Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Meh, some of the players you named are simply not NHL quality players and I find it unlikely we will be play off contenders next year so Chinakhov will likely get a lot of looks with the big club

Well, tell me our 8 wingers, and I'll show at least a couple NHL caliber guys that are left out. Or at least guys that have just as much chance as Chinakhov.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Kaprizov worked out okay.
Kaprizov is 24 years (older than Bemstrom, Texier, Laine for example), he played in TOP teams as Salavat Yulaev and CSKA Moscow in TOP 6. Chinakhov is 20 years and he never was in the situation like Kaprizov. Btw when Panarin came in NHL he was 24 years old too.

Reactions: rotsbu and koteka

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kaprizov is 24 years (older than Bemstrom, Texier, Laine for example), he played in TOP teams as Salavat Yulaev and CSKA Moscow in TOP 6. Chinakhov is 20 years and he never was in the situation like Kaprizov. Btw when Panarin came in NHL he was 24 years old too.
Kind of funny, Suter is 24 this year and Kubalik was 24 last year. Everyone he mentions came to the NHL at 24

Reactions: Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Oh, Avangard released a long statement regarding Chinakhov, it's not pretty.

"It is a pity that the games and the harmful influence of agent Babaev influenced Egor career and relationships with his native club"

«Авангард» о Чинахове: «Жаль, что игры и пагубное влияние агента Бабаева настолько повлияли на его карьеру и отношения с родным клубом»
Agent Babaev is a big aferist. IMHO KHL should withdraw his agent's license. Avangard wanted to work with Yegor, improve him but Babaev needs him to move to NHL.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Khl always hates losing players. They so this so other young prospects feel guilty when deciding to not sign contracts with them.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Age had nothing to do with it though.

Kurashev worked out great this year too, he’s 21 years old. Not sure what your point is...
Age = experience. We want Chinakhov to be the best Chinakhov he can be for his whole career. Not play 8 minutes a game just to see how the pro's do it.
You wont over develop a kid but you can certainly rush them. In the AHL/KHL he can experiment more and round out his game, the NHL isnt so forgiving in that regard.
So my point is just because he was a 1st round pick it doesnt mean he needs to be rushed over here just for the sake of it. Hes not going to be any sort of savior

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Age = experience. We want Chinakhov to be the best Chinakhov he can be for his whole career. Not play 8 minutes a game just to see how the pro's do it.
You wont over develop a kid but you can certainly rush them. In the AHL/KHL he can experiment more and round out his game, the NHL isnt so forgiving in that regard.
So my point is just because he was a 1st round pick it doesnt mean he needs to be rushed over here just for the sake of it. Hes not going to be any sort of savior
I agree I would let him stiil one season in Avangard. But his agent is Babaev and he`s ... .

Khl always hates losing players. They so this so other young prospects feel guilty when deciding to not sign contracts with them.
It isn`t this case. The best for Chinakhov is stay one year in Avangard. Besides childrens school are part of teams and if they educate his players ad then NHL teams take him still young it isn`t too pleasant.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The amount of minutes he plays are completely on the coach. Kurashev is playing 13 minutes a night and doing well. Think about Sven the minutes during practice. He will be going against the best and training with the best. It’s also important that Gavrikov can help him to acclimate to the cultural/country change.

He’s not being rushed, he was drafted as an over-ager and has been playing/developing under an NHL coach. He is responsible defensively and Hartley said as much. He played in a shutdown role at the WJC. What does he need to learn? KHL is the second best league in the world and he has shown he can be impactful there. Why play in a worse league if he can provide immediately at the NHL level?

Production from players on ELCs is severely undervalued on these boards.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Chinakhov NHL projected point equivalent:
upload_2021-5-2_12-29-50.png

Factor of safety let’s say of 2, he still is projected 25 points. I think there is value in that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Do people realize Yegor Chinakhov is 6 ft 180 lbs and can skate? Exactly the same as Bjorkstrand. And he’s 20, he was drafted as an over-ager!

The KHL is the 2nd best league in the world, why play him in the AHL?

If Yegor Chinakov comes over and kicks ass and wins a roster spot I’m all over having him in the lineup but if you save him a roster spot and he’s not ready then you just have Emil Bemstrom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->