Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
(Excuse my ignorance of the question)

Does Bjorkstrand have any chance of playing for Denmark at the WCs in May?
Naturally. Last year he would play, if Portland finished season early than May. Since Oliver didn't become weaker.
And yesterday
CBJ Prospects @CBJProspects
Oliver Bjorkstrand had a goal(32) and 2
assists(31,32) and was named 2nd star
in a 6-2 Winterhawks win.
Goal+two assist and just 2nd star... I wonder who was the first star? His result in this game?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJP thinks he can w/o really checking...said he remembers Fiala playing both, so Bjork should be eligible to...

will be interesting if he comes to Springy after the season on a ATO/PTO

he's trying to find a list of ppl that double dipped, has only found Fiala and Toews did it back in 07

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
CBJP thinks he can w/o really checking...said he remembers Fiala playing both, so Bjork should be eligible to...

will be interesting if he comes to Springy after the season on a ATO/PTO

he's trying to find a list of ppl that double dipped, has only found Fiala and Toews did it back in 07

He definitely can, my question is if he will. Obviously, if Portland is in the playoffs, he won't. I just don't know a lot about the skill level of the Danish National Team so was wondering if one of the Danes could help me out.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Naturally. Last year he would play, if Portland finished season early than May. Since Oliver didn't become weaker.
And yesterday
Oliver Bjorkstrand had a goal(32) and 2
assists(31,32) and was named 2nd star
in a 6-2 Winterhawks win.
Goal+two assist and just 2nd star... I wonder who was the first star? His result in this game?

Chase de Leo had two goals and was named first star.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't think Bjorkstrand will put up the point totals Johansen will but I don't think it's out of the question for him to hit 30+ goals. He's dynamic enough of a scorer to do so at this level.

Better overall at scoring? I'm doubtful..

Idk, Johansen has put on like almost 30+ lbs since he was drafted, if Bjork can at least put on 20 over the next two seasons and keep his speed while adding to the power of his shot i think he could be pretty deadly scorer in the league.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
He definitely can, my question is if he will. Obviously, if Portland is in the playoffs, he won't. I just don't know a lot about the skill level of the Danish National Team so was wondering if one of the Danes could help me out.

i would guess if you're asked to rep your national team, you do...at that age its all about the politics, say no, you may not get asked the next time

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
i would guess if you're asked to rep your national team, you do...at that age its all about the politics, say no, you may not get asked the next time

Would be curious to know if anyone has ever left their junior team in the playoffs to play for another team - be it nationally or whatever. I doubt it happens ...

These kids sign player agreements to play with these teams. It isn't as binding as, say, a pro contract, however if he were to breach this agreement, I would have to question the feasibility of other players from his country playing in the CHL for the foreseeable future.

Don't get your hopes up too much. Portland is red hot and in what will likely be their last year of being competitive for awhile, are going to attempt to make a run. Oliver Bjorkstrand is a big part of that.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I guess now is as good a time as any to point out that he has 5 points tonight (3g-2a).

Edit: ...aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd make it 6 (3g-3a).

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I guess now is as good a time as any to point out that he has 5 points tonight (3g-2a).

Edit: ...aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd make it 6 (3g-3a).

I was at the game tonight. Holy **** is that first line for the Winterhawks something else. Bjorkstrand is a really, really good player (although I think Petan is even better), and he even laid a big time hit in the corner which ended up setting up Petan's goal. What a treat to watch.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I know that its really premature, but I really want to see a line of Johansen, Milano, and Bjorkstrand. The offensive potential and creativity in those three really appear complimentary. Johansen can pass and shoot, Bjork has a missile for a shot, and Milano has incredible hands/a wicked backhand. I know its probably a ways out however I really think this is our future first line.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know that its really premature, but I really want to see a line of Johansen, Milano, and Bjorkstrand. The offensive potential and creativity in those three really appear complimentary. Johansen can pass and shoot, Bjork has a missile for a shot, and Milano has incredible hands/a wicked backhand. I know its probably a ways out however I really think this is our future first line.

That would be beautiful but Milano and Bjork might be too soft for first line duty.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

He has the skill, but the Danish coach doesn't have a habit of selecting such young players.

Not even Ehlers has been used.

This year could be different though, since Frans Nielsen, Frederik Andersen, Lars Eller, Jannik Hansen, Nicklas Jensen will all be off limits due to PO.

Mikkel Boedker probably wont be released after blowing his spleen.

So no NHL players will available, that could mean he will try for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Think more Jenner - Johansen - Bjork/Milano. Need some thump and forecheck on the line... That would be sweet.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Jenner Johansen Bjorkstrand
Millano Wennberg Rychel
Foligno Dubinsky Dano

I like it.

But really want the FO to ease them in, cbj is notorious for putting prospects right into the nhl and not letting them develop. Ruins em.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Returning to our yesterday discussion.
Joonas Korpisalo made 30 saves in his
second shutout of the season.
Elvis Merzlikins made 24 saves for his
first shutout of the season.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jenner Johansen Bjorkstrand
Millano Wennberg Rychel
Foligno Dubinsky Dano

I like it.

But really want the FO to ease them in, cbj is notorious for putting prospects right into the nhl and not letting them develope.

They are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia