Not open for further replies.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Jenner Johansen Bjorkstrand
Millano Wennberg Rychel
Foligno Dubinsky Dano

I like it.

But really want the FO to ease them in, cbj is notorious for putting prospects right into the nhl and not letting them develope.

Those lines will be potent with serious goal scoring ability.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Millano Wennberg Rychel
Foligno Dubinsky Dano

I like it.

But really want the FO to ease them in, cbj is notorious for putting prospects right into the nhl and not letting them develope.

To be fair since Johansen there hasn't been any demonstrable issues with development. I think the problem many have is the way in which are players are being developed under Richards. Richards emphasizes taking care of your own end of the ice above any other part of the game. Its why Johansen was used as a third liner and not thrown into the top 6 as many wanted. Its why Wennberg has found a place in the lineup while Rychel has not.

I am not one of the posters who think the Jackets are at war with talent, however I do think that their approach of emphasizing defense first makes it harder for the purer offensive talents to shine right away.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
To be fair since Johansen there hasn't been any demonstrable issues with development. I think the problem many have is the way in which are players are being developed under Richards. Richards emphasizes taking care of your own end of the ice above any other part of the game. Its why Johansen was used as a third liner and not thrown into the top 6 as many wanted. Its why Wennberg has found a place in the lineup while Rychel has not.

I am not one of the posters who think the Jackets are at war with talent, however I do think that their approach of emphasizing defense first makes it harder for the purer offensive talents to shine right away.

Excellent post.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I agree, however if he doesn't put on some body mass, he's going to be the next Gilbert Brule in the NHL for many of these same reasons.

The main difference is I feel Bjorkstrand has the ability to adapt. Brule was stubborn and acted like he couldnt change any part of his game. He wanted to play junior hockey in the NHL

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Millano Wennberg Rychel
Foligno Dubinsky Dano

I like it.

But really want the FO to ease them in, cbj is notorious for putting prospects right into the nhl and not letting them develop. Ruins em.

Doug MacLean was fired a long time ago man.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I don't know if those 2 players are the best comparables..

Not comparing play styles at all. My notion was that, Brule was undersized and not physically ready to play in the NHL in the style that he employed .... hence tearing himself up in his first year here and getting sent back to junior. The attitude he maintained from that point forward held him back (see below)

I'm not saying that he plays the same way or has the same attitude ... but if he comes to play in the NHL at 170 pounds, he's going to be in for a rude awakening if he goes into the corners like he does in the WHL.

The main difference is I feel Bjorkstrand has the ability to adapt. Brule was stubborn and acted like he couldnt change any part of his game. He wanted to play junior hockey in the NHL

Agreed.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
He has the skill, but the Danish coach doesn't have a habit of selecting such young players.

Not even Ehlers has been used.

This year could be different though, since Frans Nielsen, Frederik Andersen, Lars Eller, Jannik Hansen, Nicklas Jensen will all be off limits due to PO.

Mikkel Boedker probably wont be released after blowing his spleen.

So no NHL players will available, that could mean he will try for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand.

1st round of the playoffs will be done before Wc begins, so There should be some of them There. Even Andersen should have a pretty good chance if Ducks faces Kings or Sharks in the first round. The only ones I see going through to round two for sure is Islanders and Habs

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
1st round of the playoffs will be done before Wc begins, so There should be some of them There. Even Andersen should have a pretty good chance if Ducks faces Kings or Sharks in the first round. The only ones I see going through to round two for sure is Islanders and Habs

Thats true, but Then there is the chance of fatigue and players that wont be released.
Just worst case though.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Don't get it.

You implied the CBJ rushed Wennberg by playing him in the NHL with relatively no AHL games. I brought up Johansen, who without the lockout, wouldn't have played in any AHL games. During Johansen's rookie year similar things were said about "busting him" or "ruining him." Seems like Johansen is just fine, why can't Wennberg? A bit early to say we're ruining him.

And of everyone we groomed on our team that is still on the team, only Murray hasn't seen AHL time. So I don't think your statement of "putting them right in the NHL" holds true.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You implied the CBJ rushed Wennberg by playing him in the NHL with relatively no AHL games. I brought up Johansen, who without the lockout, wouldn't have played in any AHL games. During Johansen's rookie year similar things were said about "busting him" or "ruining him." Seems like Johansen is just fine, why can't Wennberg? A bit early to say we're ruining him.

And of everyone we groomed on our team that is still on the team, only Murray hasn't seen AHL time. So I don't think your statement of "putting them right in the NHL" holds true.

Meanwhile we have the 2nd highest point producer per 60min in the NHL wasting away in the AHL :sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Comment From Nate
Have you heard anything from the organization or elsewhere re: Mike Reilly's future with the club? His interview with Rimer a few weeks ago in Minny wasn't too convincing that he's excited to sign here. As always, thanks for the great coverage. I'll hang up and listen.
1:36

Portzline:
Just chatting with those around this kid in the last half-year or so, I don't see why this kid would sign with Columbus now. My opinion, he's going to wait until August and enjoy the bidding war.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't get why he wouldn't want to sign in CBJ. In my opinion, you guys have one of the most impressive group of youth in NHL. Perfect situation with other youth for him to grow old with

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't get why he wouldn't want to sign in CBJ. In my opinion, you guys have one of the most impressive group of youth in NHL. Perfect situation with other youth for him to grow old with

Probably for that reason. He probably wants in the NHL sooner rather than later, would be alot easier on some teams...Like say the Minnesota Wild (That's where he signs IMO)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Probably for that reason. He probably wants in the NHL sooner rather than later, would be alot easier on some teams...Like say the Minnesota Wild (That's where he signs IMO)

I could easily see him cracking CBJ's roster way quicker than Minny's... Oh well we will see. This new news could all be inaccurate anyways. I really hope he signs with you guys. You guys will have a deadly team in a few years and he can be a HUGE part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad