Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My biggest concern with Chinakhov after watching his WJC performances as well as his highlights is that it seems like 90% of his goals/points are either on the powerplay or on a 2 on 1 rush. Goals are goals, points are points, yes, but that's not going to fly very well at the NHL level. It's going to be a lot tougher to even have those opportunities, let alone score on them. That transition is going to be tough on him, so in that way I think it is good for him to get over here. But on the other hand, knowing its likely NHL or KHL for him next year, he's probably going to take his lumps at the NHL level.

However its not like he's completely useless without the rushes. He was relied upon pretty decently for his defensive play during the WJC for Russia. Does that translate to the NHL level? Who knows. But he's willing in his own end and that's good.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
My biggest concern with Chinakhov after watching his WJC performances as well as his highlights is that it seems like 90% of his goals/points are either on the powerplay or on a 2 on 1 rush. Goals are goals, points are points, yes, but that's not going to fly very well at the NHL level. It's going to be a lot tougher to even have those opportunities, let alone score on them. That transition is going to be tough on him, so in that way I think it is good for him to get over here. But on the other hand, knowing its likely NHL or KHL for him next year, he's probably going to take his lumps at the NHL level.

However its not like he's completely useless without the rushes. He was relied upon pretty decently for his defensive play during the WJC for Russia. Does that translate to the NHL level? Who knows. But he's willing in his own end and that's good.
Didn’t we have like 9 odd man rushes yesterday and no goals?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Didn’t we have like 9 odd man rushes yesterday and no goals?

Yes but I would hardly say getting that many a game is par for the course with this team.

I don't have concerns about him converting/setting them up if he gets them, but getting them is the issue.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Aren't you describing Anderson to a degree?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

um, excuse me. why would we not wait to sign this then?

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I do think part of the question is what kind of term did Omsk demand? If Omsk was willing to do a one year deal then maybe Chinakohv gives it a lot more consideration and spends another year developing in the KHL. But I suspect Omsk was only willing to do 2-3 years and the agent and player decided they didn't want to be locked in like Marchenko and Voronkov.

Reactions: cslebn

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
[

um, excuse me. why would we not wait to sign this then?

I'd assume it was part of the deal, I'll sign with you but it must start now.

From the Jackets perspective I'm not sure if it matters much. I don't think it counts as one of the seven RFA years. That would be terrible, but if it doesn't count then it doesn't matter much. Shorter ELC just means cheaper second contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7201 and Cowumbus

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I do think part of the question is what kind of term did Omsk demand? If Omsk was willing to do a one year deal then maybe Chinakohv gives it a lot more consideration and spends another year developing in the KHL. But I suspect Omsk was only willing to do 2-3 years and the agent and player decided they didn't want to be locked in like Marchenko and Voronkov.

Based on a recent interview by Chinakhov’s agent (Babayev), it didnt matter what Avangard was offering. Chinakhov was leaving for Columbus no matter what.

It appears a lack of courtesy and decorum shown by Chinakhov’s side is what ruffled Avangard’s feathers.

Considering Ava is the organization that developed Chinakhov since he was a child - at least give them the time of day, pretend to negotiate, then tell them you’re going to Columbus instead. No harm, no foul. No bridges burned. Instead Babayev was like “im not listening to your offer, see ya, bye.”

Last edited:

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Based on a recent interview by Chinakhov’s agent (Babayev), it didnt matter what Avangard was offering. Chinakhov was leaving for Columbus no matter what.

It appears a lack of courtesy and decorum shown by Chinakhov’s side is what ruffled Avangard’s feathers.

Considering Ava is the organization that developed Chinakhov since he was a child - at least give them the time of day, pretend to negotiate, then tell them you’re going to Columbus instead. No harm, no foul. No bridges burned. Instead Babayev was like “im not listening to your offer, see ya, bye.”

Or he could have resigned with Avangard, suited up next year, and then start pouting and forcing his way out without telling anyone why...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If he doesn't play for the Jackets this year, which seems impossible, how does a year get burned?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Hartley (paraphrased) on Chinakhov during 31 thoughts episode:

“The kid has a Joe Salic wrist shot and has gotten a lot stronger.
I’m not saying he’s not ready for the NHL, but I was trying to convince his agent that I could make him even more ready to play there if I had another year.
I told Mikeyev to go (to the leafs) because I thought he had other parts to his game if he struggled to score.”

Pretty good interview IMO if you are interested in Bob Hartley

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Hartley (paraphrased) on Chinakhov during 31 thoughts episode:

“The kid has a Joe Salic wrist shot and has gotten a lot stronger.
I’m not saying he’s not ready for the NHL, but I was trying to convince his agent that I could make him even more ready to play there if I had another year.
I told Mikeyev to go (to the leafs) because I thought he had other parts to his game if he struggled to score.”

Pretty good interview IMO if you are interested in Bob Hartley

The Chinakhov talk starts at the 18:00 mark of the show.

Thanks for the link to the podcast. I also would have been happy if he could have stayed in the KHL one more year and continued to mature and develop. FTR, what Hartley said about Chinakhov is exactly what (it was either I forget which one) Tyler Angle or Carson Meyer said when interviewed. Chris Clark told him 'you can score...but what are you doing to impact play when you aren't scoring?'

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Chinakhov talk starts at the 18:00 mark of the show.

Thanks for the link to the podcast. I also would have been happy if he could have stayed in the KHL one more year and continued to mature and develop. FTR, what Hartley said about Chinakhov is exactly what (it was either I forget which one) Tyler Angle or Carson Meyer said when interviewed. Chris Clark told him 'you can score...but what are you doing to impact play when you aren't scoring?'

That was Meyer.

Reactions: Doggy

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Btw Marchenko's contract finnish in 2022 year. Can it buy or will he play still one season in KHL?
The true if trade him only for really good center as J.T. Miller for example.
Hmm, Detroit had Kozlov--Larionov--Fedorov line we could have Marchenko--Voronkov--Chinakhov. ;)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Btw Marchenko's contract finnish in 2022 year. Can it buy or will he play still one season in KHL?
The true if trade him only for really good center as J.T. Miller for example.
Hmm, Detroit had Kozlov--Larionov--Fedorov line we could have Marchenko--Voronkov--Chinakhov. ;)
Are there recent examples of NHL clubs buying out KHL contracts? I expect Marchenko and Vornokov will both complete their KHL contracts before signing with the CBJ. CBJ fans have no choice but to be patient with these draft picks.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Are there recent examples of NHL clubs buying out KHL contracts? I expect Marchenko and Vornokov will both complete their KHL contracts before signing with the CBJ. CBJ fans have no choice but to be patient with these draft picks.

The suckitude of this season notwithstanding, there isn’t room for all three at once anyway.

Reactions: Xoggz22

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Players themselves can do it. No one do it in the past. But...
Even if the player decides to break the contract on his own, he will not be able to leave immediately, because there is a time in the regulation that he must stay in KHL. Or is the second option. A club will ofically break a contract with a player, thanks to what he can leave immediately without paying compensation, unofficially the player will pay it. And I sincerely doubt that SKA would agree with the second possibility. Voronkov has the advantage that his contract is to 2023 year, so if he would want to leave after next season, he would had time to break the contract.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Is anybody in the know on Daniel Zaar? Is he still exclusively CBJ property and/or good enough for an NHL spot now? Or is he just a Joakim Lindstrom?

Was just checking in on the SHL playoffs and noticed he scored yesterday after missing some time earlier in the season. He was the leading scorer for Rogle during the regular season and according to CapFriendly the Blue Jackets still hold his rights.

Is that more a formality or could he still have a spot with the team in the future? Or would he be a possible trade piece for Seattle for considerations in the Expansion Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad