holdout.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
you know I bet Laine's issue with pomo besides usage is that he didn't really hold the vets on the team accountable. Torts though I think does. I wouldn't be surprised to see Laine actually thrive under him.
Yep. There's two sets of rules under Paul Maurice. One set for Wheeler and Scheifele. And another set for the rest of the team.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Have you actually seen Laine play for an extended period of time to make that comment about him playing on LW being the smart thing?

Some Laine stans keep hyping that he is a LW and the coach has been an idiot to play him on RW so maybe some people who don't watch him often have started to believe it but the reality is that he has struggled on LW whenever he has been played there.

The issue for him on LW is that in the defensive zone he has to handle the puck quite often on his back hand, make quick passes on the backhand relieve pressure when playing LW and he has had trouble with that. And when that happens the team has to spend more time in the defensive zone giving him less touches on the puck in the offensive zone where he can do damage.

It has been more than a year since the Jets tried him on LW so maybe he has improved the parts of his game holding him back from success on LW but he is not a given for success on LW.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Speaking hypothetically, do you think Chevy does this trade if Laine is perfectly happy and ready to sign long term? I think so (although ownership may have quashed it).

People are so eager to push toxic locker room drama that they forget that this is a fantastic hockey trade for the Jets. My guess is that it has been on offer for awhile and that CLB was the holdout.

At the end of the day the Jets had a problem on their hands where Laine and his pending contract was concerned. I think trading him was always going to be on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad