GDT: CBJ @ Tampa (@ Toronto) | Game 5 | On the Brink of Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i think the 5 ots was the momentum killer, if the bluejackets won, it probably would have been a different outcome.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I'm surprisingly content. I think part of it is the circumstances. (I'll admit that I don't think Rask's quote about it not feeling like the playoffs is 100% inaccurate.) But I also think part of it was they put up a pretty strong effort, and perhaps more importantly, there's some nice pieces. There's a good base to build off of, but a few tweaks need to be made. Last year's playoffs were much more high but also much more low.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Nothing but respect for this group of guys, they battled hard, every game was close.

Before the season started we couldn’t even imagine we would reach the post season.

We have none of the important important players leaving so we will only improve and play even better next season

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Nothing but respect for this group of guys, they battled hard, every game was close.

Before the season started we couldn’t even imagine we would reach the post season.

We have none of the important important players leaving so we will only improve and play even better next season

I expected the team to make the playoffs this season. Am I allowed to be peeved and disappointed?

Strategy from the coaches? Bad bounces? Maybe any/all of those things.

But I saw whatever it is that gives resilience completely evaporate after Bjork's goal. The team was nonchalant during the power play that resulted from the challenge. Yes, the PP has been bad, but there was an attitude that was missing, and it never came back. Is that playing not to lose? Is that not keeping your foot on an opponent when you have them down?

Whatever it is, it happened today.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have no doubt that, on the whole, I'll feel positive about things at some point. But right now, I'm upset. And not that they lost, but how. Or, more accurately, how they didn't win in regulation.

Reactions: thebus88

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
But I saw whatever it is that gives resilience completely evaporate after Bjork's goal. The team was nonchalant during the power play that resulted from the challenge. Yes, the PP has been bad, but there was an attitude that was missing, and it never came back. Is that playing not to lose? Is that not keeping your foot on an opponent when you have them down?

100%.

Lackadaisical as I put it when it was happening.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm surprisingly content. I think part of it is the circumstances. (I'll admit that I don't think Rask's quote about it not feeling like the playoffs is 100% inaccurate.) But I also think part of it was they put up a pretty strong effort, and perhaps more importantly, there's some nice pieces. There's a good base to build off of, but a few tweaks need to be made. Last year's playoffs were much more high but also much more low.

For me this was 100% the playoffs. I have thought about the crowd for two seconds since game one.

It sucks losing. I wasn't just "happy to be there". I think, and I know they think, that they could have gone further. It's a good team. They played well but shit happens.

The showings from our young players were very encouraging, I'm not worried one bit about the future.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I expected the team to make the playoffs this season. Am I allowed to be peeved and disappointed?

Strategy from the coaches? Bad bounces? Maybe any/all of those things.

If you can figure out how to bottle momentum and the ability to pressure while holding a lead, do that, you'll make a fortune. Every team in the league would buy it from you.

I also, for the record, expected this team to do well this year. I wanted more too, I'm less pissed about today because I see bad bounces more than anything. That wasn't even a bad third period, they didn't give the Lightning much of anything.

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I know every one is saying that, but I believe Tampa had something like two shots in the third before the 6 on 5 started. They got the bounces. Shit happens.
Well when you dump out of your zone every time you get the puck, shit happens.

ColumbusOwl

Aug 7, 2020
Love the way this team plays, however, they need to build on the attack. It is really hard to keep bona fide goal scorers from getting poached by the big dogs in the NHL.

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Good season guys. This series came down to OT and it could have easily went the other way with a few bounces. Tampa Bay is not that good and you guys were in it to the end. Lots to look forward to on this Jackets team. Some very underrated players and good coaching.

Keep your head up guys and look towards the future

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Don't even act like a guy who had 29 goals in 57 games during the regular season wouldn't have an impact. It's not like he wouldn't have been our leading scorer or anything.

His reputation outside of Tampa is out of proportion to what he brings. Tampa fans aren't the ones talking about how much they miss him, that's an outsider view. Terrible two-way game and a total floater since his big injury a few years back. I could imagine both teams adding a goal or two with Stamkos out there.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well. I feel like empty can, but still season was better than expekt. Playoff streak keeps going. 2 "new" goalies. How many injuries? All "superstars" left. And still this team battled hard and showed they hockey world that dont underestimate us. Season was 7/10 so its good. Now its loooong wait till the hockey comes back.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Tampa fan - in peace

I sat in your shoes last year, except, not really. We were expected to blow you guys up and instead we got blown up. Worst defeat ever in any sport.

YOUR TEAM, this year, was my biggest fear. There is not one team remaining that terrifies me, like yours. Their grit, unwillingness to cave, unflinching play making... Small consolation, I understand.

YOUR TEAM gave us all we could handle. P2, my first tweet was "Oh god, here we go again" and YOUR TEAM knew it.

YOUR TEAM... should be congratulated on a games well played. On paper, Tampa is a better team but on the ice? YOUR TEAM played like a team, with a passion that I wish could be bottled.

I know we will see each other again in a few months... I really hope the hurt you feel goes away quickly, as best as it can because YOUR TEAM is just gonna get better and better, while my team ages/wastes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad