Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Dmitry Voronkov’s game is on YouTube as well #10

Just scored. 1-0 Ak bars.

I know it's KHL preseason but great first period for him. He's almost an ideal net front / down low player on PP. Big, strong, good reach and vision, and has touch for goal scoring.

Edit. Should be getting 2nd assist on ak bars 3-1 goal. 1+1 for Voronkov.

Another assist for Voronkov, 1+2 now in the 3rd. 6-2 ak bars.

7-3 final. Voronkov involved in a scrum in final seconds of the game. Sucks we have to wait two years until our Russian Jordan Staal arrives in Columbus.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No way Boqvist should be under Ceulemens or Sillinger. You can even argue him to be the top dog.
Yeah I was wondering if size and injury concerns play a role in that? Makes no sense even if thats the case. Hes as skilled as any of those top guys just needs to work on defense and getting back to his aggressive offensive game but his potential is very high. Top end hes probably number 2, but hes aready an NHLer so that should mean something

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 13 Columbus Blue Jackets accelerate rebuild with recent additions

(top 10 under 23)

Johnson
Marchenko
Sillinger
Ceulemans
Boqvist
Voronkov
Foudy
Texier
Chinakhov
Svozil
It's not the actual rankings order that bothers me but the ratings he gave each of the players. Pronman projects Johnson as a top line forward but says he has below average skating and average hockey sense and compete level...and elite puck skills. Sorry, a player who is elite at one thing and average to below average in every other category would not be a top line player.

This particular article is loaded with contradictions and I am having real issues giving it any credence at all. I used to like Pronman but I heard a podcast with him and Button and to me Button just ran circles around him when it came to understanding how to analyze and project a prospect.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
It's not the actual rankings order that bothers me but the ratings he gave each of the players. Pronman projects Johnson as a top line forward but says he has below average skating and average hockey sense and compete level...and elite puck skills. Sorry, a player who is elite at one thing and average to below average in every other category would not be a top line player.
Agreed. If KJ had "average" hockey sense he wouldn't have been a lottery pick and maybe not a 1st

Reactions: thebus88

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
What I noticed with Pronman's ratings this year was that there may have been like 5 above average skaters and 10 average skaters. Seemed like everyone was below average and then in the body he would indicate they were a good skater but lacked explosion or only good on 2.5 edges... (I'm being obtuse with this). I simply don't know how he comes up with his ratings/commentary. Not really a big fan.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I've given up on Pronman. Not even going to look at it.
Yeah, Pronman just gets worse and worse every year.

I know this is coming from quite a few sources, but I’m still not convinced Kent Johnson is a below average skater. You don’t get to play the type of game he plays if you’re a poor skater.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I know this is coming from quite a few sources, but I’m still not convinced Kent Johnson is a below average skater. You don’t get to play the type of game he plays if you’re a poor skater.

I'm just not going to use one bad-average-good continuum to describe skating for all players. It certainly doesn't make sense for a player like Kent Johnson.

Reactions: NotTooWideArena

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Knazko is surprising

didn't watch the game but how was tex during the tournament ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I sure hope marchenko do come over and kill it. cause cbj russian pick history aint that great. do not want another filatov or zerdev but I guess the hype wasn't ever that high

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
People used to refer to Zherdev as Slick Nik and I can't recall if Filatov ever had a nickname...but what we're gonna call him? Love watching those quick hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad