Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I sure hope marchenko do come over and kill it. cause cbj russian pick history aint that great. do not want another filatov or zerdev but I guess the hype wasn't ever that high

I have to say that stuff like this never crosses my mind when it comes to prospects. These are all different players and I do not believe in curses.

People used to refer to Zherdev as Slick Nik and I can't recall if Filatov ever had a nickname...but what we're gonna call him? Love watching those quick hands.

Big Thrill Kirill?

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I bet we end up calling him "Marchy"
Rimer: "..and the Blue Jackets win... 3-2 the final score. Let's go down at the ice level, here's Jody with the 1st star of the game, Tie Domi!"
Jody: *takes time to check if the mic is working*..."so Max, big two points for you guys tonight, tell us about the winning goal"
Domi: "Yeah it was kinda fluke but happy to get the win... so Larsy decided to put me out there with Bjorky and Marchy... we lost the faceoff... Korpy made couple of big saves in our end...obviously huge blocks by Gavy and Beany...and then Marchy did his thing and shot.. I think it deflected off my shin pad but yeah, huge two points."

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I had a real tough time deciding between Marchenko or Johnson for #1 prospect, I think I might have made the wrong call.

Reactions: EspenK

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Marchenko is a very good player but this game against Admiral... if compare... it`s like a game Tampa Bay in the best performance against Buffalo in the worse.
So sorry, but this game says nothing.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Help us rank the Top 25 Blue Jackets players under 25

You can help and make your rank of best 25 under 25 out there on Jackets cannon. May be interesting to see who and where all of you rank our u25 players. Here is mine.

1. Werenski
2. Laine
3. Boqvist
4. Johnson
5. Chinakhov
6. Roslovic
7. Sillinger
8. Marchenko
9. Texier
10. Voronkov
11. Ceulemans
12. Tarasov
13. Foudy
14. Peeke
15. Bean
16. Bemstrom
17. Svozil
18. Angle
19. Pyyhtia
20. Richards
21. Fix-Wolansky
22. Berni
23. Bjorkgvik Holm
24. Malatesta
25. Meyer

So, it appears that series is over for "prospects" purposes - there is still the top four to go and it'll be, in some order, Werenski, Boqvist, Laine, and Roslovic.

To cross reference to our voting here, I've removed any player we did not deem a prospect. I'm sure we will see full vote totals once the final four are revealed, so this is sort of incomplete at the moment (and also, mods, feel free to post to the top 20 prospects rankings page if that's more appropriate).

1. Johnson
2. Tarasov
3. Sillinger
4. Marchenko
5. Chinakhov
6. Foudy
7. Peeke
8. Ceulemans
9. Voronkov
10. Angle
11. Fix-Wolansky
12. Dunne
13. Meyer
14. Svozil
15. Knazko
16. Thurkauf
17. Richard

Reference: 2021 CBJ Top 25 Under 25 - The Cannon

It doesn't look like any criteria was set. Not sure how they ended up totaling the rankings but each player has a "reader" (fan vote?) and "writer" (the bloggers?) rank. Maybe they were combined?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
man I just keep want to rise the machine in they top 20. how many goal do you think he will have ? dream would be keeping a gpg. even if he played horrible team. you can just see how talented he is.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Rimer: "..and the Blue Jackets win... 3-2 the final score. Let's go down at the ice level, here's Jody with the 1st star of the game, Tie Domi!"
Jody: *takes time to check if the mic is working*..."so Max, big two points for you guys tonight, tell us about the winning goal"
Domi: "Yeah it was kinda fluke but happy to get the win... so Larsy decided to put me out there with Bjorky and Marchy... we lost the faceoff... Korpy made couple of big saves in our end...obviously huge blocks by Gavy and Beany...and then Marchy did his thing and shot.. I think it deflected off my shin pad but yeah, huge two points."

"And Max, how about these fans, the 5th line, here at Nationwide tonight??" *slowly turns his head away from Max and looks around the crowd with a stoic head nod and sly smile as the fans go berzerk*

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Has the Traverse City roster not been announced yet? I can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad